Open Thread - Anything and Everything Related to K-Ent

Open Thread (discuss anything and everything related to Korean entertainment -  not limited to old/new dramas, pairings, k-pop, scandals, shipping)
Rules:
1. No bashing of actors/actresses, singers, MCs, comedians, etc
2. Be respectful of others
3. Please use spoiler tags when giving away potential spoilers

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you and congratulation on this thread :) :) where should we start? I'm yet to watch last weekend's episodes of MND, can't comment much but I know there's some good stuff happening in the episodes..I just can't wait for KT to fall for JM..even now I feel like he's already used to have her around in her life...I like KT character..because he's not the typical kdrama lead..u know..when there's this kind hearted 2nd male lead like YeoReum, the male lead is usually a jerk. Ok...KT is not that total angel but he's not as jerk as the lead in Trot Lovers..I mean is it necessary to have a jerk male lead but a kind hearted 2nd lead? I think it is such a risky investment because viewers tend to fall for the 2nd lead and in the end..you've pressured by the audience. Remember marry him if you dare or also known as future's choice/mirae's choice..the 2nd lead played by CNB yonghwa was sooooo a typical 2nd male lead and even I wish he would get the girl in the end...where as the lead played by Leedonggun was such a jerk! A total jerk which i dont want him to win the girl at all (in time the lead is always revert back to a mr.nice guy but damage done..audience loves 2nd lead more...isn't this always the case?) Back to marry him if you dare...in the end..its an open ending..gosh! I hate when its an open ending...u decide the girl actually end up with who... =.='' OMG! I rant about so many dramas in one post? Haha sorry for this 1st post of mine here which I think end up being a messy post :)) I know I have a lot to rant in future...so bear with me chingu deul ;)

EDIT: actually I thought of just leaving a post..a congratulatory post but I end up ranting! :)) wanna discuss on a jerk 1st lead vs a kind hearted 2nd lead?

Guest old soul

Hi @redddy1 and @kaykafisyah!  I guess I'll be the first to comment here.  So here goes....

1.  I'm so glad that Yoona turned down that Nodame Cantabile role which was immortalized by Ueno Juri in the original Japanese version.  Although I feel bad for her for getting so much negative feedback from netizens, I think this is the best for everyone (both Yoona and the Korean NC production).  I've said many times that I'm not a fan of remakes so I'm probably hard to please as well.  Anyway I wish the production good luck in finding the right person for the Nodame role.  They're mighty big shoes to fill.
2.  I'm loving Marriage Not Dating right now.  Han Groo is fantastic in her Joo Jang Mi role.  I was so happy for Yeon Woo Jin getting a break to play the lead in this drama, and so far he's doing a pretty good job.  HG and YWJ have a lot of chemistry together, and I'm so close to shipping them already. (Full stop!)  Anyway I'm all caught up till episode 4, and I think that Jang Mi and Gi Tae are polar opposites of each other that I can't wait for the day when his Yin and her Yang will come together as one.  
3.  I'm also enjoying Glorious Day which is a 50-episode weekend drama, and I don't know if I'm going to last all the way to the end (fingers crossed!).  The pacing of the plot is pretty fast, and the angst doesn't drag.  Lee Sang Woo is perfect in his Seo Jae Woo role.  I love the grandparents, and now I'm even loving In Woo as well.  I didn't like him in the beginning, but now I feel like he's a really awesome guy who genuinely cares about his older brother.  I laughed so hard in the car scene between Jae Woo and Uncle Gong Young when Jae Woo was teasing his uncle about having feelings for Writer Han.  The Uncle was another character which I didn't like in the beginning but one that I really enjoy now.  I'm looking forward to how they will develop the elderly romance.  
4.  I just finished watching the first episode of High School:  Love On, and Kim Sae Ron is adorable in the role of angel/reaper.  I can't believe she's only 13 years old (turning 14 by the end of the month).  At first I thought I would cringe knowing that her costars are in their early 20s, but I was surprised that I finished it without worry.  The only bummer here is that it only airs one episode per week every Fridays and that it's 20 episodes long.  How many will last five months to finish this drama?  I don't know whose bright idea this was over at KBS.  Maybe I should just wait for this to finish and then come back to watch it all in one go.  Sigh.....
5.  Speaking of remakes, I did enjoy the original Taiwanese version of Fated To Love You, and I attempted to watch the first episode of the Korean remake.  I think that Jang Nara really fits the role of Joe Chen because they resemble each other a lot.  JN makes a believable sticky note girl, and she doesn't seem to age at all.  The downside is that I think that Jang Hyuk was too old for the role of Ethan Ruan, and I was cringing at the overacting he was doing.  I mean Jang Hyuk can act, but I just think this role wasn't a fit for him at all.  This is just my personal take, so I hope no one gets offended especially fans of JH and FTLY.  I've completely dropped the drama after the first episode.

