Writer :
유동윤 Yoo Dong Yoo, 방지영 Bang Ji Young
PD : 이주환 Lee Joo Hwan
Eps: 20 eps (70 mins each)
Main Cast :
Jung Il Woo, Go Sung Hee, Jung Yun Ho, Seo Ye Ji
Supporting Cast :
Lee Jae
Yong, Yoon Tae Young, Kim Young Min, Kim Heung Soo, Song Yi Woo, Shim Eun Jin, Go Chang Seok, Kim Sung Oh, Moon Bo Ryung, Ah Young (Dal Sherbet)
Special appearance :
Choi Won Young, Yoo Da InStreaming with English Subtitles: KDrama | Viki

야경꾼일지 포스터3
Story : Do Ha (Go Sung Hee), Lee Rin (Jung Il Woo), Moo Seok (Jung Yun Ho) and Chul Joo are a team of Night Watchmen who work from 9pm to 5am every night protecting the people of Chosun under the king's secret orders, solving unexplainable cases that involves the realms of the supernatural.

Lee Rin (Jung Il Woo) is a rogue royal prince who is used to masking his insecurities and the deep hurt in his heart with his wild and rebellious ways until an sudden incident gave him the ability to see supernatural beings. Armed with his new sense of sight and ability, he volunteers to be a part of a team of Night Watchmen who patrols the streets from night to dawn to protect the Chosun people from the evil ghosts and beings which hunts for innocent preys and redress the grievousness of those whom died wrongfully. Growing mentally and emotionally as he solves the cases he became involved in and witnessing of the hardships of the citizens, Lee Rin began to change his attitude towards life and faces his destiny with his new found courage.

Moo Seok (Jung Yun Ho) is a bodyguard who serves the rogue prince, Lee Rin. He grew up under the strictest education and martial arts training to become the best swordsman in Chosun. He is a man of few words but women are drawn to him despite his coldness towards them. His icy heart began to thaw with the chance encounter of Do Ha but falling for her means that he has to compete for her hand against Prince Lee Rin whom he is currently serving.

Do Ha (Go Sung Hee) is the successor of the Ma Go tribe whom are the protectors of the Baek Do mountains' spirits energy for generations. She is a warm, kind-hearted girl who travels to Han Yang, the capital of Chosun searching  for the night watchmen who are destined to bear the fate of the Ma Go tribe. And though a twist of fate, she gets entangled in a triangular love relationship with the hot-blooded Lee Rin who is hot like fire and his bodyguard "Moo Seok" who is as cold as ice.

Park Soo Ryun (Seo Ye Ji) is the daughter of court officer, Park Soo Jong and despite her sweet and harmless appearance as a virtuous girl, she actually harbors strong desires and pride to become the wife of Prince Lee Rin. Therefore she sees Do Ha as a thorn in her flesh who is obstructing from getting what her heart desires.

===================

Must Read!! and follow!!
Soompi code of conductDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE ====================

Links

Nate news link
Aja Aja's DL links (Raw + OST) for members only
Korean Wiki (Check here for ratings)
Official MBC drama cafe
Official Baidu site

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

class="content-title"Jung Il Woo in Talks for Lead Role in New Drama “The Night Watchman”

Jung Il Woo in Talks for Lead Role in New Drama “The Night Watchman”

Actor Jung Il Woo has received the offer to join the cast of MBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “The Night Watchman.”

A representative of the actor’s agency commented on May 21, “He is positively looking over the offer to join ‘The Night Watchman.’ We are currently discussing the final details,” and hinted at an almost confirmed role.

Set in the era of Joseon dynasty, “The Night Watchman” depicts the life of a watchman, whose role is to prevent ghosts from entering the villages between 9pm and 5am. The drama will take the time slot currently occupied by “Triangle,” which will end its run in mid-July.

Most recently, Jung Il Woo appeared on MBC’s “Gold Rainbow” as Seo Do Young, earning praises for his skillful performance. He has also been confirmed as one of the 2014 Brazil World Cup cheering team members of “Infinite Challenge.”

source: http://www.soompi.com/2014/05/21/jung-il-woo-in-talks-for-lead-role-in-new-drama-the-night-watchman/#.U31NJ3ZAbgY

Guest jreal

Go Sung Hee of Miss Korea to play the heroine~ 10271585_535993423178597_797414545286171

SOURCE: http://news.sportsseouli.com/read/entertain/1371079.htm10390239_535994693178470_577938964670448

i am very happy.his new drama .i can't waiting this drama.please quickly.Fighting ill woo.I hope wish a lots of  viewers rating.
                                                          10411006_780448205309402_673392117723375

Jeong Il-woo to star in MBC "The Night Watchman"

photo438315.jpg

Jeong Il-woo is likely to star in the new MBC drama "The Night Watchman".

