[Drama 2014] Fated To Love You, 운명처럼 널 사랑해

Go Seung Ji

Guest fiovial

Been off soompi for more than 2 years but had to come back with news of this drama :) . I don't remember my old password so had to create a new one. If there's any Hyuk fans from long time ago it's me o-cha. 
Yay! Finally a confirmation that both of them are doing the drama. I still have fond memories of Success Story of A Bright Girl. 
So wait...are the character names Lee Gun and Kim Mi Young or Lee Hyun Soo and Kang Yoon Kyung? I think DC Jang Hyuk is going by Lee Hyun Soo...but of course that can still change....

Another unnecessarily dragged on drama (for ratings). I like the first episode even though it was draggy but then they killed my "like" for it. Let's see what Korea does with this story. But it's quite an outdated story though (pregnancy leading to a forced marriage).

Guest fiovial

True the storyline seems dated so hopefully the 2 writers (Joo Chan Ok and Jo Jin Gook) can breathe a new life to this adaptation. I adore the drama Soulmate so I have some faith on Jo Jin Gook.  

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sunshine4ever

[Exclusive] Choi Jin Hyuk to Chase After Jang Nara in ‘Fated to Love You’

FQZ8tEz.jpg

Choi Jin Hyuk has finally decided on his next project.

According to multiple broadcasting affiliates, Choi Jin Hyuk has confirmed to star in MBC’s upcoming drama Fated to Love You.

Choi Jin Hyuk will be taking on a character who has a crush on Jang Nara and quietly holds his hand out whenever she goes through difficulty. As Choi Jin Hyuk has revealed that he will be enlisting in the army later this year, a lot of attention has been on which project will be choosing before he goes to the army. 

Fated to Love You is based on a Taiwanese drama of the same name that gained great success in 2008. 

It is a romantic comedy drama depicting the story of an ordinary girl who forcefully gets married to the heir to a large company and lead a roller coaster life, as they slowly realize their destined love. 

Apart from Choi Jin Hyuk, Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk have also been cast in the lead roles. 

Photo credit: Newsen

Source: Newsen

Thanks @yoeda for the news at Choi Jin Hyuk's thread. Thread reopened per requested as there is a third cast confirmed.

At last! I've been waiting for this to be re-opened since this morning! kekeke. Thanks mod!!! More news...

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara to Reunite in Drama ‘Fated to Love You’
Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara are coming together again in the same drama after 12 years.

MBC’s upcoming drama Fated to Love You has confirmed Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara as its leads and will be broadcasting in the summer of 2014. 

Fated to Love You is the remake of a 2008 Taiwanese drama of the same title, which earned the average viewership rating of 10.2 percent, setting the highest rating record in the country at the time. 

Jang Hyuk will be playing the role of ‘Lee Gun,’ the only son for nine generations in a rich family who is pressured to get married and have a child by the elders of the family.

Jang Nara will be acting as ‘Kim Mi Young,’ an ordinary woman with no charm, no lover and no wealth, who coincidentally earns a fancy travel package and falls into the trap of a plot during the trip. 

The drama has been getting attention as its stars Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara, who starred in SBS’s A Bright Girl’s Success Story in 2002, which recorded the whopping viewership rating of 42.6%. 

Meanwhile, Fated to Love You is set to air in the summer of 2014, following Reformation

Photo credit: The Tic Toc
Mwave
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Jang Hyuk & Jang Nara Confirm The Appearance On ‘Fated to Love You’
Actor Jang Hyuk and Jang Nara have confirmed their appearance on ‘Fated to Love You’, a new drama on MBC.
‘Fated to Love You’ is about an ordinary woman with no other charms but only kindness accidentally becomes pregnant and go through unwanted marriage with a chaebol heir, and finds destined live through the marriage, at the end.
This drama is a remake of a Taiwanese drama in same title, in 2008. The drama recorded the highest rating in Taiwan historically with average rating of 10.2%. This is equivalent to rating of 70~80% in Korea.
Since Jang Hyun and Jang Nara have worked together on ‘Success Story of a Bright Girl” in 2002, which was a complete success, their reunion attracts much interest and expectation.
So far, it is planning to be broadcasted during the second half of this year.
Reporter: Jawon Lee
Courtesy of Tik Toktenasia

More! :D

Jang Hyeok and Jang Nara to co-star in "Fated to Love You"
Actor Jang Hyeok and actress Jang Nara are acting together for the first time in 12 years.
They have been cast for the new MBC drama "Fated to Love You".
"Fated to Love You" is a Taiwanese original. It's a romantic comedy about a woman who has nothing but kindness and a man who is at risk of losing his heirloom by getting into a marriage which they both don't want.
Jang Nara takes on the role of the woman who has no attraction, no boyfriend and no wealth but has an opportunity to go on a luxurious trip.
"Fated to Love You" is produced by Lee Dong-yoon and written by Jo Jin-gook.
Jang Hyeok and Jang Nara starred in the 2002 drama "The Successful Story Of A Bright Girl" which holds the record of 42.6%.
Meanwhile, MBC drama "Fated to Love You" will be broadcasted after "A New Leaf".
SourceHanCinema
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Fictional couple reunites after 12 years
photo421643.jpg