As usual, I've said a mouthful.  Hopefully this thread is the start of something good for all of us.  :)

1. I love Marriage, Not Dating. I think KT is already on his way into falling in love with JM. At first glance, this drama might look like a typical rom-com, but it just has more depths and layers to it.  It reminds me of a typical late 90s and early 2000s kdramas but with brighter colors, feistier female lead, everyone has been in relationships before so there's no first love crap going on, etc. I was surprised how straightforward the writers are in writing that Jang Mi has met her ex at hotels frequently. Normally other dramas shy away from this and want to keep their female leads all innocent. This is why I love TVN, there plots are always bolder than the 3 general broadcast stations.

And I am so shipping Han Groo and Yeon Woo Jin.  I need to stop so I don't go delulu like before for Jung Woo and Go Ara.  They are just so compatible appearance wise and based on off-camera, they click too.

2. Apparently Shim Eun Kyung is being pursue again for Nodame Cantible (Cantible Korean).  I really like Shim Eun Kyung and she is really a great actress for her age but I don't know how I feel about her taking the role.  Its not that she can't live up to the character, but I just think that since its her return to TVland from accomplishing so much in the BigScreenWorld, she should tackle something that is unique and not a remake.

3. I also find it odd that Kim Sae Ron is being paired with actors in their 20s.  I mean if she was at least 18, I don't think I would have a problem with it, but I guess its just a hump that I can't get over.

4. g.o.d released an MV for their newest song The Story of Our Lives and although I don't understand the lyrics, I just love it.  This mv reminds me of MVs in the late 90s and early 2000s. And there's no random english words or lines in this song.  I think g.o.d have their own rap style where it seems like they are reading a script with a little flow to it.  i dig.

5. Speaking of the mv, Seo Shin Ae is such such a talented child actor. looking forward to her making a dent in the k-ent world.

6. I'm really bummed that Jung Woo couldn't take part in the Youth Over Flowers.  And also Kim Sung Kyun. But I look forward to the bonding of the other three guys, Baro, Son Ho Joon, and Yoo Yeon Suk.

I guess I'm the type that always bad with points reply. I rant about everything in 1 para :)) I'll try.

1) MND finally I finished watching last weekend's episode. I like the pace of the drama but gosh I hate KT's mom. I hate her in Hotel King and I hate her here. Why she has to be the typical mom in law? I think it has been such a long time since kdrama features such mom in law but anyway...its understandable as KT had explained that because his mom wants to get rid of JM. Watching ep.4 where JM worked so had for the memorial service...I wonder if SA can do that..I mean she wants KT but im sure she cant even do half what JM can do in terms of house chores. JM seems like a family woman more. I never know SeonHwa can actually act. I like her..i remember 1st watching her during Invincible youth S1 back in 2010..but I hate her character here..she's again..the typical 2nd female lead haha