In a phone interview with his agency, it was understood that Jeong Il-woo has been offered a role and is thinking positively about it.

"The Night Watchman" is a drama about those who patrolled the streets during the Joseon times when a curfew of 9:00 PM to 5:00 AM existed.

Jeong Il-woo's agency claims he hasn't made up his mind yet.

Jeong Il-woo recently starred in the MBC drama "Golden Rainbow" as Prosecutor Seo Do-yeong. He recently joined the MBC TV show "Infinity Challenge" on their Brazil World Cup Cheer Squad.

Source : sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/new...

http://www.hancinema.net/jeong-il-woo-to-star-in-mbc-the-night-watchman-69416.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hancinema%2FAUJj+%28HanCinema+Daily+News%29

class="entry-title"Go Sung Hee and Jung Il Woo Cast as Leads in Fusion Sageuk Records of a Night Watchmanhttp:gojung1.jpg

MBC appears to have finally give up on its nearly decade long pipe dream to bring Dae Jung Geum 2 to the small screens with Lee Young Ae‘s definitely no-thanks last week to the offer to reprise her career-making role. That means the time slot after the currently airing Mon-Tues drama Triangle needs to be filled with something else not called Dae Jang Geum 2 and luckily it’s something way more interesting for me. MBC is currently prepping Records of the Night Watchman (or Chronicle/Journal/Annals of the Night Watchman) in lieu of Dae Jang Geum 2 and this week the leads have been cast with MBC regular Jung Il Woo and relative newbie Go Sung Hee. The drama sounds just like a supernatural version of Sungkyunkwan Scandal crossed with Arang and the Magistrate about four mixed gender royal palace bodyguards whose specific jobs are to wrangle ghosts at night. I sure hope they all live together as well, I loved the living together hijinks in Sungkyunkwan Scandal.

The bodyguard foursome consists of three men and a pretty feisty lady though it’s not clear yet if she’s cross-dressing as a boy. Jung Il Woo will be playing the lead opposite Go Sung Hee who made her drama debut in MBC’s underrated Miss Korea late last year. The night watchmen in question are tasked with keeping the ghosts from entering the living villages during the nighttime curfew hours of 9 pm to 5 am, and in doing their job they find themselves also solving ghostly mysteries. This drama is being produced by the company that did Sungkyunkwan Scandal and comes from a very impressive hands of the PD of Jumong and Shin Don while the script will come the veteran sageuk screenwriter from King and I and King’s Dream. I like Jung Il Woo but that like turns to love when he’s doing sageuks, most notably Return of Iljimae and The Moon Embraces the Sun, so his casting is a no-brainer good choice on the part of MBC and makes me exceedingly happy.
http:image

I recapped Miss Korea which was an excellent drama that sadly too few folks watched. I’m probably one of the few who can make a informed opinion on Go Sung Hee after spending such a detailed time watching her in MK and my first thought is that she’s clearly fast rising up-and-comer that MBC wants to push since she’s already headlining a prime time drama in her second drama outing with the network. She was solid in MK but Lee Yeon Hee owned that drama from start to finish, but it’s worth noting that she made her own character memorable despite much significantly less screen time.

Go Sung Hee has refreshing looks that aren’t the overly sleek norm these days but I did notice that her acting style seemed a bit aloof in MK. I wonder if it was just the character or her emoting but I’ll find out in two months when Night Watchman premieres in late July. It doesn’t really matter since Jung Il Woo can handle cold aloof actress types, it’s hard to forget that he managed the impossible task of generating chemistry all on his own with Han Ga In in MoonSun. Fingers-crossed the other two male leads cast in Night Watchman are also on my like list which would make this immediately a must-watch.

http://koalasplayground.com/2014/05/22/go-sung-hee-and-jung-il-woo-cast-as-leads-in-fusion-sageuk-records-of-a-night-watchman/

class="at_ttl"Jung Il Woo May Become A Joseon-Era Ghostbuster
Jung Il Woo

When ghosts threaten a Joseon-era palace, who are you going to call? If viewers are lucky they might get ghostbuster Jung Il Woo to come and chase their ghostly night visitors away.
The actor, who last appeared in the weekend drama “Golden Rainbow” with Uee, is considering a role in the upcoming MBC drama “The Night Watchmen.” It’s a drama about a group of watchmen who must patrol a palace at night to make sure that the ghosts don’t get in. The watchmen must cover the grounds between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. every night to keep the king and his subjects safe from spectral visitors.

