Do you wash your new clothes before you wear them?

Guest Kerriganton

Guest Kerriganton

New clothes are usually pretty dirty even if they don't seem like it. A lot people probably already have tried them on.

I think I read an article that recommend washing new clothes before wearing them.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hearthealer

Can't be bothered. I'll wear them out, they'll get dirtier and then i'll wash.

At (very major retailer) though, we used to fling clothes on the floor when organizing the store....so most store bought stuff are probably filter as heck.

Guest MangoR

aaaahhahaha, I dooo.  Especially mah undies cus I don't wanna imagine other ppl have touched my undies and thereby kind of touching me?

Guest c.odette

depends; if it's outerwear like a coat or a jacket then I don't wash it. If the clothing touches my skin directly then I do.

I usually don't. If I decide to buy something, then I normally reach to the back of the rack and grab one of the pieces at the back. haha Otherwise it just depends on the item.. Like the others have said, undergarments are a yes, but pieces like coats and jumpers is a most likely wear-then-wash. 

Guest glamazon21

I've worked retail for almost three years and to be honest you guys should probably clean your clothes prior to wearing them. I'm not sure if I can name my previous employer but I'm sure at stores like Forever 21, Old Navy, H&M, Charlotte Russe, Rue 21 etc. clothes are treated the same way. Merchandise falls onto the floor all the time and sometimes it stays there for a while. A ton of people could have touched the clothing you bought, and you don't know who did. I'm experienced working in the fitting room and WOW. I've had clothes handed back to me that reek of body odour, and shoppers can be pretty audacious about treating the store and its merchandise. I've seen people spit on the floor and try clothes on without wearing undergarments. Gross right? 
I'm sure stores with higher price tags don't have the same problems though.

Guest beautylover

Nope. Where I live they wash them. Usually when it comes to Goodwill or thrift stores I was them but I never go to thrift stores my older sister does cause they mostly have sizes for her. For me most are too big :(

Guest hunnygurly

of course, unless I buy online. when you buy online it comes straight from the factory so I don't see a reason to.

Guest dragonfruit

yes!!!
unless it's a shirt i really want to wear and I can't wait until we do laundry hahabut most of the time i can wait to wash them first~

Archived