[Current KBS Drama 2014] There's The Cat! Meow / My Dear Cat 고양이는 있다

Felicia Soh

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="at_ttl"Choi Yoon Young Appears In "There's A Cat"

choi-yoon-young-appears-in-theres-a-cat.

Actress Choi Yoon Young finalized her confirmation of casting in "There is a Cat. Meow."

In the new KBS1 daily drama, "There is a Cat, Meow" (script Lee Eun Joo, director Kim Won Young), Choi Yoon Young plays the role of the female protagonist who is named Ko Yang Sook.

"There is a Cat. Meow" is about a man and a woman who meet because of a cat.  Through this destined meeting, they find their dreams that they ahd forgotten about.  In this process, they realize the love and importance of family as this drama draws upon the process of such love and life lessons.

In the drama, the role that Choi Yoon Young plays as Ko Yang Sook is a reporter for a magazine that dreams of being a novel writer.  Three years ago, her father dies and she suffers from the harassment of loan sharks as she wavers between her actual job and her part time job.  At one point, she gives up the dream of becoming a writer but even in this difficult situation, she remains optimistic and doesn't give up her personality.  She is a strong person that can get through any obstacle.

Through her management company, Choi Yoon Young said, "I first became an actress through KBS so it's a good feeling to be back in your hometown in the role of a female protagonist for KBS.  I feel like I'm back home and I will be able to act out things in a more smooth way."

At this, she also revealed, "After reading the script, I was really deeply into the piece and the character.  I plan to really act in the role of Ko Yang Sook."
Meanwhile, "There is a Cat. Meow" will be broadcast after "Love Rides a Song" and will be aired at 8:25PM on June 9th.

Source : Kdramastars

class="entry-title"There’s a Meowing Cat’ Stars Choi Yoon-young, Hyun Woo, Jeon Hyo-sung and Choi Min

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Choi Min, Jeon Hyo-sung, Choi yoon-young and Hyun Woo, the lead actors in ‘There’s a Meowing Cat’

The follow-up of KBS 1TV’s TV series ‘There’s a Meowing Cat’ will star 4 fresh and cute actors, Choi Yoon-young, Hyun Woo, Jeon Hyo-sung and Choi Min, attracting much anticipation.

Choi Yoon-young became popular with her off-beat and pure image through KBS’s weekend drama ‘My Daughter Seo-young’. She is now attracting more fans with the new drama. She will play ‘Go Yang-soon’, a 26 year old woman who financially struggles and a journalist in a magazine company. She saves the life of a street cat, which completely changes her life.

Hyun Woo plays ‘Yeom Chi-woong’ who puts’ Yang-soon’s life in misery by chasing the cat Yang-soon saved. Chi-woong chooses his dream over his family’s hope. Chi-woong looks you but he is like a matured man. The character is expected make the drama more lively and interesting.

Jeon Hyo-sung plays ‘Han Soo-ri’, Yang-soon’s co-worker, who loves herself so much as she is overprotected by her family. There is much anticipation about the interesting character. Choi Min plays ‘Yoon Sung-il’, who comes back to Korea to become a star. Choi Min looks playful in the picture. Choi Min and Choi Yoon-young will be a sweet Chemi-couple (a lovely couple).

The new TV series will be a story of a man and a woman who learn secrets about their families while looking for their own missing cats. They families come into conflict but understand each other to restore their relationship. The first episode of ‘There’s a Meowing Cat’ will be aired at 8:25 on KBS 1TV on June 9th.

Source : Getitk

photo434789.jpg

Choi Min, starring in "There's a Meowing Cat" with Choi Yoon-yeong

Actor Choi Min is starring in the new KBS 1TV drama "There's A Meowing Cat".

Choi Min takes on the role of Yoon Seong-il who is in the States but returns to Korea to become a celebrity despite his parents' opposition. He co-stars with Choi Yoon-young, who plays in the role of Ko Yang-soon.

The production claims Choi Min is one whose future is bright and will earn a great deal of public popularity.

