Any girls out there that don't wear make up and look naturally decent/acceptable?

xfruityx

I'm a girl who grew up without the knowledge of make-up.  My mom was extremely strict with me wearing no make up and basically only lipstick.  So I've never worn make-up for practically my middle school and high school years and part of my univ. years.  As of now, I am still not wearing make up but I feel like almost every girl wears make up now and all my friends that I feel so ugly next to them just because I don't wear make up.    Like its no joke, I feel extremely self conscious. I dont have acne or anything and I guess my mom kind of gifted me with her skin, but I just feel like I'm so out of place and ugly compared to my friends who wear makeup. 
Is there anyone out there who doesnt wear make-up? Like when I mean no make-up I mean not even mascara, etc. just completely bare face for every single day of life. haha... Just wondering. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest deeellely

Hi!
I do wear makeup sometimes...rarely. Even though I wear makeup, I actually suck at it :/ I didn't start wearing makeup until my second/third year of college. So it's been 1-2 years since I started but I still can't put on eyeliner or mascara correctly. It's also because I rarely wear makeup too.. I get so lazy but it's okay since I don't really need makeup anyways. I wear makeup like once a month or once every full moon aahhaha! I don't have acne or anything like that but I enjoy wearing makeup because I get to be creative :D But I don't really need it. My boyfriend doesn't want me to wear makeup either. A lot of guys actually prefer girls who can look pretty without makeup. 
If you don't have acne, then you are blessed with nice skin. I don't think you should be self-conscious about your clear skin! Trust me, girl, you should be glad you don't need it :) A lot of girls are jealous of girls who don't need makeup. Makeup can make your skin age faster too. I hope this helps? :) Good luck!

Ha it depends on what you take as naturally decent! 
I don't normally wear any makeup at all and I think I'm just used to it so whilst I definitely look a bit more lively with make-up on, when I don't wear any I think I just look...normal. 
I think it's better to be ok with your natural/bare face rather than rely on make-up everyday. There are people that cannot go out without make up and its a shame that they need to put stuff on their face to feel confident. 

i'm turning 21 this year and i don't wear make up. :)my friends do wear make up, but i've become comfortable in my own skin and accepting that i don't need it.heck, even my family friend who's in grade 10 has more make up than me!
i think it's just your habits.once you start wearing it, you'll feel the need to wear it constantly.
besides, the benefits of not wearing makeup is the amount of freedom your skin feels.my friends always complain the need of wiping away all the foundation/makeup off their face for their skin to breathe again. 
and you saying you have clear skin, that's the best kind of 'makeup' you need. ^_^

one of my sister doesn't wear makeup at all. I think she looks better without. Her husband thinks so too. That's why she doesn't bother to wear any, except face moisturizer. Only on special occasions she wears makeup. 
I on the other hand, I have my dad's face, so I need makeup to look feminine. I used to wear makeup everyday. Now I'm a stay-at-home mom. I don't wear makeup daily, too lazy to apply, I only apply moisturizer. I only wear full makeup when I am going out to the mall, etc. I have permanent eyeliner though, so I look like I have a bit of eyemakeup 24/7.  :D

Good skin over makeup anytime! I was born under a traditional household with conservative parents so I feel really awkward when I wear makeup in front of them. Which is why I either make it really subtle or run to the door immediately before they can see my face, lol. I remember when my mom caught me with circle lenses... yeah, it wasn't a good reaction. I haven't worn makeup for months now, plus I'm not good at it. Eyeliner can take me up to 20 minutes. ):You can always ask your friends to help you with your makeup. Since I'm not good at it I would try to "beautify" myself through my hair instead. Remember, you don't need makeup to feel beautiful! (:

Guest DeejayS

sorry to bump in... just wanna say that girls with less make-up or no make up at all (all natural beauty) is +100 points to most guys :)

Guest nobody knows

well i do wear make up -- just so i can look closer to my age and ~meaner~ [according to one of my friends] though I can definitely do without

I only wear eyeliner, nothing fancy like wings or anything, just and top and bottom line on the weekdays when I'm out and about because you could meet anyone ~ like a potential employer, when I have an interview, going out somewhere
on weekends I just do nothing cos I don't really leave school or home

my friends tell me that without my eyeliner, I look like maybe 14~15 years old, and that's useless in the industry i'm in
they also say I look meaner and more intimidating, which is great cos tons of people bother me when I'm trying to work on my stuff and they're dumb and can't figure out their own projects, so maybe it lessens the amount of times I get interrupted?

