My favourite skin care products for: acne, breakouts, blackheads and rough skin

Guest nairu

Guest nairu

Hey guys!
Just to give you some background:

• I've always been a skincare addict and I've been through tons and tons of products, from drugstore to branded to prescribed, you name it.
  • I had pretty bad acne for years and they're pretty much all gone except for the few prior to the monthly periods.
  • Since I've gotten rid of my acne, I've tried a lot of new products in order to get rid of acne scarring, blemishes and the like
A bit about my skin:
  • Prior to puberty, it was smooth and silky (like most kid's). During puberty, I started getting really bad pimples, especially on my forehead as a result of having bangs - and once they were there, they were really hard to get rid of.
  • I squeezed, scratched, popped and did everything possible to get rid of pesky pimples. It was pretty much an addiction - it left scarring and darker areas on my skin, and left a lot of my forehead bumpy and simply just not very nice. I knew that and continued to do it. 
  • Prior to finally not getting acne anymore, I tried many things. This included spending pretty much 3 months indoors, didn't touch my face, washed twice a day and kept my fringe up constantly. It helped a little, but wasn't that great (about staying indoors for months, it was because I'm addicted to the internet...). I was also on antibiotics for years on and off. I believe they stopped the acne from getting totally out of hand, but they couldn't stop the large & constant breakouts. I also used benzyl peroxide creams of from 10-30%, which in my opinion, left my skin in worse condition despite getting rid of the acne.
  • My acne was NOT cystic acne. So I'm not sure how well it would work for you guys. I would post pictures of my acne, but I don't have any since I simply just hated taking photos. 
So here are my 6 favourite products: P.S. Sorry they're all Australian links! Just google the name if they don't work.
Product 1: Clearasil (Ultra), Rapid Action Cream Wash (http://www.clearasil.com.au/rapid-action-cream-wash)Product 2: Pure Beauty, Pomegranate Antioxidant Toner (http://www.purebeautyinternational.com/purebeauty/SkinCare.do)Product 3: Pure Beauty, Pomegranate Antioxidant Exfoliating Gel (http://www.purebeautyinternational.com/purebeauty/SkinCare.do)

These 3 products were what caused my acne to clear. I used the first 2 up to 3 times a day - morning, in the afternoon when I got back home, and right before I slept. The 3rd product, I used once a week, to exfoliate my skin. It removed dead skin - and the most amazing thing was, it was one of those products where the skin would gather up and be visible in your hand (have you ever tried rubbing your back when wet before soaping, and all this dead skin comes off onto your hands? It's just like that). In addition, I minimised the use of make up - in fact I almost never wore any skin make up, and I avoided using any sort of moisturiser as my skin would get super oily and create pimples. I also changed my pillow case at least once a week. This was basically all I was doing. I had pimples when I started, but they went away after a week, I got a few more over the next few weeks, but a month later, they were pretty much all gone. And since then, I would get break outs now and then. The breakouts would be worse when I eat really oily foods e.g. McDonalds (but sometimes, you just crave them!). I only use Product 2 (the toner) and Product 3 (the exfoliator) nowadays as I have a new cleanser which I feel is better for me now!
Product 4: Lush, Dark Angels Cleanser (https://www.lush.com.au/shop/product/product&product_id=266)
This is definitely my most favourite current product. I picked it up a while ago because it felt great and I just loved the black color. Turns out, it is great for breakouts. I was in the midst of a breakout when I first bought it, because nothing I was using was working to minimise my before-period breakout so I decided to try a new product. Within the next few days, all my pimples were gone - and my period had not even started (sorry for the nitty gritty, girls will understand). In fact, right after I cleansed, my pimples which were round and sore - but those types that feel like they're deep under the skin - had had the dirt rise up to the surface of my skin, and I squeezed them out with hardly any pressure. These pimples - from experience - would have taken a week to ripen up before they would have gotten squeezable like that (and squeezing is bad, by the way. If you have the self control, don't do it. It's easier for the skin to heal from a pimple if you don't scratch or squeeze it. The less you touch it, the better).*
Product 5: Aesop, B Triple C Balancing Gel (http://www.aesop.com/au/skin-care-1/hydrate/b-triple-c-facial-balancing-gel.html?show_banner=1)
This is on the expensive side, I have to say. It is the most expensive out of this list, but this product makes your skin silky smooth overnight. I'm not even joking. Because it's expensive, if you live around an Aesop store, ask for a sample to try it out before you invest. It is thick, and it is a honey-like texture. It feels sticky but absorbs into your skin pretty well. Don't wear it at day time because it's way too sticky for that. I put it on at night before and in the morning, I simply rinse my face with water, before cleansing and toner. You will literally not be able to stop touching your face because of its silky softness. I remember the first time I used it, I had comments from friends about how great my skin looked when I saw them the next day, and I had not even mentioned a thing about trying out a new product.
Product 6: Bioglo, ClearPore Deep Cleansing Mask (http://www.ecosway.com/nzstore/nz/ProductDetails_nz.jsp?prodId=74177)
This product is actually freaking interesting - and works really well. It's for blackheads and whiteheads and cleans out your pores. I usually use it on my nose and chin. It's similar to blackhead strips, but it comes as a paint-like textured cream. You put it on, let it set, then peel it off. It's even better if you take a shower beforehand, so your pores are nice and open from the steam, so when you paint it on, it gets deep in, and can pull out all the impurities that stick to it. Have a look at the website linked above for images on it!
So there we go! My 6 favourite products. :) Please ask me any questions you have about any of my experiences or the products I have listed. I've also tried out way more products, so if you want some more recommendations, I am happy to give them, but these are by far my favourite price from the literally loads of products I've tried.

Guest jolive213

I appreciate your patience. But I am wonder, does someone really use too much products? Why to use number of products if you have one solutions for all.Here is "Jarvis Cream & Serum" in market. It is unique solution of all skin problems. Current survey showed that it help to rid of 90% skin problems.I am not saying because it is written on website. It is my personal experience too. Earlier I finished clinical trial of this product.Good Luck!

• 5 months later...
Guest netgear

Like you, I use to have a lot of skin care products, which I used too much causing me to have dryer skin and more acne because I've been stripping off the natural oil by exfoliating too much.
But now I use:
Acne: benzoyl peroxide or tea tree oil
Cleanser: cetaphil cleanser (what I use most often)
Exfoliating scrub: st ives apricot scrub
Face mask for whiteheads/blackheads: daiso charcoal face mask

But guys, if you eat right and sleep right, you won't be needing all these products. :)

Archived