UPDATED-Cozy photo of Elroy and Elva on Instagram

Kai Ko and Elva Hsiao break off relationshipKai Ko and Elva Hsiao break off relationship

Rumour has it that 34-year-old Taiwanese diva Elva Hsiao and her younger beau Kai Ko had recently called it quits.

As reported on Oriental Daily, the couple who have been together since 2012, reportedly have decided to break up amidst speculations that they are planning to get married.

On 30 April, a source claiming to be close to the 22-year-old Kai Ko alleged that the relationship is over and that Elva's previous flirty Instagram messages with designer Jason Shih was the straw that broke the camel's back.

While both stars' agencies refused to make any comment about the breakup, many believed the reports to be true after Kai Ko uploaded a photo of himself with a new haircut, with a caption saying that it is his 'new beginning', while Elva wrote a message thanking friends for being there with her through difficult times.

Source

Elva Hsiao and Kai Ko spotted clubbing togetherThe couple indirectly dismissed rumours about their break-up by showing up in the same club

Taiwanese celebrity couple Elva Hsiao and Kai Ko indirectly dismissed rumours about their break-up by partying at the same club on May 1. The two were spotted leaving the scene one after another that night.

Last June, their relationship was widely speculated to be on the rocks, but the claims were later proven to be false. Earlier this year, Elva and Kai were again rumoured to have split and that they were both seeing someone new. However, the 22-year-old actor was seen visiting his girlfriend’s house in March, which suggested that the couple was still going strong.

The May-December romance (12-year age gap between the two) came to light in January 2012 after Elva and Kai were caught on a movie date. Although both parties have never officially admitted to their relationship, they have been spotted together on numerous occasions at different areas in Taiwan, including parks and night markets.

Source

• 5 weeks later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Are Elva Hsiao and Kai Ko close to breaking up?The celebrity couple’s relationship is said to be once again on the rocks
Taiwanese Mandopop diva Elva Hsiao and her younger Taiwanese-actor beau Kai Ko, are said to have parted ways as they have not met for nearly a month.
The May-December romance, which has a 12-year age gap, was said to have begun in 2012, and Elva only admitted to their relationship last year. Throughout the two years, their relationship were said to be on the rocks several times, as they were seen quarrelling on the streets last year, and Kai was even said to have started an affair with a fashion boutique owner.
Due to their busy work schedules, word spread that they have not met for a month, though both were in Taiwan. Elva was not present at Kai’s family vacation at the Pescadores last month, unlike a previous occasion in February when she joined their Bali holiday. All these sparked rumours that their relationship has entered a shaky stage again.
An insider revealed that Elva appeared to be out of sorts when she recorded her song ‘Gan Shang’ (Dare to Hurt) recently, and only managed a decent recording after six attempts.
The lyrics also appeared to verbalise her feelings, as there were a few lines that went: “Why do you not dare to hurt when you have the courage to love; your sweet nothings are coupled with lies… It’s after so much agony and tears that you ask if I’m okay.”
In response to the rumours, Elva’s management said: “Elva has always put in a lot of effort into her recording, and it has nothing to do with personal issues.”Source

• 2 weeks later...

class="headline" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 1.21em; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kai Ko bad mouths Elva Hsiao on FacebookKai Ko bad mouths Elva Hsiao on Facebook

Taiwanese actor Kai Ko was recently condemned for a series of Facebook posts, which he wrote under a different pseudonym to criticise his ex-girlfriend, Elva Hsiao.

According to Yes Entertainment, the actor, who recently announced his single status, created a new Facebook account under the name "Impulsive Ko" and complained about his relationship, which was supposedly directed at Elva.

In one of the posts, Impulsive Ko wrote, "You were not able to record your sad songs because Tremor (the Mandarin word for "Tremor" is pronounced similar to Kai Ko's Chinese name, Zhendong) is cheating on you, so it was confirmed that he is indeed cheating. Amazing! How come none of the reporters wrote about how I broke down during filming? How long are you going to play the role of a sad person who has been cheated on?"

