Celebrities and plastic surgeries?

Guest freebies

Guest freebies

In the last couple of days I got interested and interested in why celebrities get plastic surgeries. It seems a lot of persons/celebrities get plastic surgeries or are rumored to get. I heart, but don't know if it's true that Lee Min Ho actually got an eyelid surgery. I don't know if this is true or not (in my opinion everyone can do whatever they want), but I'm curios about a couple of things:
- why do celebrities get plastic surgeries? Are they required too?- why do you think there are so many rumors regarding celebrities and plastic surgeries?- what type of plastic surgery would you get if you have the money?

Some celebrities get plastic surgery as their looks are always put out on display in public; wherever they go paparazzis follow. It can become a confidence killer when they feel embarrassed about a certain feature on their face/body, so they just decide to go under the knife. Plus they have the money to afford it.

To answer your second question, there's always some speculation about celebs getting plastic surgery, especially those who may have gotten their start in their younger years. This is because faces DO change over time, either due to baby fat going away or even braces can sometimes change the jaw shape, leading to people to come to conclusions of surgery.

I'd like to say I love everything about my looks, but I'll be honest I have pondered the thought of plastic surgery. I am confident in how I look, but it would be nice to slim down my face a little if I had the money. My cheeks have always annoyed me!

Guest Hearted

freebies

said:- why do celebrities get plastic surgeries? Are they required too?- why do you think there are so many rumors regarding celebrities and plastic surgeries?- what type of plastic surgery would you get if you have the money?

• 2 months later...
Guest calendar

1) sometimes the company the idols are signed to require them to get plastic surgery, and they do, because they signed the agreement and all... Also, in asia, getting plastic surgery isn't as big a deal as in America or anywhere else, so it might just be a go-with-the-flow-thing. Like, seriously, in Korea, it's common to have parents who say stuff like "if you do well on your final, we'll pay for your jaw shaving!" or, like, "If you get into that university, you can get your nose done!"

2) Well, actually, pretty much all idols have undergone plastic surgery, even if it is just double eyelid surgery or something small like that, but everyone wants to be naturally beautiful, right? So sometimes idols lie about getting plastic surgery like "oh no no, this is natural" but the media finds out, and the star has to publicly apologize (this has happened multiple times). So I guess the whole celebrities-and-plastic-surgery-rumors are mostly just there to oust the stars and make everyone else feel better (like, "phew, so nobody's born THAT perfect," y'know?)
3) I don't think I'd get any plastic surgery if I had the money for it~ i'd probably spend the money some other way (am I allowed to do that? lol)... hmmm I'd dye my hair or something... ^O^

Guest zelda4u

i think its not just celebs, so many people are doing it nowadays in korea that it has become more acceptable. In terms of why there are rumours, i think its just the media's way of getting people to read their content. It understands the fact that a lot of people are considering getting one, and it knows that the public generally looks up to celebs as role models, so put in a rumour here and there and all of a sudden they get a buzz and hits/page views in their magazines,articles, and what not :) 

Guest glamazon21

- There can be a number of reasons as to why they get plastic surgery, I think for entertainers there is a lot of pressure to get cosmetic surgeries done. Entertainment companies are at the end of the day, a business and this business is trying to make money, by having talented people signed to them. If the people running the show (managers, executives, marketers etc.) think that if their employee can be better-looking and more appealing or marketable then they will encourage plastic surgery. We may not like to admit it, but good looks sell and brings in money. It should also be noted that in countries like China, South Korea, Japan, Thailand, Singapore etc. it appears it is more and more common to have procedures done, it isn't as taboo in comparison to somewhere like North America.  - People like to gossip, the media and the public love to rip people apart and pick at their every "flaw". Celebrities get criticized for not being natural, however I can kind of understand when the public/media are upset when the agency or celebrity claim they are completely surgery-free, when they aren't really. However it's not reason to attack anyone.- I would probably get my nose done, I do like my nose now and I've grown to love it. But the thought of a higher nose bridge has been in the back of my mind for like five years now, and I have a good feeling that one day I'm probably going to get it done. Although if I never do it wouldn't bother me that much, but I might regret never doing it :P

• 9 months later...
Guest WillardRamirez

You think Megan Fox looked better before? I think most get surgery because the entertainment industry is really shallow and celebs need to look as perfect as possible. Blake Lively got implants and a nose Job and pretty much every women that is considered beautiful has had work done from Natilie Portman, Mila Kunis, Angelina Jolie and Scarlet Johanson  even supermodel Gisele to name a few. It reminds me that most of the standards we have for beauty are unrealistic and few are born that way.

Guest baldguy

Not only celebrities, there are so many people whom are getting plastic surgery today. Bcz they need a perfect look. Which will give them confidence to their normal & mainly to their professional life. And i think it's cost will be high. Recently a magazine published an article about the percentage of plastic surgery between the men & women. Impressively men are on 65%. So you can say that man are more aware about fashion then women.

Archived