Opinions on BLONDE ASIANS

IreneSuhwon93

So I did a thing...my hair is orange AT THE MOMENT, but soon it will be blonde. I just have to take care of the health of my hair so that I can go ahead and make it lighter.
I love experimenting with my haircut and hair colors so it was inevitable that I went lighter, ALOT lighter.
I understand that Asians aren't born with blonde hair... but what I do NOT understand is why people like to point it out. Life's too short to stick to Natural colors...
So I was wondering if you guys would OR have ever gone blonde yourselves! I wanna see pictures!
And what were people's reactions to your hair if you did go blonde. For me it was a bit of a shock but now I look in the mirror and I don't see anything weird about it. I like it and so do my friends!
I filmed a video as well on me bleaching my hair if anyone's interested in watching the trainwreck =D

Guest rosewater

I am a light brown / "blonde" Asian. :)When I went super blond (on accident), people always asked if I was Japanese LOL. I got the most compliments, almost daily, when I dyed my hair a cool red with pure henna. But I prefer cooler, ashier shade so I am light brown now!

I personally think that hair color is just color, it doesn't matter if you're Asian. The trick is to find the right shade in order to make the blond look good on you. A lot of Asians have cool-toned skin, thus an ashier shade of blonde fits most of us better than golden/warm tones. The reason why people get put off when they hear "blonde Asian" is because a lot of Asians who try to go blond end up with brassy hair that clashes with their skin tone.
Asians with warm-toned skin go great with honey blonde tones. :)

Guest soiwaslikeya

I've bleached my hair platinum blonde and snow white, i mean if it looks good and you can pull it off by all means, go for it

Guest glamazon21

Love love love blonde on Asians, just werk it and everything is good. Life can't be spent worrying about what other people think and if you really like it do it! Personally I would probably never do it because I don't want the upkeep but I think when its the right shade it looks so good :)

Guest hushed_secrets

I agree, blonde looks good on those who can pull it off.
A lot of kpop stars have done it in recent years (SNSD's Hyoyeon comes to mind) and they look fab!
Personally, though, I like blonde on the girls more than the Asian boys.

Best wishes for a successful bleaching process! ^_^

Guest kathy123

Nice information about bleaching hairs and looking blonde. I found it very useful and amazing too. I think bleaching may cause some hair loss, isn't it? 

Guest minjjangxx1846

IMO it fits better with Asians that have more Western-ish features, like Jessica and Hyoyeon, but obviously some people can pull it off even if they don't have Westernized features. For example, though, I think Onew would look a bit strange with blonde hair, I prefer him with brown/black hair. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest calendar

My friend just got her hair dyed blonde when she was in Taiwan. It's, like, Jessica from SNSD's in Genie, and it looks AMAZING... Now I want to dye my hair blonde... ^^

Guest madbrows

Some Asians look better with blonde hair than they do with their natural hair color. No homo, but the best example I can think of right now would be Ukiss's Kevin during Man Man Ha Ni promotions, the guy looks like a straight up G with that blonde hair. Throw black hair on him? He won't look as good.

Guest kiki_725

I guess if you are quite pale going lighter would help lift your skin colour and make you look less pale. Tbh I think that hair is just hair. It grows we cut it and we should be able to do whatever we want with it. If you want to be blonde go for it! I am sure there are a lot of people who would love to be blonde but are too scared to dye their hair - they shouldn't be though. Worse case situation you re-dye it (i've done that A LOT).

Don't get to 50 regret not going blonde! ;)

kiki_725 said: I guess if you are quite pale going lighter would help lift your skin colour and make you look less pale. Tbh I think that hair is just hair. It grows we cut it and we should be able to do whatever we want with it. If you want to be blonde go for it! I am sure there are a lot of people who would love to be blonde but are too scared to dye their hair - they shouldn't be though. Worse case situation you re-dye it (i've done that A LOT).

Don't get to 50 regret not going blonde! ;)

Guest Tofu_Cloud

Exo's hair always looks damn good.....

hair3.pngtumblr_mfx5tpoBUP1qhmxnlo1_1280.jpgtumblr_mwut19Inpz1s480o4o2_500.jpga226c8222373dfacbd1e4afede8fe6d3.jpg

My point is.... ALWAYS GET IT  PROFESSIONALLY DONE PLEASEE

Gah, same here! I've always wanted to go blonde. The only problem for me is maintenance (retouching the roots, lightening eyebrows). But seeing this post makes me wanna try it lol. . . I've never had my hair dyed before. For the first time should I give it a go and try to dye it myself or get it professionally done?
But yeah, I have no problem with Asians going blonde. In fact I think I'm attracted to blonde hair, haha.

Archived