What happen to regional forums and sub forums like cars and tech, etc...

FAC

After a long hiatus and having nothing to do, I decided to read and post at soompi again.  What happen to the regional and sub forums.  Will they every come back?  If they don't, do we just post everything in general discussion?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Soompi staff removed some of the less populated forums. Either completely, or merged them with others.Anime & games got merged with non Korean entertainment, as far as I know.
Think Soompi staff should be more transparent with their updates, as it affects hundreds, if not thousands of users. 

• 2 months later...
Guest knockblock

Most sections on the forum are less populated now. I explained what the deal is in the 'Soompi no more?' thread. People spend time on the internet at a higher volume compared to before. Viewers can get bored more easily because of the fact. The sections that still have high frequency are the ones where threads have gone on for gazillion pages, posts get buried, and people can keep making simple posts.

What happened to some of the sub-forums/regional forums? Some went out of business, while others got merged with another. The ones that got abolished didn't garner much interest. I saw the tech and car sections before they got destroyed. The threads in them were redundant, the threads caused an echo. They didn't supply variety in the type of threads made by users to keep them running and be interesting. The humor section got destroyed, but I don't see why that one did. I think it has a good case for coming back though. As for the section mergers, some of them I agree on while others I do not. High school and college combined together into school zone. The home and decor merged with the artwork section. As pointed out, the anime/manga and games section merged with non Korean tv/movies/books and non Korean music. I'm not sure which section sports combined with. These are the ones I know.

The results displayed are what the staff came up with. There are drawbacks. For every solution you try to make, you might be creating another problem. The anime/manga and artwork section were two sections I liked. They were better off on their own, and they feel diluted now.

Activity has been suffering for a while. It's very clear to me, the forum needs a new direction and a new vision.

Archived