Half-Asians in K-Pop/K-Dramas?

Guest exoticbubble

Guest exoticbubble

hello there :)

i'd like to know if any of you know about half-asians in the kpop or k-drama industry or any other places like that? 

there is this new band named "badkiz" and one of their members is half german and half korean, guess her name is monika. i also heard about JYP debuting a girlgroup named 6mix or sixmix in which every member has a different nationality, but i'm not sure about that since i only know lena park from that group. chocolate's member tia, melanie and juliane also are not full korean/chinese from what i've heard and read.

my question now is can it be possible that half-asians will have a higher chance to become a trainee? from what i've heard - idk if rumor or not - is that some companys, especially the big three, will expand their choice of trainees to not only korean and chinese ones to get more attention and succeed in maybe europe and other places. i guess they still want asian trainees since it's korean/asian industry but maybe they are more open to half-asians now? i'm also half asian and half white (not korean or chinese but other asian country), that's why i want to know what other people think about this. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kpopismylifexx

I am not sure what her name is but there is a trainee with the last name "William" who is half white half korean (but she just looks white)

Guest melontea

I don't know if this was posted yet, but I mean Victoria is half white and she didn't even know Korean when she auditioned soooo~

@melontea do you mean victoria from fx? i'm pretty sure she's full chinese but in some pictures she really looks like she's not fully asian. i wonder why?

i also heard about jyp is planning to debut 6mix this spring but they didn't debut yet? @kpopismylifexx not sure if the girl with the last name "william" is a trainee from jyp? i remember this name from somewhere but idk from what xD can you show some pictures of this girl? i'd like to see her xDD

btw kim isak (now ida simmons i guess) a former member from SM duo "isak N jiyeon" is german. guess she has korean blood too but not sure.

Guest melontea

@ricecakee Ah then it probably wasn't Vistoria that I'm talking about~ But I was watching Hello Councelor and f(x) were guests and one of the members misunderstood something the mc said~ Maybe it was Krystal?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kpopismylifexx

@ricecakee I'm 100% sure she a trainee at ccm and just found out her first name is shannon, She was also on star king
353227.jpg

Heres her picture

• 2 weeks later...
Guest exoticbubble

@ricecakee do you know when sixmix will debut? i thought they already debuted but seems like it take a bit more time for them.

@kpopismylifexx isn't shannon a former member of five dolls? she looks so young omg. and also looks more like shes hispanic or sth like that?

Archived