I have a lot to rant on MND..bear with me :)) I can see that KT is slowly falling for her...how i wish there's a twist here...can I have a drama where the female lead falls for the male lead 1st? Why its always guy falls for the girl 1st? I dont think this is the case in real life haha no, i mean nothing against my own species :)) but for once..i want the girl falls for the guy 1st..in kdrama the girl is always torn between the 1st n 2nd lead all the way till the very few last episodes :( cant they make up their mind earlier? In kdrama the girls will always try to be nice to the 2nd lead..doesn't want to hurt them...cant they just say no? I can see this happening between JM and YR in future..i rarely fall for 2nd male lead..and i can say NO to YR at all..there's something about him that I don't like...I dont know what it is...it just..I dont like him..haha

As I mentioned in my post above...i think the only drama that I fell for the 2nd lead...to date is only "Marry him if you dare" alone...but..if i watched Heirs (i didnt because...OMG hate me but i cant imagine myself watching a drama at least to me meant for high schooler to go gaga over the casts only *roll eyes* :)) ) ok..if i watched Heirs..i'll like WooBin character more..

2) I haven't watched High School, is it good? What genre is that?

I have so many dramas waiting to be watched..and since I only have weekend for me to watch drama..some have been abandon for few episodes already. For MND i forced to make some time tonight and fast forward on the not so important part.

3) @oldsoul haha I remember you told me about the weekend drama that you currently watch, I seriously wanna give up on weekend drama.. lol too long! I'll stop after hotel king..still have 4 more episodes to go...so after that..i can focus on watching weekday's dramas on my weekend :) good luck in finishing GD ;)

4) @reddy1 thanks for sharing G.O.D new MV here :) will watch it..maybe tomorrow (its midnight now here and if I didn't go to sleep now..i'll be a zombie in the office tomorrow) listening to them will really brings me back to Reply series..speaking of which..me also disappointed in JW cant participate in Youth over flower..but..if he got the time..will he join them? Read that he hates variety show since it makes him awkward and he did come out as awkward during happy together when in RL he's such a dork!

5) Does anyone here watching SeoInGuk's King of high school? I have it downloaded but never started watching until last nite I watched ep.3 on channel M and thought that it was quite ok..today (its a public holiday in my country) tried to marathon the series but only managed to watched up till 2nd ep. TvN drama still have an hour and 5 mins length for an episode when I noticed other drama has stopped at around 59 mins nowadays. Did anyone notice that as well? :)) such a petty thing i noticed haha

Shall hit the bed now. Good nite everyone;)

EDIT : @reddy1 on HK, its too makjang but i still watch it..you know..there's this button called fast forward :)) use that wisely hahaha few 1st episode i really watched it without skipping..but after that i started to skip. Nowadays the episodes are getting better..after the 20th ep should be ok already. And the chemistry, one word, PERFECT! Watching all the BTS...i wish they really end up together in RL

For a drama where there's 2 leads..and the 2nd lead is an angel...as i mentioned...the girl always torn between the 2 guys..maybe it just me..but i really wanna see something different..like make up ur mind earlier and stop giving hope to the 2nd guy..

Oh ya...i forgot to mention that im also watching trot lovers which i think...ive fallen for the 2nd lead haha

@reddy1, thanks for opening this thread. At least there's no "off-topic" here, regardless whatever we want to rant :)

Love all you guys' posts, want to say something back, but dont know where to begin. Please excuse if I happen to commit any stupid grammar or vocabulary mistake :D

1. I want to say Im not a fan of remake too, but ya know, back to BOF days I was one of those crazy fangirls who had waited impatiently for new episodes every week, thanks to Kim Bum and Kim So Eun :)) So I conclude that Im just a fan if the remake has actors that I love to watch (Kim Hyun Joong for example, I swear I survived through Playful Kiss just because I liked seeing him, even though he was so stiff, hehe). For Nodame remake, well, honestly I know Joo Won is a decent actor but dont love him enough to watch anything just for him, I may check this remake but its mainly because Im curious about the whole orchestra and the music. That's why I dont have any interest in who will be K-Nodame, any girl is okay, no idea about who should or should not play the role.