"There's A Meowing Cat" is about a man and a woman who come together because of a cat and find their dreams, realizing the true meaning of family.

Source : Hancinema

[Exclusive] Hyun Woo Cast as Lead Actor in New KBS Drama

Actor Hyun Woo has been cast as the lead of KBS1’s upcoming daily drama There is the Cat! Meow (tentative).

According to multiple broadcasting affiliates, Hyun Woo has been cast as male lead character ‘Yeom Chi Woong’ in the drama. ‘Yeom Chi Woong’ is an ‘um chin ah’ with good looks and intelligence, who takes a leave of absence from law school. He enters law school upon the wishes of his parents but leaves in order to venture out to pursue his own dreams.

[Exclusive] Hyun Woo Cast as Lead Actor in New KBS Drama

Hyun Woo recently showed up for the script reading for There is the Cat! Meow.

About this, a rep from SH entertainment, Hyun Woo’s agency, stated, “Hyun Woo attended the script reading as the male lead for the daily drama. He will be able to show an upgraded acting through this project. It will be a great opportunity for him to show his abilities as an actor.”

Hyun Woo made his debut through movie A Frozen Flower in 2008 and acted in dramas Pasta, Dream, Call of the Country, A Tree With Deep Roots, Ugly Alert as well as the movie Killer Toon.

Meanwhile, There is the Cat! Meow will depict the story of a man and a woman who go out in search for their lost cats. In the process, they will be finding out secrets about their families. The first episode is set to air on June 9.

Photo credit: enews

Reporter : Choi, EunHwa | Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Source : enewsworld

@Felicia Soh, thank you much for starting this lovely thread, and all the great info here.

Looks like a fun drama...    :)

Will give a try, time permitting.  Of course, I like the idea of the drama centering around the cat.

Here's first teaser

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background: transparent;"KBS Drama "A Cat! Meow/Theres a Cat Meowing" Teaser 1

class="at_title" style="padding: 0px 14.65625px; margin: 0px; font-size: 32px; list-style: none; line-height: 38px; letter-spacing: -0.04em; font-weight: bold; clear: both; text-align: center; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: 'Noto Sans', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; orphans: auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Speed Sungmin, Casted For 'There's A Meowing Cat'

speed-sungmin-theres-a-meowing-cat.jpg?w

Boy group Speed's member Sungmin was casted for the new KBS1 drama "There's A Meowing Cat".

Sungmin came out as actor Hyun Woo's younger brother, turning into a rebellious high school student.

Sungmin tried acting for the first time last year through KBS drama special "Something Like That" where he impressed many staff members with his charm as an actor.

"There's A Meowing Cat" is about a couple who regain their dreams after meeting each other. It will start airing on June 9.

Source: KpopStarz

Well this sounds cute and funny with the typical family secret included as bonus,it wouldn't be a korean drama without it,eh?i hope it will be a good and light one and i'll give it a try because i really like Hyun Woo a lot and i'm happy he got the leading role :x

Added new trailer, images and updated cast for the Korean drama 'There's a Meowing Cat'

photo442848.jpg

"There's a Meowing Cat" (2014)

Directed by Kim Won-yong-I

Written by Lee Eun-joo-I

Network : KBS

With Hyeon Woo, Choi Yoon-yeong-I, Choi Min-I, Hyosung, Dok-go Yeong-jae, Lee Kyeong-jin,...

Mon~Fri 20:25
Synopsis
A drama about conflict and reconciliation due to finding out the secrets of their families in the process of a man and a woman looking for their lost cats.

Broadcast starting date in Korea : 2014/06/09

photo442849.jpg
photo442848.jpg

photo442847.jpg

photo442846.jpg

photo442845.jpg

photo442844.jpg

photo442843.jpg

Source: Hancinema

Updated cast on Hancinema

Thank you so much @irilight for updating this thread .....was about to post some of the pictures above but you beat me to it...gomapta chingu.

Welcome to the thread @milky88 - this look like a cute daily drama with the cat as one of the central "role". I presume this will kick off as light-hearted that may eventually turn dramatic when the secrets are out. 

