[Hong Kong TVB Drama 2014] Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain 寒山潛龍

sugarplum892

66323ee5jw1ehh7v8lwcnj20qo0dptdx.jpg

Details:Title: 寒山潛龍  / Hon Saam Chin Lung
English title: Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain
Genre: Ancient, DramaEpisodes: 30Producer: Marco Law 
Production Company: TVB
Broadcast Date: June 30, 2014 - August 8, 2014Replacing: Journey to the West 西遊記
Cast:Kenneth MaSelena LiLin XiaweiPierre NgoPower ChanRaymond ChoCandy ChangLau KongLaw Lok LamKK CheungMary HonRam TseungHugo WongKelvin LeungHoffman ChengChiu Lok YinKelvin LeeEric LiAurora LiKenneth FokRussell CheungEddie HoHenry LoKibby LauYoyo ChenCharmaine LiIva LawHo Yuen TungLee Kai Kit
Synopsis:Lau Kong leads a group of elite constables who investigate strange mysteries from all across the country. His position gives him authority over local magistrates and even the six ministries. Kenneth Ma, with his combination of bravery and wit, is Lau Kong's favourite subordinate. However, they go their separate ways after disagreeing on a robbery case. Kenneth and his wife Selena Li disappear for nearly ten years. When the case finally comes to an end, the aging Lau Kong orders Power Chan, Pierre Ngo and Lin Xia Wei to find Kenneth and ask him to rejoin the team.
Together, the four constables solve many mysteries together, but conflicts often arise due to their different personalities. Kenneth and Selena also experience difficulties and separate because of a misunderstanding. When Kenneth meets a prostitute (also played by Selena) who looks exactly like his wife, he feels lost and delirious. Meanwhile, the Jurchens are preparing to attack the Song Dynasty. Kenneth discovers that the Jurchens have planted a spy amongst the constables. His good friend, Raymond Cho, is unwittingly used by the Jurchens. Others subsequently fall into danger as well. It becomes difficult to distinguish between friend and enemy, leaving everyone feeling insecure...Credit: Casual TVB
Preview:
http://youtu.be/HTKWjyH_Zmw

Theme Song:
Fred Cheng - Way Back

• 2 weeks later...

itemprop="name" class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Selena Li encountered strong current when diving; luckily escaped death

Wednesday June 25, 2014 Hong Kong

ource: on.cc
Translated by: Chloe.C

j780w4.jpg

TVB Artiste Selena Li attended a promotional event for TVB's upcoming drama "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain" at a hotel swimming pool in Wong Chuk Hang. She was attacked by her fellow cast members with water guns, already getting soaked before going into the water. Afterwards, she even got pushed into the water. 

Face mask swept off 

Selena Li had previously gone to Singapore to film an English drama, Spouse for House (already aired). She expressed that she and her co-stars filmed together for a few months, so they are quite familiar with each other. She admitted that she was a bit scared when she got pushed in the water, and revealed that when she went diving at Komodo Island in Indonesia earlier, she had encountered a very dangerous current. She said: "When I went diving, I encountered a very strong current, almost could've died. At the time, my mask even got swept off. I held onto a rock, but in the end I still got washed away and hit the rocks; my hands and feets were all bruised. In the end, I was able to escape danger because I got swept to the stone curb (?). "

Regarding her expectations towards the drama ratings, Selena expressed that she will keep an open mind. She revealed that she plays two characters in the drama; a lot of chances to exploit her acting.

• 3 weeks later...

Source: Wacow@Blog163Translated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (06/30/2014 - 07/06/2014)
Dramas Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain - 寒山潛龍 (EPS 1-5) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)
The Ultimate Addiction - 點金勝手 (EPS 21-25) - 22 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 545-549) - 21 PTS 
SpecialsAlex To Special - 杜德偉・巨星同學會 - 15 PTS
1314 Joey Yung (Concert Special) - 一生一世容祖兒 - 14 PTS
Variety Shows Eating Well with Madam Wong - 吾淑吾食 - 21 PTS
The Conquerors - 快樂聯盟 - 21 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 17 PTS
FIFA World Cup Samba Passion - 2014 FIFA 巴西世界盃-熱爆巴西 - 14 PTS
FIFA World Cup Daily Highlights - 2014 FIFA 巴西世界盃-黃金戰報 - 15 PTS (MON TO THURS) / SUN 10 PTS
(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)
Complaints- There were some complaints on "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain", saying the dialogue and costumes of the actors are not suitable for the drama's setting. - Also complaints on the World Cup broadcasts; not satisfied that all matches could not be live broadcasted for free. However, there were also praises on commentator, Ho Fai, being very professional.