2. So High School: Love On is kinda good? I dont intend to watch it but perhaps its suitable for my younger cousins (for months they kept asking me if there's something to watch ^^). Oh, such child actresses as Kim Yoo Jung, Kim So Hyun, Jin Ji Hee, Seo Shin Ae, Kim Sae Ron... are growing up so fast, if I didnt know about their ages I might want them to pair up with the flower oppas who are in their 20s already =))

3. About airing dramas...
- Fated To Love You: I tried many times but not sure why I've never finished the original Taiwanese version (though I know how it ended), but Im really enjoying 2Jangs' interaction and chemistry here. Actually, mainly Jang Na Ra (how in the world she even looks MUCH younger in here than in Baby-faced Beauty :-O and I just noticed that I did watch almost all her dramas (except her C-dramas) ^^). However, no lingering feelings after I finished every ep. Speaking of Taiwanese dramas, not sure why I dropped FTLY (perhaps both Joe and Ethan are just not my type? Apparently, I didnt enjoy Prince Turns To Frog as much as many people did), but I really love another T-drama that was aired the same year with it - Autumn's Concerto :D
- Trot Lovers: Im still watching it, but seems like I can drop it anytime. Its not because I favour Geun Woo and know that there's no way he will end up with Chun Hee, its just... there's something off to me. I was expecting for more music but the show turns out not being much about music, so Im a little disapointed. For ex., heard that Joon Hyun is a genius songwriter-singer, but I see nothing in him besides a fallen star changing his career into... a manager @@ And his former manager (played by our Hae Tae - Son Ho Joon), sorry but what the heck is he doing here T_T (BTW, I havent watched this week's eps)
- Joseon Gunman: Kudos to the director(s) and cinematographer(s), show is... just painfully BEAUTIFUL. Though I havent yet emotionally connected with it as of now, its definitely one of better dramas this year.
- MND... cant say anything since I havent watched ep 3 and 4 :(( Last weekend I was busy... marathoning a new C-drama named Boss And Me :)) OMG, Boss And Me is just so sweet that... it may not be good for my teeth =)) Yes, show is a little silly but its too cute for words ^^

welcome @Luna and @Porcelain_Baby!!!

Random questions to gauge potential dramas/movies to watch

1. First ever kdrama and movie?
     Me: Mr Duke (2000 drama) and My Sassy Girl (movie)

2. What's your all time favorite drama(s) in each decade?
      Me: 1990s - Happy Together
              2000s - Glass Slippers, Winter Sonata (lol, but hey i was crazy about BYJ back then), My Girl, My 19 Yr Old Sister-in-Law
              2010s - 2 outs in the 9th Innings, My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, Reply 1994, Queen In Hyun

3. Crack dramas?
       Me: Boys Over Flowers, Reply 1997, History of a Salaryman

Guest old soul

Hi @Luna and @Porcelain_Baby! Welcome!! Glad you both found your way here.

@kaykafisyah and @reddy1, I am so confused now if it's usually the girl or the guy who falls in love first. In AM 94, it was the girl, whereas in AM 97 it was the guy.

Sometimes it's just a matter of who realizes their feelings first. The feelings may already be there, but the person might not be aware of it yet. I think this was how it was with both AM 94 and 97. It just took Trash Oppa and Shi-won a while to realize their feelings, but the feelings were already there from a viewer's point of view.

I think the same can be said with Nine: Time Travel Nine Times which I watched just recently (I know I'm way behind).

As to Marriage Not Dating, what's nice is that we can see the feelings developing on both sides, but neither has realized or acknowledged it yet. Shall we make a bet on who's going to admit their feelings first? Gi Tae or Jang Mi?