The patrol will consist of three men and one girl. These ghost hunters will be called on to solve various mysteries in their attempts to protect the palace.
A leading role in “The Night Watchmen” has been offered to actor Jung Il Woo. His agency says he has not yet decided whether to take the role but both sides are in discussion.
“He is positively looking over the offer to join ‘The Night Watchman.’ We are currently discussing the final details,” said a representative from his agency Star K Entertainment.
If he did the role it would not be his first time in a saeguk as he previously appeared as Prince Yang Myung in “The Moon Embracing The Sun” and Iljimae in “The Return of Iljimae.”
The plot also sounds like it will require a comedic touch but Jung Il Woo is no stranger to comedy. He played the petulant chaebol Cha Chi Soo for laughs in “Flower Boy Ramen Shop.” The 26-year-old actor was recently confirmed as a member of the “Infinite Challenge” team. The team is designated to cheer on the 2014 Brazil World Cup, which begins in a few weeks.
The leading female role in “The Night Watchmen” has been offered to actress Go Sung Hee, who was last seen in “Miss Korea.” The 23-year-old actress also appeared in two films last year, “Fasten Your Seatbelt” and “An Ethics Lesson.”
The drama’s producers and creators have plenty of successful saeguk credentials. Lee Joo Hwan, who directed “Jumong” will direct this drama. Yoo Dong Yoon, who wrote “Daemul” and King’s Dream, is the screenwriter. Raemong Raein, the production company responsible for “Sungkyungkwan Scandal” will produce “The Night Watchmen.”
The drama will air on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in late July. It will follow “Triangle.”

source: http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/22803/20140522/jung-il-woo-may-become-a-joseon-era-ghostbuster.htm

class="entry-title"Jung Il-woo Confirmed to star in ‘The Night Watchman’

정일우

Jung Il-woo has been confirmed to play the leading male character in MBC’s new drama ‘The Night Watchman’.

Jung Il-woo said, “I play Yi-rin in new drama ‘The Night Watchman’. I liked the new type of character, the watchman. I have never played a such role and feel little nervous. But I am excited to show new sides of Jung Il-woo.”

Yi-rin, the character he will play in the new drama, has everything. He is a tall and handsome guy who has money and fame. He is a delinquent prince, who struggles to get out of the inner pain. He is given the ability to see ghosts and starts to fend off them. He really cares about his people and shares their emotions and becomes the direct heir to the throne.

Jun Il-woo stars in a history drama after ‘Moon Embracing the Sun’ in 2012. He played prosecutor Seo Do-young in ‘Golden Rainbow’ aired earlier in 2014. Being praised for playing the characters by the viewers, Jung Il-woo is attracting much attention for his new role in ‘The Night Watchman’.

MBC’s new drama ‘The Night Watchman’ is set in the Joseon Dynasty period and a story about the watchmen who are on patrol during the curfew from 9pm to 5am to bust ghosts. It will air incoming July.

Written by Han Jihee, Photography by Star K Entertainment, Translated by Lee Sarah

http://www.getitk.com/jung-il-woo-confirmed-to-star-in-the-night-watchman/?lang=en

class="titleNews"Jung Il Woo Cast as Lead in ‘The Night Watchman’s Journal’

Jung Il Woo will be starring in drama The Night Watchman’s Journal.

StarK Entertainment, Jung Il Woo’s agency, announced on May 26, “Jung Il Woo has been cast in MBC’s upcoming drama The Night Watchman’s Journal.”

Through his agency, Jung Il Woo said, “I have been cast as the male lead ‘Lee Rin’ in The Night Watchman’s Journal. The role of a ‘night watchman,’ which I haven’t encountered in any other project, caught my attention. I am nervous but more excited to be taking on a new character and show a different side of me. I hope you will anticipate it.”

Jung Il Woo Cast as Lead in ‘The Night Watchman’s Journal’

The Night Watchman’s Journal is about ‘Lee Rin,’ a prince who has wealth and good looks but lives as a rebel to overcome internal struggles. He becomes a night watchman after discovering his ability to see ghosts and becomes a true prince after seeing the lives of the citizens as he helps get rid of the ghosts.

Meanwhile, The Night Watchman’s Journal is set to air in July.

Photo credit: StarK Entertainment

source: http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/66756/jungilwoo-cast-as-male-lead-in-a-new-mbc-drama

class="content-title" Actor Jung Il Woo Confirms Casting for New Drama “The Night Watchman”
Actor Jung Il Woo Confirms Casting for New Drama “The Night Watchman”

Actor Jung Il Woo has been confirmed to star in MBC’s new Monday–Tuesday drama titled “The Night Watchman.”

