Sleeping in class

karaxi

Anyone got caught sleeping in class before? what happened? any embarrassing/funny/interesting stories?
Personally school really stressed me out and being anemic, I can pretty much fall asleep anywhere, bus, a bench outside you name it. Some of my professors remember my name because I fall asleep in class many times (embarrassing i know) you would think it's bad but i was able to use my sleepiness as an advantage and I have gotten many academic references because my professors were able to remember me LOL. yes i sleep but i was still a good student :P

My picture usually gets snapped and later posted on social media. Happened way to often that I dont care anymore
I usually sleep with my mouth open, so its common to see pics of me sleeping with long objects drawn stuffed inside my mouth.

I've done it a few times, but onnnnly for the super boring classes with professors that regurgitate the textbook @@
My friend had it bad last year, he fell asleep in the front row of the class and slipped out of his seat with his desk attached making a huge thud xD

Guest emthecreator

In high school, I slept through 50% of my classes (even band) But the teachers all knew that I had my work done so they would just let me sleep. Now in college, I prefer not waking up to waking up just to fall asleep in class.

Guest glamazon21

All the time, in high school I always slept during math and accounting lessons but then I'd just wake up and do the work correctly afterwards. My teachers never cared because I was still getting good marks and I was usually tired because I was up late doing projects or homework. Moved onto University and I still sleep (sometimes) but I usually just go to the library to catch some sleep. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest sanjanas

Whenever I feel sleepy, I always try to sit behind someone else taller than me. I'm pretty short too and lecture rooms have over 100 people so the lecturer never notices me when I fall asleep :P

Guest nobody knows

uhh during my first semester of studying jewellery design, I was really ambitious and took 12 classes
i'd have back to back classes, the second half of the week was especially tough where i'd have night class Wednesday, 8am - 10pm Thursday, and 8am Friday .. plus I commute, so i'd leave/get home a lot earlier than that too

so my last class of the week, Friday afternoon .. it was hard to stay awake. I was lacking sleep and my energy levels were running low, and it was a liberal arts class and sitting in one spot for 3 hours is difficult for me
I sat in front thinking it'd prevent me from sleeping, but I fell asleep in front of the prof and all my friends were giggling and wanted to wake me up

and prof took pity on me and said, "if she's so tired that she falls asleep right in front of me, just let her sleep, don't wake her up"

T_T sorry ... it went on for quite a bit too .. but my essays were really good and i always did the work and participated when i was awake so I did well in class anyway ahahhahaha

• 4 weeks later...
Guest williamhernandez

It may be because you are not getting sufficient sleep at night or you feel more tired  after any work, there can be a serious problem because of this you should consult with your docter.

• 2 weeks later...

williamhernandez said: It may be because you are not getting sufficient sleep at night or you feel more tired  after any work, there can be a serious problem because of this you should consult with your docter.

Guest frnknstn

nobody knows said: uhh during my first semester of studying jewellery design, I was really ambitious and took 12 classes
i'd have back to back classes, the second half of the week was especially tough where i'd have night class Wednesday, 8am - 10pm Thursday, and 8am Friday .. plus I commute, so i'd leave/get home a lot earlier than that too

so my last class of the week, Friday afternoon .. it was hard to stay awake. I was lacking sleep and my energy levels were running low, and it was a liberal arts class and sitting in one spot for 3 hours is difficult for me
I sat in front thinking it'd prevent me from sleeping, but I fell asleep in front of the prof and all my friends were giggling and wanted to wake me up

and prof took pity on me and said, "if she's so tired that she falls asleep right in front of me, just let her sleep, don't wake her up"

T_T sorry ... it went on for quite a bit too .. but my essays were really good and i always did the work and participated when i was awake so I did well in class anyway ahahhahaha

Guest fangirl.junho_717b

I mastered that while in high school! I got caught several times but anything happened, the teachers didn't mind students sleeping during their classes. Though in college i never sleep in classes.

Archived