1. First k-drama: Full House

2. First k-movie: My Sassy Girl

3. Favorite 90's drama: none (I haven't seen one I think)

4. Favorite 2000's drama: My Girl, Delightful Girl Chun-hyang, Dalja's Spring, The Snow Queen

5. Favorite 2010s drama: Answer Me 1994, Nine: Time Travel Nine Times, Sungkyunkwan Scandal, Dream High

6. Crack dramas: Goong (Princess Hours), Boys Over Flowers, Answer Me 1997

7. Favorite k-movie: The Classic

I thought I'd add in that last category (#7) since we listed our favorite dramas, so I also listed favorite movie(s).

Looking at the list, I just realized that my crack dramas don't withstand the test of time. Nowadays except maybe for Answer Me 1997, I haven't bothered watching them again. And I don't understand why I was so into them at the time. Haha!

@Luna, I heard so much good stuff about Joseon Gunman but somehow don't seem to have the urge to watch it. Maybe I'll pick it up once it's completed and assured that it was nice throughout.

And, yes, High School: Love On is nice and cute. I think your cousins will enjoy them. I just don't know if they'll wait that long to finish a drama.

idk, i'm always a sucker for the guy falling for the girl first, but it seems like in MND both are falling for each other but not realizing it yet. i mean JM is a pleaser so I think it seem reasonable when she did her best for the memorial day although GT told her to half-richard simmons about everything. But what makes me think that she has fallen for him is at the end of the episode when she says that she's very very worry about GT eventhough he treats her poorly.  As for GT, i think the scene that speaks volume is the after effect of JM's erosion during memorial dinner. If you recall in ep 3, when he yelled at her at the hospital and she walked away, he didn't hold her back. Same thing in ep 1, he never had regretful eyes, but in ep 4, he called after her when she left. i can't wait until they get all lovey dovey with each other. 

While we are on this topic, can I say that they have 2 leads and 4 supporting characters. Can they give the secondary characters more screen time.  Like i have no feelings for any of them now, except for side eye JM's ex because he's just a jerk. Like there's argument that I love my OTP but I want to have a tingling undecisiveness for who to get the girl.  And you can tell that Han Groo and Yeon Woo Jin are looking tired because they make up like 95% of the scenes.

btw this is kinda hard talking about current dramas without spoiling for newbies, so lets say spoilers only apply to endings, people dying, the criminal, etc

oh this is for Lee Jin Wook "cough @oldsoul cough" fans out there. Here are the previews for his upcoming drama.  Young Hwa is in it so I'm a bit concern. He's serviceable as an actor, but I'm not overwhelmed by his acting yet, but he is making a positive stride though.  And 1 thing I like about him is that he's accepting supporting roles instead of leading roles.  I hate it when idols just jump right into being the leads and producers agree to it because of "overseas exporting potential."

Speaking of idols being leads, i think more culprits are female idols than male idols. Is there like a shortage of young female actors and that's why we always see the same faces???

Guest old soul

Ahem, thanks for that teaser, @reddy1! I was never all that about Lee Jin Wook till I watched Nine. But now I'm excited to watch any of his future projects. The only other project of his I've seen was Spy Myung Wol which turned out to be a disaster.

As for Jung Yong Hwa, I've seen him in You're Beautiful, Heart Strings and Marry Him If You Dare. And the only thing I can say about his acting is that he sure is taking baby steps in terms of growth, but at least that's a positive sign. He probably has more fangirls than LJW, but I'd probably think (at first glance) that LJW is playing first lead and JYH second.

You make a good point about his accepting supporting roles which is great because he at least knows his limitations. I'm also hoping to see more improvements in this next project for him.

