How do I fall asleep?

Guest Kerriganton

Guest Kerriganton

I end up going to sleep very late because I can't fall asleep early..

Any tips on how to get to sleep early?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest hirmu

Before going to bed try not to use your phone/laptop for 30minutes or so, take the time to just calm down and relax.Also lowering the room temperature can help :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Make sure you don't eat a lot right before you sleep. Don't play video games or anything with a bright lights as well. You can stretching exercises for 5 minutes before you sleep, i heard this helped as well.

Guest collegeloving23

Find out the reason you cant sleep Put all electronics or distractions away Take a hot bath or shower Find a schedule that works for you Close your eyes and sleep away If this doesnt help, try exercising more or using more energy in the day ( the sun usually will take all the energy out of you!)

Guest min.T

Don't let yourself take naps throughout the day. When it comes time for you to go to bed start putting everything away and go wash up.
Once it starts becoming routine things should go like clockwork. If that still doesn't work then...a really strong night cap does me in.

Guest nohone

What is it that keeps you up?

Are you energetic? Then get up. You are not ready for sleep. That's like trying to make a child sit still. Dispense the energy somehow.

Does your mind ramble on and on?

Be watchful of whatever it is you think about. It may be difficult at first, but entertain yourself with the idea, and suddenly, watchfulness will come.

As you watch your thoughts, by and by, they will go away. Then, watch your body. Observe it at rest, and then let it rest deeper. Just by being aware of the body, you will feel it come alive. Have it rest.

You will sleep soon after.

Try some lettuce tea. It's not actually tea/caffeine so it won't keep you up. Just boil some washed lettuce leaves and let it simmer before adding some organic cane sugar to taste. My mom's an insomniac, but she swears lettuce tea works for her. Makes sense because it's supposed to relax your muscles. You should give it a try! And definitely stay away from your phone, television, or computer if you're planning to go to sleep.

Archived