First drama you watched, and your reactions

Guest adele73

Guest adele73

Hello!
I would like to know what was the first drama you watch, and what did you think of it.
For me, the first drama was A gentleman dignity. I remember being so surprised when Seo Yi-Soo was so ashamed when half of her red dress stripped up. I remember thinking "man-up girl!  you have a white underskirt, just go and buy something to cover yourself on your own! "

Guest marie007

My first drama was a japanese drama Hanazakari no kimitachi.I liked it so much that I immediately became a fan. It was funny and cute. My first korean drama was My Girl. I just loved the first 7 episodes but then it became too nianiania borring and long but I didn't give up on korean dramas and watched some others. When I saw ILJIMAE I felt in love. It was just AWSOME !!!

I can't remember the first few dramas I've watched because it's in Filipino and Spanish, and I was so young back then.
But one of the first Asian dramas I really paid attention to was Meteor Garden (2001), it's a Taiwanese drama based on the Japanese Shojou Manga, Hana Yori Dango. I really hate school-life type of drama but I actually like the story and the cast used to be a popular band in Taiwan. The soundtrack is great too. Even after 13 years, it's still the most popular Asian drama in the Philippines.
For Kdrama, the first one I saw was Autumn in my Heart (2000), and until now it is still my most favorite Korean Drama. It's really sad and I'm a sucker for sad stories. This is where I saw my first Korean celebrity crush, Won Bin. :x

Guest hapsensnaps

I watched Boys over Flowers, I think. I couldn't even finish the drama because I felt SO embarrassed as a result of the leading lady's persona. Oh how I dislike that whole "women are oblivious to everything and need to be protected in every aspect". Oh nooo.. I got over it tho, but I still hate how there's always an evil mom sabotaging everything, mainly because of money. It makes me feel sad. That's why I've never finished a drama actually eehhhehehe ~ 

Guest daebak1

@hapsensnaps
I feel you ._. I tried to watch the drama like 3x because of all the hype but I couldn't get myself to watch pass episode 4. It was just BEYOND corny and the main actress's acting was so annoying ( I liked her in Angel Eyes). 

Guest Narda

My initial thoughts on watching a kdrama was ..."aren't they all sad love stories?"Then I actually gave it a try because I was curious why people were addicted to such.Two romcoms and I was hooked. Thinking about my first experience though, I think I complained that I had to read subtitles 'cause back in my hometown, they were dubbed in my native language.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember what was the first Kdrama I watched. I do remember I stopped for a while and then watched "Queen In-hyun's Man" and that got me all obsessed with Kdrama. I was absolutely in love with the whole drama and even forced my husband to rewatch it with me again.

• 1 month later...
Guest adele73

I can relate to Boys over flowers. It was mesmerizing (in a very weird way, where i could not stop watching). My boyfriend watched with me, and became quite addicted too, but then, he refused to watch any other ones ! haha

Guest vampedia

My first Korean drama was Autumn In My Heart.I remember my reaction was like weird in a bad way.It was such a depressing drama, it just made me feel disturbed.I can tell you that watching that was worst experience for me.

my first drama wa delightful girl chun hyang

i liked the story in the start but then the second leads got so annoyingly meddling that i dropped it around ep 10. then i watched you're beautiful and absolutely fell in love with it

Guest moneyspills

I watched Boys over Flowers, I think. I couldn't even finish the drama because I felt SO embarrassed as a result of the leading lady's persona. Oh how I dislike that whole "women are oblivious to everything and need to be protected in every aspect". Oh nooo.. I got over it tho, but I still hate how there's always an evil mom sabotaging everything, mainly because of money. It makes me feel sad. That's why I've never finished a drama actually eehhhehehe ~ It's on youtube:

Guest yeonjiii

I think it was Autumn in My Heart but the one I remember watching intently was Stairway to Heaven. I cried a river T.T

• 2 weeks later...

First KDrama was Lie To Me. It was on Netflix. It was a long weekend with rainy cold weather and wanted to try something new. It was a curious experience...I couldn't understand why nobody made a big deal about passing out drunk, puking in front of coworkers, why she smacked herself in the head with her fist saying "crazy, crazy..." I felt like I had just won a ticket to Willy Wonka's

@snsdsuju. I have not seen Poseidon with Siwon. Would you recommend it ?
@kismet22, oh, how i understand you ! I was the exact same way, asking myself "why are they doing that ? " ... and I had to check onother drama to see how it was like ! I love your reference to Willy Wonka, it describes it perfectly !

Guest moneyspills

My initial thoughts on watching a kdrama was ..."aren't they all sad love stories?"Then I actually gave it a try because I was curious why people were addicted to such.Two romcoms and I was hooked. Thinking about my first experience though, I think I complained that I had to read subtitles 'cause back in my hometown, they were dubbed in my native language.

Guest misssleepyhead

The first drama I watched is Princess Hours. I was a 2ndyr high schooler back then when it was aired on tv. I really loved it though the storyline is about a poor girl and a rich man. It seemed so cliche. But then I guess korean dramas make dramas that are not purely dramatic. They add cutesy stuffs that I always catch my attention. Princes Hours is a fun and lovely kdrama. I could watch it all over again!  :\">

Guest pisceanreve

The first one I watched was Coffee Prince and it was really cute and funny at first, but then there was a lot of unnecessary drama from Han-gyul and I hate when guys grab girls' wrists, like...stop.I couldn't watch because the lead guy was being a whiny brat lol though I loved Eun-Chan~ XD

Archived