I do prefer to have no eyeliner on though ~ less work in the morning and at night before bed hahahahaa

Wow you almost described me. I thought I was the only one not wearing makeup at all for my entire life either :o well I tried lipstick on when I was a kid but it tasted gross, so I only wear lip balm.

None of my family members (mom/sisters) wear makeup, and we’re pretty traditional too so I guess I grew up with that kind of lifestyle. I didn’t even wear any makeup for graduations or parties. We also don't dye our hair brownish.

As for looking decent, well I started getting pimples in my late teens to college years T_T I still have a few acne scars, and I have dark circles too. I don’t think my facial features are that bad, but I just feel “plain” compared to other Asian girls with tons of makeup on. Although I'd like to try on makeup someday just to see what I'd look like with it on haha 

Guest palmsizedtiger

I think everyone's natural face is acceptable. I just look tired and angry without my makeup though. 

Guest quarter.life

i don't wear makeup but i wouldn't say im decent without it (daily battles with acne, fml)just too lazy to spend that much time on it unless its special occasion 

Guest motherducker

I've come to a point in my life where I have to wear some form of make-up anytime I go out (depending on where I'm going). 
Surprisingly enough, a lot of people are in disbelief whenever I wear full make up because apparently it doesn't look like I have anything on my face. But then I tell them that they've never seen me bare face so they don't even know half the story ;).

Guest papiroflexia

I think I look fine w/o make up and I'm comfortable wearing my natural face out.
However I started wearing makeup in college and I've learn to love makeup too.
I think it's good to know both sides and be able to accept both sides (as in having the ability to wear makeup and the ability to accept yourself w/o any).

I know a good amount of girls who do wear makeup everyday, just as some that don't wear it at all. 
All of them are awesome and beautiful in their own ways. 

Don't feel bad about not wearing any! It's about being comfortable with your choice!
Everyone looks acceptable w/o makeup.

Just to add, I think it's dumb when some girls who don't wear any think they're better than others who do choose to wear makeup. I've encounter those girls before and that whole attitude/mind set makes them ugly but they don't realize that. It's their nasty aura and not their bareface.

Guest taija

I don't wear any make-up, once in a while my friends convince me to put on eye-liner because they like my eyes but that's like once every 2 months. Tried lipstick and gloss but didn't like it, I use vaseline on my lips and that's it.

Guest shooting_stars

I don't wear any makeup except for lipstick, and I'm in my 20s! I love lipstick because it adds a nice pop of color to my overall appearance.
But believe me, I struggle with the decision about learning the applications of makeup, too. All of my friends wear makeup and indeed, they are gorgeous! And so many women I look up to wear makeup and look gorgeous as well! But it's really about having confidence in yourself, first. Accept your natural face and rock it! Beauty is subjective. Whenever I feel insecure about something related to my appearance, I remind myself that I just gotta rock it, and if you at least pretend to be confident, nobody will be able to tell the difference! :)
Plus, makeup is just another unnecessary expense for me anyway. I don't have the time or money to continually purchase/apply makeup! So think of it that way. Save yourself money, and be happy with how you look!
Of course, if you REALLY want to learn how to use makeup, then it's never too late to start! There are plenty of tutorials online nowadays and practice makes perfect. It's really up to YOU to decide what you want to do with your appearance in order to feel more confident.

I'm 21 and I don't wear makeup! Not because I'm confident with my bare face or anything lol but I don't know how to apply it and I just don't the feeling of stuff on my face. The only time I have makeup on my face is when my brother's girlfriend is using me as a doll for practice haha and I don't even walk out the house with it. I take it off right away 

Archived