Star K Entertainment, the actor’s agency, stated on May 26, “Jung Il Woo has taken on the male lead role for the upcoming ‘The Night Watchman.’ The role of a watchman that hasn’t been seen in any other dramas thus far is what captured his heart. Because it’s his first time coming across a character like this one, he is nervous, but also excited to show a different side. Please look forward to it.”

Jung Il Woo’s character in “The Night Watchman” will be a good looking yet failed prince who, one day, happens to receive the power to see ghosts and decides to become a night watchman.

In the actor’s most recent MBC drama “Golden Rainbow,” he acted as the role of a prosecutor and earned praises for his performance. You can look forward to the upcoming drama “The Night Watchman,” which will begin airing after the completion of “Triangle,” in late July.

http://www.soompi.com/2014/05/25/actor-jung-il-woo-confirms-casting-for-new-drama-the-night-watchman/

Guest maea18

Jung Il-woo, Go Sung-hee for Night Watchmanby girlfriday | May 26, 2014 

JungIlWoo_GoSungHee1.jpg

Woohoo, most glorious mane of glory, here we come! Jung Il-woo (Gold Rainbow) has confirmed that he’ll be headlining the new supernatural fusion sageuk The Records of a Night Watchman due out this summer on MBC. I’m pretty sure it’s not enough time for him to grow out his Iljimae hair, but I suppose we can’t have Joseon ghostbusters running around looking exactly like Iljimae–universes would collide. I’ll just be happy he took the role and not be too greedy. In an interesting twist, newbie actress Go Sung-hee (Miss Korea) is in contention to play the leading lady, after debuting just last year.

read full: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/05/jung-il-woo-go-sung-hee-for-night-watchman

Guest Jung-Fa5oor

[trans] U-Know Yunho, Casting in "Night Watchman"... Transformation into a cool dispasstionate "Man of Pure Love" 

54251452_zps4c0b4bbf.jpg

TVXQ's U-Know Yunho has been cast in MBC's new drama "Night Watchman". 

According to broadcast personnel on 27 May, U-Know Yunho has recently confirmed his appearance in this drama. The role he has been cast in is a "man of pure love" who has a dispassionate / cool-headed and cold personality and although he enjoys a lot of popularity with the ladies with his handsome looks, he is a man of pure love who looks only at one girl. 

This drama has already cast Jung Il Woo earlier. His role is that of a rogue prince who develops the ability to see ghosts.

"Night Watchman" is a drama which portrays the story of a crime-preventing night watchman who catches ghosts in the Joseon period, and through the collaboration of Jung Il Woo and Jung Yunho etc, is anticipated to create an attractive fusion period drama. 

"Night Watchman" is scheduled to be broadcast in July after "Triangle".

http://bit.ly/1jojOmO

via @mug_ping

Netizens hot on comments with yunho's casting... some from dramabeans are really funny...poor yunho..Acting is sure not his cup of tea...It is because he tried too hard and it becomes worse...It makes one cringe out of pity and hope it ends soon for him ..

@yeohweping, thank you for starting this thread.

Thanks everyone for their contributions..
This upcoming drama looks good.
Excited for this new drama with Jung Il-woo... I can totally see him in this role...
I get a kick out of the descriptions sometimes. In that article above that was posted by @Jung-fa5oor, it says about Yunho's character: "

The role he has been cast in is a "man of pure love" who has a dispassionate / cool-headed and cold personality .

Isn't that a contradiction? How can one be fool of love and have a cold personality at the same time??

Yunho becomes sword-wielding Night Watchman

Yunho1.jpg

Read full article on Dramabeans

Viki already built a page for it..Please make sure to click on Favorite...

http://www.viki.com/tv/23594c-the-night-watchman

Viki also requests that we show our interest by filling in this form:

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

TVXQ’s Jung Yunho Cast in “The Night Watchman”

”according to representatives of the broadcasting station, yunho is confirmed to star in the drama wherein he will play the role of a cold hearted, blunt, good.

TVXQ’s Jung Yunho Cast in “The Night Watchman”

TVXQ‘s Jung Yunho will be making his drama comeback in MBC‘s upcoming drama, “The Night Watchman.”

According to representatives of the broadcasting station, Yunho is confirmed to star in the drama wherein he will play the role of a cold-hearted, blunt, good-looking man of a few words who, though popular among the ladies, only has his eyes for one girl.

Yunho is cast alongside Jung Il Woo who will play the role of a prince who can see ghosts.

Set in the Joseon Period, the upcoming drama “The Night Watchman” is a fusion sageuk drama wherein Jung Il Woo and Jung Yunho will be seen as patrol officers who catch ghosts at night.

The filming is set to start next month and the drama is scheduled for broadcast in July, following the MBC drama, “Triangle.

Source: www.soompi.com

Archived