How to emulate YG trainee Jennie Kim's Hair? [Pic Heavy]

Guest dreamy21

Guest dreamy21

I've been eyeing the way YG trainee, Jennie Kim has her hair. I went to the salon showed the stylist some pictures. She bleached a thin under layer of the back of my hair. I was not happy because it wasn't at all apparent and the stylist left it bright orange lol. I've decided to dye more of it but im not exactly sure where i should start and how much of my hair i should take. I'm especially stuck on figuring out the sides of the hairstyle. If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful !!
(Took some youtube screen caps)

0c0d968423.jpg

97a3a44932.jpg
e461f54590.jpg

9c357285c4.jpg

597653bb46.jpg
6976ae5f8d.jpg
758bc2b8e0.jpg
3587cd081a.jpg
fbcc510675.jpg
5913f310ce.jpg
950420095f.jpg

The type style is called "peek-a-boo highlight". How much you should bleach depends on how thick your hair is and how much you want done. Since you want it to be more noticeable, horizontally split your hair into 4/5 parts and dye 1/4 or 1/5 of the VERY BOTTOM layer. I would definitely recommend getting a professional hairstylist to do it for you because the process of bleaching and toning it is tedious. Doing it yourself may lead to splotches of bleach. 

Guest MissMay1430292204

I agree with neko ^^^ I bleached my hair myself once and my hair was extremely damaged. Bleached it again at the salon and my hair was fine. =D
If you'd like to get this look without the bleach etc, you can look into a platinum blonde clip on hair piece or more permanent extensions (tape, micro beads etc).

Archived