Kesha talks about eating disorder: 'My songs began to feel like lies'

sugarplum892

Kesha talks about eating disorder: 'My songs began to feel like lies'
Kesha has spoken about her eating disorder and her stint in rehab.
The 'Tik Tok' singer wrote an essay for Elle magazine explaining how her two-month stay helped her to recover from bulimia.
Ke$ha

"The music industry has set unrealistic expectations for what a body is supposed to look like, and I started becoming overly critical of my own body because of that," Kesha writes. 
"I felt like people were always lurking, trying to take pictures of me with the intention of putting them up opine or printing them in magazines and making me look terrible."
Kesha admitted that empowering songs such as 'We R Who We R' started to feel like lies.
"I felt like a liar, telling people to love themselves as they are, while I was being hateful to myself and really hurting my body," she continued. 
"I wanted to control things that weren't in my power, but I was controlling the wrong things. I convinced myself that being sick, being skinny was part of my job. It felt safer somehow."
She also dismissed rumors that her eating disorder was a cover-up for a drug addiction.

Ke$ha at the American Music Awards at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on Sunday, Nov. 24, 2013, in Los Angeles

"I've written songs about partying, but my dirty little secret is that I'm actually incredibly responsible. 
"I take my music and career very seriously, and certainly didn't land in this situation from partying. 
"But I was cut off from the outside world and I imagined people making up stories at a time when what I really needed was support," she added.
Kesha recently said that she was ready to take her life by the horns after checking out of rehab.
Watch Kesha's music video for 'C'Mon' below:

Source

• 2 weeks later...

Archived