Where to sell camera for best price????

IreneSuhwon93

Hi everyone. I have a camera I would like to sell in order to get a better one. But the thing is, I'm still a noob when it comes to this and I have no idea where to sell it. I just got off the phone with a pawn shop employee and he said he could give me $100....
ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS???!!! No buddy, I was looking more of the $400 and up range -_-

So does anyone have any places or know of any websites they personally or at least heard of good things?

Here's my baby...
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-XS-18-55mm-3-5-5-6-Black/dp/B001CBKJGG
id="title" class="a-size-large a-spacing-none"41yfIc%2B7vAL.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest tokyojr

First of all, nice camera.Second of all, don't go to pawn shops, they will try to get it for the cheapest price from you and sell it back to someone else for way more money! That's how they profit! Just like selling a car or a house, it's convenient to go to dealers or real estate brokers to help you sell your things. But they are only the middleman. What this means is that they will try to profit. If you sell a car through a dealer, they will buy it for cheap and sell it for more. If you sell through a real estate agent, they will take whatever percent from your sale. So if your house is sold at $500,000 and he demands 5% comission, he get's $25,000. What you want to do when you sell your camera is to cut out the middleman. DO NOT GO TO THE PAWN SHOP. What you do is go to your local classifieds website. It's basically a free market for locals to go on and sell/buy things. A local eBay, you might call it. Check if your area has a Kijiji. (E.g. if you live in Toronto, Canada, Google "Toronto Kijiji"). From there. you can post your camera for sale. Don't forget to add pictures! (This will increase your chances of selling it.). Another reputable website is craigslist. Check if your city has a craigslist, and don't forget to provide photos when you list your camera. Check other people's listings for this exact camera on Kijiji/Craigslist. This will show how much other people are selling it for. If people are selling it for $300 on Kijiji or Craigslist, then you should also sell it for $300 or $320... Do not sell it for $400 if everybody else is selling it for $300 because then nobody will buy your camera because people can find better deals on the exact same camera. So always sell around the price that other people are selling for. You should get a call or text from someone interested in your camera within a few days. (Sometimes it takes a day, sometimes it takes a week). They will try to bargain with you, and it's up to you if you want to sell it at lower than listing price. Try not to sell online like on eBay, it's just too much of a hassle. You will have to pack it and ship it (which costs a lot of money), and if the customer isn't satisfied they have to ship it back and it takes a long time and it's a stressful process.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me :) ! Hope you sell your camera for the money that you deserve! Edit : Just noticed that your post is from awhile back. Did you sell it yet?

• 2 months later...
Guest RogerSanchez

You can sell your camera in different online site who are buying the old things in reasonable cost. I know you really got profit after selling the camera over online shopping website.

Archived