He also hinted that Elva used to visit night clubs with her male friends, saying, "XX often visits night clubs with her godbrothers, how come none of it was reported?"

Impulsive Ko even allegedly mocked Elva as being calculative, scheming and jealous, calling her "a disgrace to Christianity".

When Ko was asked regarding the Facebook posts, his manager denied and refused to confirm the identity of Impulsive Ko, despite the fact that some of his friends have indirectly admitted it.

Meanwhile, the infamous Facebook account has since been deleted.

Source

class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"A painful 23rd birthday for Kai KoThe Taiwanese actor shared an emotional post on InstagramKai Ko

The breakup of Taiwanese celebrity couple Elva Hsiao and Kai Ko has been the talk of the town recently. Amid his two-timing scandal, the You Are the Apple of My Eye star celebrated his 23rd birthday on Wednesday (Jun 18).
Sharing his thoughts on Instagram, Kai wrote: “It’s a painful and insightful birthday this year. I’m upset, but I will treasure everything I have. I was serious, I worked hard and I put in effort. I just hope that we can leave the 22-year-old boy behind.”
“There are times when I am childish, so I wish to improve. I’m not sure if I would be able to handle all issues with maturity in future, but I’d continue to use a sincere heart to face everything,” he added.
The actor also expressed his gratitude for the concern and encouragement showered upon him, saying that he would humbly accept all criticisms and attacks. “I’ve learned a harsh lesson. I don’t know if I can stride proudly ahead like I used to, but at least we’ve all grown from this,” said Kai.
During Kai’s birthdays in the past, Elva had been the one throwing parties for her young beau. This year, however, the actor reportedly did not have any big celebration though he took the day off work.
To date, Elva has yet to comment on the breakup.Elva Hsiao
Source

• 2 months later...

class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"Elva Hsiao reveals reason for split from Kai KoThe Taiwanese singer said the two had differing mindsets towards handling issues
Close to nine months after her split from Taiwanese actor Kai Ko, songbird Elva Hsiao finally revealed the actual reason behind that decision. She said Kai had hoped for her to let go of her idol-status and be free of all burdens when spending time with him.
However, Elva insisted she has her own way of thinking and refused to be someone under his control. Also, the 35-year-old emphasised her age gap between herself and 23-year-old Kai, and the way they handled matters were greatly influenced by friends of the same age, causing them to drift apart.
Her family and friends were also worried over the May-December romance, indirectly putting pressure on her. But she has never regretted being in a two-year relationship with Kai and firmly believes in “having the courage to love if the feeling is right”.
Currently dating rumoured beau Elroy Cheo, Elva’s relationship status has been in the limelight and she admitted to feeling stressed over the public gaze. Kai and Elva were previously said to be “better off as strangers” after the split but she has been encouraging him on social media after his drug abuse case.Source

• 2 months later...

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Cozy photo of Elroy and Elva on InstagramCosy photo of Elroy and Elva on Instagram

6 Dec – It seems that Vanness Wu's brother-in-law, Elroy Cheo is finally ready to take things public with his rumoured girlfriend, Taiwanese singer Elva Hsiao.

Two days ago, the 30-year-old Singaporean businessman and brother to Arrisa Cheo had posted a photo of him and Elva together on Instagram, with one arm around her shoulders and another on her bare legs that were resting on his.

The intimate pose of the pair in the photo, who before this have been spotted spending time together multiple times, might now suggest confirmation that they are indeed dating.

Neither has come forth to publicly confirm their relationship thus far, but friends close to the pair did not deny that Elroy and Elva are in fact a couple, according to Apple Daily.

The Instagram photo to date has over 12,202 likes and 865 comments.

According to Apple Daily, the photo was taken at the mass birthday celebration of actress Cheryl Yang and other December born friends.

The pair have been hanging out together after 35-year-old Elva had broken up with "You're The Apple Of My Eye" actor Kai Ko early this year.

Source

Archived