Actors Jang Hyeok and Jang Nara will rendezvous after 12 years apart, on the upcoming MBC drama "Fated to Love You".
Yesterday, MBC announced through a press release that the famous on-screen couple will appear in its new rom-com. 
"Fated to Love You" is based on the 2008 Taiwanese drama with the same title and follows the love story of Lee Geon and Kim Mi-young, who do not have anything in common. 
Born to a well-to-do family, Lee Geon (played by Jang Hyeok) is an egocentric man faced with pressure from his parents to get married early. Mi-young is a girl-next-door character who gets entangled in a conflict with Jang Hyeok after winning a ticket to travel abroad.
Korean drama fans showed an interest in the news because Jang and Hyeok's 2002 drama, "The Successful Story Of A Bright Girl", enjoyed incredibly high viewer ratings of 42.6 percent.
MBC added that the drama will be directed by Lee Dong-yoon, who was behind the 2011 hit drama series "The Greatest Love" featuring Kong Hyo-jin and Cha Seung-won. 
The exact air date for the series has not yet been confirmed.
SourceHanCinema

Thank you Drama God! So happy and excited for 2014 caused all my favourite OTPs are coming back again with
Lee Jun Ki & Nam Sang Mi (in Joseon Gunman) and now Jang Hyuk & Jang Na Ra  & Choi Jin Hyuk (my latest crush)...*squeal*... :bz

OMG! I will definitely be blessed with *Happy Dilemmas* to  ship which Hyukies with Nara - Jang Hyuk with Nara or Jin Hyuk with Nara..why oh why, my 2 Hyukies are giving me happy dilemmas...oh my poor shippy heart?!  :-SS  ;):D

I can't believe that it had been almost a decade ago I've shipped Jang Hyuk & Nara in *The Successful Story of a Bright Girl*..oh that sounded pretty old!  Loved their cute & sweet chemistry in Bright Girl and always hoping they'll have the chance to work again ! Luckily, fans don't even have to photoshop their image together we just need to dig up their old photo in those Bright Girl's days...really good old days!    See I don't have to PS them together... 

OMG They are really young then!

adszlllh.png
photo7744wy9.jpg
photo7751ne5.jpg

Credit to respective owners

I just went to lookup *Bright Girl* at soompi thread and I found my really old thread, I don't even remembered that I'm the One who've started the thread under my old user name *Yeekrfan* here:

Joyful Girl's Success Story

ScreenShot2014-04-23at102534PM.png

I can't believe this thread still existed...oh dear I've deleted those photos from my photobucket and sob it's all gone now...sigh!   :(

Ahhhhhhhhh i expect to have yet again a big crush on Chae Jin Hyuk...if he accept the role his character in the original was such a awesome guy,prepare yourselves to cry for himThis cast gets better and better,quite curious how the korean writers will deal with the plot and the whole baby thing knowing that they aren't sooo liberal as taiwanease dramas are in many respects also in relationship view...and i'm also expecting to see how Jang Hyuk will bring to life Eathen Ruan character that didn't really know about love and had this childish side that made him see things more immature than what this character will have to be with the character age....If we think about it Chae Jin Hyuk image goes better with the lead character but strangly i want to see how will they modele the character for Jang Hyuk,so i'm keeping fingers crossed it will be goodeven so they have big shoes to feel in respect of this drama and actors but i also think they could take this premise and give it's own life and make the characters their own so i hope it will be good...

Guest mdolphins

I haven't watched the Tw version yet, but I am completely on board for this project now that Choi Jin Hyuk has signed up for the second lead. I know this journey is going to end in heartbreak for his character, but I will be watching this one until the end. Do you think the writers could give him a consolation prize second lead female to ease his heartache when he isn't the one she chooses. I don't want to see him end up all alone.

Also, aren't the leads kind of short, isn't he going to tower over them?

Like so many of you, I look forward to seeing what kind of changes to the plot the writer/director make to this storyline.

Guest Cielo Azul

totally love Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk. but I fear for the first male lead character.
In TW version, Ji Cun Xi was a total jerk, childish, pompous, mean bastard but we tend to forgive him and let it slide because he was still young, immature and just about to learn about life from Xin Yi and her family. He then changed to be a better man in second half of the series.  So how can a character pushing 40 (Jang Hyuk) pull off all this? Ethan Ruan pulled it off brilliantly and he was 26, just the right age boy turning into man when all can be forgiven :P .
but korean version might change a bit.. so yeah.. i'll keep tab because did i mention i love Jang Hyuk ang Jang Nara? 
ps: Fated to Love You IS brilliant. Not just because of its ridiculous mega ratings but how it affects millions around the world. Wall Street Journal wrote about it once. I guess if you are used to the language and culture you tend to understand it better and love it more.  I remember being part of the craze in 2008 and it was a lot of fun.. all the laughs and tears.. i still rewatch it from time to time and it still gives me the same effect like it did 6 years ago.. we are soo gonna experience second lead syndrome because the second male character is an angel  :)

Guest Yi0481

Popping by because i think JH and CJH are great at what they do. But I just read the plot summary for the Taiwanese version..... And omg. I don't know if I can take another second lead syndrome thing. Seriously. :-S it is NOT good for the heart!

@Miky88‌ yes I share your same hope too - that they give it an update, and make the characters their own. I was a bit disappointed with the movie remake Cold Eyes because they used such similar characters it was hard not to compare. I mean, simon Yam was great. Hard to beat him. But Jung Woo Sung was flipping awesome. Totally owned it. I hope JH and CJH will be able to own the characters here too!