Karen Gillan's hair donated to Star Wars 7

sugarplum892

Karen Gillan's shaved hair has been donated to Star Wars Episode VII.
The Doctor Who actress has revealed that her red hair could feature in JJ Abrams's upcoming sequel.
Actress Karen Gillan speaks at Marvel's 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' panel during Comic-Con International 2013 at San Diego Convention Center on July 20, 2013 in San Diego, California

She revealed her shaved head at Comic-Con International last year for her role as Nebula in James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy.
When asked by Collider if she was upset when her head was shaved, she said: "No, I was laughing hysterically.
"It really hit me when I woke up the next morning. That's when I was like, 'Oh my God, where's my hair?!' But also, everyone kept me in good spirit. Everyone was laughing and telling jokes. Marvel are the best company to work for, they really are. They treat you really well.
Karen Gillan as Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy

"They made my hair into the most incredible well-made wig and they gave it to the Star Wars people. It's just so funny to think that my hair is made into a wig, next to all these Star Wars monster heads in a warehouse. I thought that was really funny."
Abrams and Lucasfilm are yet to officially announce any castings for Star Wars Episode VII.
Lupita Nyong'o, Michael Fassbender, Gary Oldman, Adam Driver and Hugo Weaving have all been named as potential stars.
Karen Gillan arrives at the screening of Relativity Media's 'Oculus' at TLC Chinese 6 Theatres

Original trilogy stars Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford are expected to reprise their roles. Chewbacca (Peter Mayhew) and droids C-3PO (Anthony Daniels) and R2-D2 (Kenny Baker) are also likely to return.
Star Wars: Episode VII is scheduled for release on December 18, 2015.
Source

Archived