You know you might be right in that there are more unsuccessful female idols when it comes to acting than there are males. Most of the talented actresses are mature in terms of age. Or maybe the talent comes with age? LOL

Whoa! What we have here, so many posts that i have missed out..last i checked yesterday morning and no new post yet. Ermm, i would like to answer @reddy1 query on the dramas 1st;

1st kdrama - Winter sonata (2002) OMG i was soooo crazy over WS last time..i even had dream on BYJ & CJW! :)) Reaching school everyday and the first thing we talked about at school was WS (I was 16 at that time) not only with fellow classmates but also with my favorite teacher! (WS was shown on our local TV around june? Or aug? 2002)

1st kmovie - i cant really recall... maybe my sassy girl as well

Favorite 90's drama - I watched too many till I dont know if I got any favorite at all (After WS, our local channels here keep on airing kdrama, like every channel was competing for it..most of it late 90's drama..)

Favorite 2000's - winter sonata has to be one of them of course, this is like my first love :)) all time favorite tho when i watched it again now, ill be laughing looking at their makeup. Full house, My girl, Goong, stained glass (leedonggun and kimhaneul tho i hate the open ending, wasting 20hrs of my life) , Secret (my favorite ajussi KimMinJeong and kimhaneul - i shipped them till today, oh in this drama KMJ was actually the 2nd lead and Ryusiwon was the 1st lead but KMJ got the girl in the end, power of audience and yes his character was much more likeable than RSW's), Guardian Angel (KMJ and Songhyegyo)

2010's InHyun's man, nice guy, ojakgyo brothers! (Haha im excited, my all time fav for family drama), can you hear my heart, reply series of course, maybe few more that i cant really recall now..but i know i have more lol

I agree with @reddy1 that JM at the end of ep.4 when she's saying she was worried for KT kind of a sign that she started to have feelings towards him..but this not gonna be easy since YR is there..i think..YR is kinda bold as well and he the type that will pursue what he wants till he get it...i hate such 2nd lead! And i can see JM going confuse with her own feeling...i dont like this so please dont go towards that direction..Unlike you..i wanna see the girl falls for him 1st...on who's gonna confess 1st...I bet on KT...i don't know...maybe that's how kdramas work? Here is the scenario; KT is mad seeing JM with YR, he drags her to the parking lot..scolds her, she retaliates, anger him more and he kisses her, confesses he likes her :)) please dont let this happen or it will be too cliche :)

Yonghwa in saeguk? Im a fan of CNB but not really a fan of actor YH, but been watching all his drama and the latest is Mirae's choice..i can actually said that he has improved, quite a lot compared to YAB days, in YAB, his acting was a face palm moment for me, so stiff and awkward! Haha but im no fan of saeguk..I dont know if i ever gonna watch it or not..fantasy saeguk that i've watched..to name a few..SKKS, can Inhyun be considered as saeguk as well? Haha ermmm what else? Arang and the magistrate, which i didn't really finish because...i think i was scared of the witch lol

What I noticed is that not only female actress but i think overall, Korea is lacking in young talents nowadays, maybe that's why they end up having idols?

Actually..i've never watched Nodame before, I don't really know who's gonna suit the roll best so nothing much i can comment..but if they want me to watch, better have good leads (as if my opinion matters in deciding the ratings :)) )

1. Marriage, not dating - I am loving it. It is just laugh out loud funny. The only regret is that I have to wait each week for the next two episodes to come out.
2. Trot Lovers - After QIHM, I feel in love with Ji Hyun woo, but his character in this is of putting to me. I am hoping the drama will get better.
3. Joseon Gun Man - I watched the first episode but for some reason I was not interested continuing. I've watched a drama previously of the main lead actor and I                               felt like he overacted for some parts. May be I should continue and I will understand why so many people find him attractive.

@jly31 welcome to the thread! On behalf of the topic starter, i wish nothing but a warm stay here :)) please do come over frequently, if u are like us, which, we like to talk about everyKent only in 1 thread, this is the place, don't worry you can talk about anything on KEnt and we wont give u an off topic button ;)

On MND, that's how mini (as what Korean categorized it) series works ever since I started watching kdrama..only 2 episodes/week..we understand..coz thats how we feel also..but im a bit glad mainly because..i dont have time to watch drama on weekdays and weekend is the only time i have but i have 4-5 dramas waiting haha

I know right! I love JHW in InHyun but yeah...i kinda hate his character in TL..

