What do you do with old clothes?

Guest jolive213

Guest jolive213

What do you do with old clothes... or the new clothe but you don't like them...
I always search someone who can wear them, and give to him...  But honestly speaking I have to put too much effort to search such person... Some time it take months to search the people...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mitty

I have several options depending on the clothes. 1) Sell/trade them  2) DIY them! I saw a lot of creative and interesting ideas that I want to try out! :D 3) Donate them. 

Guest jabeum

I usually throw them away if they're old, but recently find other people to give them to if they're in good condition. If I don't wear them, then I sell them depending on the style, etc.

I stuff them all in my closet and wait til I have to spring clean or be forced to clean it. I would like to donate all the ugly crap that other people give me. Sometimes I just put it all in a large trash bag and throw it away. Although, if I like the fabric of old clothes, I put it away so I could make clothes for my teddy bear or my cat.

Guest elleaych

My old clothes are just hanging out in my closet. I don't want to throw it out because what if I suddenly want to wear it.

Guest lovechuppies

Pleaseee don't throw them away! Even if they are in terrible condition! H&M and DoSomething.org are partnering up and collecting all forms of clothings that you no longer want or need! The good clothings will be sold to second hand stores and the money raised from that will be donated to charity.

Other clothings (ripped, stained, dirty) can STILL be donated as they will recycle them to other materials! :)

If you bring a bag of clothes to your local H&M, they will give you a 15% coupon! So really you got nothing to lose!

Check out their campaign here

Guest shooting_stars

First, I try to find anyone who might want what I'm giving away, and if I can't, I usually donate my clothes, but if there was an item that was extremely expensive, I'll resell them at secondhand stores (I don't do that often, though. :P).

Guest youngwerther

I usually give away my clothes to my friends or to op shops - if there are some especially nice things then I might list them online or sell them at a market if I can be bothered. If all your friends are a similar size/style then you could also host a clothes swap and trade clothes.

Archived