I like Choi Yoon-young since watching her in a supporting role in "King of Baking, Kim Takgu" but it was her role in "My Daughter Seo Young" that impresses me with her acting ability.  Not very familiar with Hyun Woo but I've seen some of his notable performances in "Pasta" and "Secret Agent Ms. Oh". 

sub_bg_3.jpg
Cutie cat credit : KBS

Nice to see you here, @Ldy_Gmerm - you must be a fan of daily drama.  I was following Melody of Love but somehow with soooo many obstacles on love development and sacrifices on both sides - my heart couldn't take it anymore and gave up on the main couple.  Anyhow, I love the actors.

@irilight, KBSW has been faithfully uploading all their evening daily dramas in YT - so don't worry chingu, you'll definitely be able to watch it once it starts airing in KBSW.

@FeliciaSoh, thank you so much for starting this thread. I don't care about / am not familiar with - the human cast members (having watched very few K-dramas) but if the producers can actually get a real live cat to act in the drama, then I will definitely watch it! :) 

@irilight... *waving back*..Hiya....

I too hope that they will upload on KBSW with subs on their You Tube channel...

@FeliciaSoh.... Awesome you arr here! Great that you started this thread.. I just saw the first teaser Monday after Melody of Love's episode... then lucked up on this thread. Sweet!

I am hoping this will show up on the KBSW cable channel as well..that would be good too.

Yes I am a fan of the dailies... LOL just completely addicted to them. :)

@Felicia Soh You bet it will be a melodrama in the other half part,it has a family secret involved...all i hope is that the fun and light part will be entertaining and the chemestry of the cast good...like i said i know the main so i have hopes in it and i hope our heroine will be endering(hated the last project) and to like her...the last recent project i've seen Hyun Woo was in his cameo to say in Gapdong as a dark character which i totally loved and i'm happy i'll see him again so soon in a happy role,and even better in  a leading one..love his eyes smile so much ;))

@cynkdf, this is for you....... catlaughing.gif .....and I hope the beautiful cast will eventually charm you with their acting.  I don't know why they use "meowing cat" as a title but I sincerely hope it lives up to the story plot --- more fun-filled interaction and less cat-fight and dramatic scenes.

@Ldy_Gmerm, I have strong faith KBSW YT Channel will upload this drama (think it has always been their norm to have daily dramas uploaded).  I guess you must be one of the fans of the current morning drama, "Angel's Revenge" - I quit watching (again for the same reason my heart can't take anymore of Park Jung-chul's evil moves.....he is so addicted in it - this guy is going to call "hell" as his next home. 

Btw, I love the sweet and cute song played in the 1st Teaser - can't wait to see the entire opening on Monday, 9th June. Anyone here planning to watch it without subs....honestly, I am not a huge fan of watching drama live. 

@Milky88 - there's a strong indication that this drama is geared towards a lighter tone than "Melody of Love" though I must be honest to say, I thought the same too when I saw the opening scene of MOL.  Anyway, the first Teaser rocks! I love the cartoonish vibes they injected in the teaser.....and the cat has stolen someone's heart here....yoohoo.....@cyn!

Yup, Hyun Woo smiles can lift up all the burden in your shoulder - he let his soul smile through his heart and his heart smile through his eyes. romance.gif

@irilight, appreciate your kind effort in sourcing all the relevant latest news pertaining to this drama.  I have already put the link on the 1st post.

Hyun Woo and Choi Min Sung! <3 So unexpected for me!

I was absolutely shocked and ecstatic that two of my fave crushes would be in a drama together.  And a daily one! So I get to at least enjoy them even if the show itself falls to typical Korean daily drama frustration-inducing story. hehe

I also like Choi Yoon Young too.  She's been great in every project I've seen her in since Baker King.

@Felicia Soh.. I am getting a kick out of the cat you have offered for @cynkdf... 

I have only seen Park Jang-Chul in Scandal: A shocking and wrongful incident  which was a great drama last year. He was a  support actor who came in rather late in the drama too. He had a funny name, - anchovie!.   purrfect food for a cat...

Archived