I havent watched Gunman but @Luna gave such a good review..maybe I should give it a try..the only problem is..its a saeguk...no TV..no handphone and no internet in kdramaland..not so fun to me :)) *hi-5 luna, we're both a Seoulmate shipper* i watched BOF last time just for them!

I was reading something on twitter and he/she was discussing the kiss on a recent ep of Trot Lover and saying that it was bad?  Was it off-putting as the one in Heirs???

how is Eunji doing on that show?

I do intend to watch Gunman because of my love for Jun Ki. This guy has grown since My Girl.  I think he did like a complete transformation after his military service. He acts so much with his eyes now. Haha speaking of My Girl, remember his hair style back then. Well thinking about it, most idols had similar style.

@jly31, LJK does have a tendency to overact a bit in the beginning, but i think once he hones into his character, the tones it down a bit and really lives the character. well i haven't really watched Gunman so I can't speak on his performance in that but he kinda overacted at the beginning of Arang and Two Weeks but then was completely awesome as the drama progressed.

I mean compare this

my%2Bgirl%2B62.png

to this
two-weeks22222.jpg?w=660
cr google and rightful owners.

speaking of which, i've noticed that recent actors don't have ear piercings anymore.  i remember watching many dramas in the early 2000s where male leads have piercings and they were noticeable when the camera does close up shots.

@erinaz and @andjani-  I see that you guys have dropped by. I miss you both. I especially miss @erinaz and her crazy gifs. haha

@kaykafisyah, I wonder what kind of good review I have given LOL. I havent yet said anything about Joseon Gunman, except it's... beautiful :)) The scenery, the camera angle, the cinematography, the hanboks, the accessories, and... Lee Jun Ki, everything just so beautiful :x

For Joseon Gunman, quality is surely there (esp. the production) but plot wise... Im still not much into it. Somehow I can understand why it cant hasnt get high rating as Kim PD's previous work (which is The Princess's Man), its kinda lack of anticipation IMO (maybe it's just that I was so biased TPM ;))  ). But I will definitely stick with it till the end, even if it's just for the embroidery on the ladies' gorgeous hanboks, I used to think that sageuk means no PPL before but then I realized those Hanboks and accessories are also other kinds of PPL too ^^

Edit - Ive just read the news about MH17 :( Such a hard year for Malaysian airway. Sympathy and prayers for all passengers' family :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@reddy1

My first Kdrama?
Around mid-90s, my local TV started broadcasting so many Kdramas that I couldnt remember which one I watched first. Was it Star In My Heart? Or General Hospital? Some like Feelings and Last Match was around that time too, though I didnt watch them. But if I have to choose one as my first Kdrama crack, then its none other than Medical Brothers - Jesus, I even remember the exact time of its first on-air at my country, World Cup France 1998. My older sister who was a big big big fan of Ronaldo Nazario, cried hard that football season, first because of the sad ending of Medical Brothers, later because Brazil was lost in the final match =))

Kmovies? I dont usually watch Kmovies but Daisy was the first Kmovie I watched at the cinema, and sure, The Classic is my fav too (not Jo In Sung though ^^)

Favourite Kdrama?

== 90s-2000s dramas :| Im checking my dramalist but... its hard, so hard, too hard to choose T_T Just name some I caught on TV: Sunflower (medical drama, male lead ended up with second female lead, haha), Loving You (student falling in love with her teacher, watched it in first year of high school (few years behind its first broadcast at Korea) and I swear every girl in my class loved it LOL), Autumn Tale (of course :)) ) ---> these are some I had loved from my younger days and still enjoyed rewatching when getting older.