Selena Li Opens a Restaurant: Treats Kenneth Ma to Dinner

Monday July 14, 2014 Hong Kong

Credits: to hyn5

Artiste Selena Li treated her "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain" partners to dinner in Sheung Wan. Good friend Kenneth Ma was also in attendance. When Selena was asked how much was the bill, she frankly said that it was five figures: "Ate some Australian Wagyu beef and meat. Actually wanted to treat for a while. Very rare for a series to have such good feedback". When Kenneth was asked whether he would follow Selena in treating colleagues to dinner, he crisply answered, "Doesn't matter!" [He] emphasized that this is team spirit.

Reportedly, Selena is one of the shareholders of this restaurant. She later admitted, "Just a small shareholder! (Other investments?) Also in restaurants. The other restaurant is eating Mexican food...also buying off plan". When asked whether there was a large profit, she was not willing to reveal the actual figure: "Made a little bit, so have money to treat everyone to dinner. Before, didn't film series for a half year, so need to have some income".

Being a Full Marks Filial Son

As for whether Kenneth had some investments, he said that he does not do business, but has looked at flats: "Also in the region that I live in. Dad and Mom also live around there". Definitely a full marks filial son. Regarding the technique of the series being new school, Kenneth said that it is not considered new school: "It is a technique that is more lighthearted!"

Source: KuangaiTVBTranslated by: Chloe.C
TVB Ratings Report (07/07/2014 - 07/13/2014)
Dramas The Ultimate Addiction - 點金勝手 (EPS 26-30 END) - 24 PTS (Peaking at 26 PTS)
Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain - 寒山潛龍 (EPS 6-10) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛.回家 (EPS 550-554) - 22 PTS 
Variety Shows Eating Well with Madam Wong - 吾淑吾食 - 20 PTS
The Conquerors - 快樂聯盟 - 20 PTS
Scoop - 東張西望 - 17 PTS
FIFA World Cup Daily Highlights - 2014 FIFA 巴西世界盃-黃金戰報 - 15 PTS (MON TO THURS) / SUN 13 PTS
(Nielsen TAM: 1 point represents 64,920 viewers)
Complaints- TVB received 8 complaints on "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain" about the plot being too ridiculous and the dialogue being too vulgar/coarse. - There were 14 complaints received regarding the World Cup broadcast, with viewers unhappy that the third place match was not broadcasted on the free channel, and the hosts' commentary being biased. - "Eating Well with Madam Wong" received 8 complaints regarding: the guest chef that appeared on the show passed away before the broadcast of the episode; therefore broadcasting the episode is disrepectful to the deceased and his family and friends, and also makes viewers uncomfortable._____________________________

Kenneth Ma Treating the Cast and Crew to Dinner: Reveals Raymond Cho's Promise to Pay for a Trip

Friday July 18, 2014 Hong Kong

Credits: to hyn5

21awmkn.jpg

Artiste Kenneth Ma attended an event. He expressed having already been endorsing this brand for three or four years, and had just renewed the contract. As for whether there was an increase in salary, must ask the company in order to know. It was mentioned that this brand sponsors furniture buying; would he buy a house because of this? He expressed being in the process of looking at flats. If he had to change the furniture, would definitely seek the help of this brand: "I have saved enough money to buy a flat. Hope to be able to live in the same Eastern District because all of my parents' friends live around there". Definitely a filial son.

When asked when he would be treating his "Ghost Dragon of Cold Mountain" colleagues to dinner, he said, "Will treat when it is a suitable time. (When the ratings are high?) Didn't say how many points in ratings. I always feel that the most important is to have filmed happily. I also like the series". He also revealed that Raymond Cho said that, if the series has high ratings, he would take the cast and crew on a trip to Japan.

Archived