Is Age Gap Nowadays Still A Big Factor?

angela0919

i'am very much eager to know....if someone out there consider this a problem. Or just we are now in the new decade...  No matter if your older or younger  as long as their is love, respect and joy...
What do you think?can u share something about this matter?Have u been in  this kind of relationship? 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest j3nnnny

For me, I wouldn't date someone who wayyy older than me. I prefer someone who is 1-5 years older than me. Not younger, though (personal preference). However, I guess we can all make exceptions depending on the person.... ^^

Guest Tofu_Cloud

Age really is just a number. If you seen those health shows, they can show you a 19 year old with the insides/outsides of a 30 year old.And a 40 yr old with the insides and outsides of a 20 year old.
I just go with someone i'm attracted too, (ppl who look my age) so they could be 5 years younger or 5 years older... who knows.
when it begins to be 2 digit difference, that's a no for me though. Cuz i personally believe there is underlying problems.... like the guy is going through some sort of midlife or quarter life crisis, or the girl has some daddy issues so dates much older men.

Guest johnpatric

Age gap is usually not that much, but if you do go there to meet him/her, make sure you take someone with you. I have heard of people going overseas to meet someone and getting abducted and never heard from again. Don't always believe everything you read, this could be a big sham. And if you really love someone the age, height, weight and distance are just number..

I'm more on a person's character so I don't really pay attention to age gap. Some people don't act their age. Some are too young but act really mature, some are old but are very childish. So in my opinion, it doesn't matter who's older or younger as long as you both understand and act on your responsibilities in the relationship. However, life is not always a fairytale, so there will be times when the age gap gets in the way of understanding each other. Like a friend of mine went out with a 58-year old man when we were 18 (we're in our early 20's already)... and until now she dates older men like 35+... it sounds crazy but things like that happen...and if the age gap is as huge as that, there will be lots of differences with the way you look at things because you belong in different generations and you know, the now and then are not the same.  I don't know someone who likes dating younger guys though, I think "most" women like to date older men, but like I said, it doesn't really matter as long as you're responsible in your relationship.  :)>-

Tofu_Cloud said: Age really is just a number. If you seen those health shows, they can show you a 19 year old with the insides/outsides of a 30 year old.And a 40 yr old with the insides and outsides of a 20 year old.
I just go with someone i'm attracted too, (ppl who look my age) so they could be 5 years younger or 5 years older... who knows.
when it begins to be 2 digit difference, that's a no for me though. Cuz i personally believe there is underlying problems.... like the guy is going through some sort of midlife or quarter life crisis, or the girl has some daddy issues so dates much older men.

rhangg said: I'm more on a person's character so I don't really pay attention to age gap. Some people don't act their age. Some are too young but act really mature, some are old but are very childish. So in my opinion, it doesn't matter who's older or younger as long as you both understand and act on your responsibilities in the relationship. However, life is not always a fairytale, so there will be times when the age gap gets in the way of understanding each other. Like a friend of mine went out with a 58-year old man when we were 18 (we're in our early 20's already)... and until now she dates older men like 35+... it sounds crazy but things like that happen...and if the age gap is as huge as that, there will be lots of differences with the way you look at things because you belong in different generations and you know, the now and then are not the same.  I don't know someone who likes dating younger guys though, I think "most" women like to date older men, but like I said, it doesn't really matter as long as you're responsible in your relationship.  :)>-

johnpatric said: Age gap is usually not that much, but if you do go there to meet him/her, make sure you take someone with you. I have heard of people going overseas to meet someone and getting abducted and never heard from again. Don't always believe everything you read, this could be a big sham. And if you really love someone the age, height, weight and distance are just number..

To think that its wrong means you are limited to a very narrow frame of mind. I'm 25 years old and I'm very much attracted to three 40 year olds. There's always conflicting issues when I'm dealing with people my age. 

I think it has more to do with a person's maturity and how well the ones in a relationship get along. I've known couples that have over a 15 year age gap and are doing perfectly fine because they really communicate well with each other and are always trying hard to keep their relationship going.

kpoplover6 said: I think it has more to do with a person's maturity and how well the ones in a relationship get along. I've known couples that have over a 15 year age gap and are doing perfectly fine because they really communicate well with each other and are always trying hard to keep their relationship going.

Personally before i told myself that i don't entertain guys who are younger than my age.... before the pursue on courting me... i told them frankly that im not interested if they are junior at my age...
but you know what.... I married a guy who is 7 years younger at my age.... but through out our married life he is more matured in handle our family.... Maybe God had really sent him to me... He fated in my personality....We had our pity fights but in our 8 years in together now... we never have a big fight.... 
I never imagine myself to be like this... but i'm more than happy because I got a good and responsible husband and i got a very lovely little angel who is 7 years old now.... 

my grandma and mom always emphasized that I should marry someone who's around 3 years older than me in the future. guys mature later, and also it seems that women seem older than guys even when they're the same age D:over the years i've started liking guys 5-8 years older than me. i think it has something to do with a lot of my favorite actors/idols being around that age gap :P
but yeah, age shouldn't matter if this feelings are genuine :')

Archived