Yeah, Winter Sonata must definitely be in EVERYONE's list =)) I used to love it, but the older I get the less I enjoy it, now I dont even want to rewatch it AT ALL. Speaking of Yon-sama dramas, my most favourite is Hotelier (sorry but this Hotelier make Hotel King something like... crap T_T)

Goong was the first drama I downloaded from internet, it's really memorable (from my avie, you can see how much I loved it ^^). About Yoon Eun Hye, I know many love her in Coffee Prince, but I dont know why I enjoyed The Vineyard Man more.

Hmm... from my dramalist, seem like I watched too much dramas in 2004-2010, cant recall which I enjoyed more :))

== Recent dramas ;) Dream High and TPM for 2011, R1997 for 2012, and of course R1994 for 2013 :x

By the way, I really enjoy sageuks but I dont have enough patience for following such 50+ eps long dramas online, so I mainly watch them on TV. There are some I really love but not enough to drive me crazy and turn my daily life into a mess =)) My pick for best sageuk ever, Sangdo.

Is there anything else? :))

P.S, I have nothing to say about male and female idols, but I really like Ham Eun Jung (T-ara) - I think she can be a decent actress, but too bad that scandal affected her so much >_< One more thing, which category can I list Jang Geun Suk in? You know, he started as a kinda good actor but Im clueless about what he is now ~X(

Guest old soul

Hi @andjani and @erinaz!   :-h Hope to see more of you both on this thread.  
Welcome, @jly31!  :) Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Anyway has anyone watched our dear Go Ara's drama You're All Surrounded?  I think the final episode just aired.  The plot didn't appeal to me somewhat although the main cast was likable.  I want to hear your thoughts because I just might pick it up someday if it's really worth the trouble.  
@Luna, so from what I gather Joseon Gunman is all kinds of pretty but not enough substance.  Did I get this right?  Anyway I'll wait for your full drama review once it's done before I decide if I should even give it a try.  Maybe I should just give Two Weeks a shot since I've heard so much good feedback about this.
As for Jang Geun Seuk, I'd characterize him as an actor who wants to be an idol?  LOL  Kidding aside, I think he's one actor who has a lot of potential but seems to act out the same familiar character.  I think this is probably the same with Yoon Eun Hye.  I can't exactly fully explain in words what I'm trying to say, but when I watch both of them it's pretty much the same identity in a different setting project after project.  I think they need to challenge themselves to widen their range. Btw, you sure have an impressive list of dramas watched and rated.  :-bd
Ooh, I loved Queen In Hyun's Man, too! This was another drama I watched long after it finished airing. I noticed that I've been watching and enjoying more cable dramas this year especially those from tvN.  They just know how to put together dramas.  They aren't all fantastic but they're entertaining enough to keep me watching till the end.
As for MND, like @kaykafisyah, I think it'll be Ki Tae who will realize his feelings first because he only has his pride and boundaries to overcome.  Jang Mi's too confused right now with her giddiness over Yeo Rum's attentiveness.  I just don't understand her being so heartbroken, but she was so easily swayed by YR's actions.  I would have thought that since she had just had her heart crushed that she would be cautious of any advances from the opposite gender.  It just might mean that what she felt for Hoon Dong was not as deep as she thought it was so he actually did her favor by avoiding a marriage that was doomed to begin with.  Like you guys said, she might be in love with love instead of the person himself.  
I think she needs to learn to love herself a little more before she can be ready to love somebody else.  Her constant need to receive love (affection) from others because she doesn't want to end up alone or in a loveless marriage like that of her parents shouldn't be her motivation for finding love.  She falls for the same thing over again, like when HD gives his shoes for her to wear when her feet were so tired out from standing at work and when YR gives her her missing shoe after the scene by the pool when she pulls out HD.  Same scenario but different guys, and she's smitten both times.  I think she needs to wait for that one guy (please let it be KT!) who will not only give her a shoe but who will instead give her his heart.  Maybe then it just might be love.  

Archived