How do you get your face white?

Rip Tide

Guest anniecoww

1) Avoid the sun. Although this may be difficult depending on your lifestyle, it's pretty much the only way.  Eventually, your tan will naturally fade over time.  Also, I've heard that sunscreen only protects against sunburns, and does nothing to prevent tanning (someone please correct me if I'm mistaken)2) Use whitening creams/sheet masks/exfoliation/beauty products? There are plenty of products available online, many of which are asian brands :)3) Makeup and photoshop (yes, this is kind of cheating, but I decided to include them anyways haha)4) Become a vampire.  Hohoho.
Good luck! :)
ps- okay yeah, I know that I am hella tan and don't seem like a reliable answerer for this question, but it's because I'm in marching band and stopped caring about keeping my skin pale :b

Guest dreamcaptor22

Honestly, a lot of your skin colour is determined by your genetics. The best thing you can do is try and stay out of the sun. Good luck ^^

Guest LunaT

Avoid sunlight/use sunscreen, whitening face masks + lots of Vitamin C! It works for me, after keeping the routine for months and years. My skin is now 3 shades lighter than before. However, my skin will definitely go back to a shade or two darker if I stop wearing sunscreen and exposed myself to the sun for long - it's not permanent. 
Remember this is not something that you can achieve in a matter of a couple of days/weeks. If it does it's too good to be true. 

I use the Kojic Acid Skin Lightening Soap (The orange bar) and it has worked wonders for me. I use it all over my body, including my face, and it has significantly lightened my skin at least 2-3 shades. I naturally had really pale skin when I was little, but playing out in the Sun as a kid = super tan skin ahaha. I gradually used the soap on my face as it is a strong product, so I would maybe test the soap around your neck area beforehand just in case your skin has an allergic reaction or is too sensitive. 
Other than that, listen to the other users above and use sunscreen, stay out of the Sun whenever possible, etc. The process of lightening my skin wasn't overnight, it took about 1-2 years to become paler. Good Luck!

Guest Hades1430292066

@Mookstache 1-2 years? I read a lot of reviews about the soap saying people saw results around 2 months in :o. But some did specify that they used it everyday, ouch! I recently bought it and it leaves my decolletage a little red and itchy lol.
Back to the Q, whitening products and exfoliation goes hand in hand. The active ingredients won't be able to work at its best if you have a layer of dead skin in the way. For your body I highly recommend a Korean Italy Towel. They're super common in Korea and gets the dead skin off better than products do. Don't use it on your face however since it's too harsh, just continue using the products you have for your face. You should be able to find them in a lot of asian stores/markets (or at least that's the case in Brisbane). If not, you can buy them online but they're cheaper in stores.

@Mookstache 1-2 years? I read a lot of reviews about the soap saying people saw results around 2 months in

:o

. But some did specify that they used it everyday, ouch!

Guest gisellaaa

I usually just stay the hell away from the sun and wear sunscreen. I also use whitening products (right now I'm using Hada Labo's Shirojyun line of skincare) and scrub weekly. I used to have a tan face but by staying away from the sun and taking care of my skin (which used to be oily - and oily skin can make your face look darker) I now have a brighter looking face. BUT it took me 2 years to get to this lol. So have patience and you will have a brighter face. 

Guest Hearted

Mookstache said: I use the Kojic Acid Skin Lightening Soap (The orange bar) and it has worked wonders for me. I use it all over my body, including my face, and it has significantly lightened my skin at least 2-3 shades. I naturally had really pale skin when I was little, but playing out in the Sun as a kid = super tan skin ahaha. I gradually used the soap on my face as it is a strong product, so I would maybe test the soap around your neck area beforehand just in case your skin has an allergic reaction or is too sensitive. 
Other than that, listen to the other users above and use sunscreen, stay out of the Sun whenever possible, etc. The process of lightening my skin wasn't overnight, it took about 1-2 years to become paler. Good Luck!

Guest ex0ternal

tumblr_inline_n4ipu1nEWL1s2pgjl.jpg
I used GT Moisturizing Cream and in just 1 week I see visibly-whiter results. Use it once a day, or twice a day for faster results. Use it on the face.

Guest ~eyesmile~ ^^

Just wondering, are there any products you can use for whitening the skin that are not very detrimental and work with sensitive skin? There is sun eveywhere in the part of the world where I live, and unfortunately I'm allergic to sunscreen (I get a rash whenever I apply it on my skin!)Thanks! ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Archived