Pair of Circle Lens becoming uncomfortable to wear?

Guest nerd_love7

Guest nerd_love7

I have a question about my circle lenses.  I've had them since April and they're my first pair. I have been to an optometrist and I don't know need a prescription since my vision is good.  I bought them from pinkyparadise. The first few times I wore them everything seemed fine but the last two times I've tried to wear them I had trouble.

When I tried to put them on today the left lens went in perfectly but my vision was a little blurry, when I tried to put on the right lens it would not stick to my eye and kept coming off. It wasn't inside-out but when I put it on it looked "bent" and I had to press it to make it lay flat.  When I finally got it on it started to sting and was kinda blurry too so I had to take it out.  My eyes felt fine after taking them out.  I don't understand what happened as I kept them in solution and kept everything sanitized.  I know I have dry eyes and I changed the solution everyday (except for maybe 2 or 3 days I forgot to change it).  Should I throw these out or is there something else I can do?

Does anyone have any advice on this?  Thanks in advance!

Guest melw

Usually contacts last longer than that. Unless they dried up or ripped. But Id say if its affecting your eyes, you should throw them out! Dont risk an eye infection for saving a few dollars

Guest glamazon21

Do you remember how long the lenses are supposed to last? 
I would probably just throw the lenses out an order a new pair if you still want to wear them. Don't risk your vision for the sake of beauty. You can always get another pair of lenses but you only have one pair of eyes!

Guest nerd_love7

glamazon21 said: Do you remember how long the lenses are supposed to last? 
I would probably just throw the lenses out an order a new pair if you still want to wear them. Don't risk your vision for the sake of beauty. You can always get another pair of lenses but you only have one pair of eyes!

• 1 month later...

So I have no experience with circle lenses but I wear regular contacts and maybe once a week I clean them using this. It gets rid of any calcium build-up (I believe). click here I would research if you can use this for circle lenses. But yeah, I have to dispose mine every 2 weeks so to hear that your's lasts for a year seems a little suspicious.

Guest jabeum

wexbelongxtogether said: So I have no experience with circle lenses but I wear regular contacts and maybe once a week I clean them using this. It gets rid of any calcium build-up (I believe). click here I would research if you can use this for circle lenses. But yeah, I have to dispose mine every 2 weeks so to hear that your's lasts for a year seems a little suspicious.

You should always clean them.. and also clean your case. your lenses were probably inside out (using the wrong side) but if it's starting to bother you throw them out..
With my contact lens ( i wear to see) the optometrist told me to put them on the back of my hand put solution on them and then rub them with a finger to clean before putting it away.. and it helps my lenses last longer. just don't rub too hard.

Guest starfishnuna

Might have a minor rip or scratch on it. Never wear defective lenses! Just throw them out and get a new pair. You only have one pair of eyeballs!!

Guest gisellaaa

I usually just throw them out after 4-5 months of usage (because I wear them 5 days a week) so they can get quite dirty (even if I do diligently clean them). When they get really dirty, it gets annoying to wear so I just throw them out and get new lenses. 

Archived