Does this count as cheating?

Guest transformation

Guest transformation

Cliffs:
-guy visiting for spring break approaches gf of 2 years on college campus, talk for couple of hours
-at the end, girl tells him she'll only give him her number if he won't hit on her; guy doesn't say he won't and just smirks and says "what's your number" - she gives it to him anyway
-meet up for coffee (she asked me for permission beforehand) after sunset three days later, and end up taking a walk for a few hours till past 11
-sit down on bench and get under snuggie
-slow dance to two songss; hips together, her arms on his shoulders; he runs his hands up her back and squeezes here and there; plays with her hair
-he tells her to practice making eye contact with him and moves their faces really close together; she expects him to kiss her but she still doesn't move her face away – fortunately he doesn’t make the move then

tldr
Gf went on "friendly" meeting with guy who randomly approached her on campus? She asked for my permission beforehand. She said it was just to make a new friend; he was just visiting and actually went to high school with a couple of her friends. Let's just assume they didn't have sex and she later refuses to kiss, does what she did still count as cheating? She told me about her plans to meet him, but I didn't expect him to take it so far. Am I in the wrong for being upset with her? My gf says he forced her or manipulated her into dancing with him, but he says all he did was persist with words. Not physically. Idk what to think.

If you're in Korea, no. It's normal for women to have multiple flings unaware of each other while they're in the "dating" phase.

If you're in a Western society, [assuming that said girl is in a committed relationship with another person at the time] then it can be argued that the girl emotionally cheated.

Everything the guy did are signs of pursuance of a romantic relationship. You do not platonically share a snuggie with a guy you just met. Nor do you slow dance into what would've been a kiss had the girl not stopped herself. Another thing to consider, she stopped herself short of physical cheating because she knew what she was about to do was wrong. If the acts prior to the attempt at the kiss are to be considered steps toward the final objective, then they were also wrong. Therefore, the girl was committing a wrong toward her S/O by allowing this guy to get so far.

Yeah...She cheated.

One does not need to kiss or have ex to cheat. Giving her number was wrong, meeting up with guy was wrong, going under snuggie, slow dancing, putting herself in such a compromising position...eh. I would dump the girl if I were the bf. And if you're the one trying to pursue her... Do you really want somebody with such morals?

Guest taija

Would you consider it to be cheating if your partner did all those things with somebody else?

I do consider it to be cheating emotionally and a door for worse things to happen.

Guest writerstale

She's a girl with a bf and she's doing all this with you. Run for the hills far away from her, and don't look back. The funniest thing is she's going to go back to the bf like nothing ever happened.

@jennibear01: That's more than emotional cheating. There's physical slow dancing together, and she wanted the guy to kiss him.

Guest HERMIT

Ask the boyfriend this question directly.
I guarantee you'll get the real answer. Actually, the only answer that matters.
If you can't bring yourself to do this, then you already know the answer.

Guest contractman

That is definitely cheating. Even having feelings for another person is cheating in my book. Being in a serious relationship is a serious thing (duh!). If you don't agree with this, then put yourself in the other person's shoes, or imagine the same thing happening to you. If you aren't affected, then you seriously don't deserve a loving gf/bf, as you don't treat the relationship seriously, or even consider the other person special to you at all.

Guest mightyleaf

I think that is cheating... 
If you don't have the balls to say this to your boyfriend, then you yourself probably think it is wrong. That's why you're hiding it, right?

Guest ReplayMVP

First of all, she's cheating. Second of all, she's fronting so hard with the other guy too.That other guy is an richard simmons, messing with a taken woman either way he deserves the trouble.Even though, she's taking it back now, she still let situations become romantic in the first place.She literally gave him the opportunity by even giving her number in the first place even though he said he wouldn't flirt.That's just some bs excuse to keep what they had going.
Third of all, drop her sorry richard simmons and one day, you can slow dance with the one, beneath the setting sun, when you find her, and squeeze that girl's butt and play with her hair while she giggles. Then kiss her and fulfill the duties of a lover and live a beautiful, prosperous life.
That other girl can go eat rotten cheese and use the toilet for eternity and dance by herself while singing "One Wish" outside of your house in a year or so.

a person who violates exclusivity in any way is a cheater. a person is officially a cheater if this violation is enough to hurt their partner. 
the biggest issue here is not that this cheating happened (even though it is a HUGE deal and i hope she stubs her toe on a table) but the fact that she doesn't understand why you are upset shows that she is a horrible human being with the intelligence of an ant and the maturity of a puppy who isn't potty trained. 
if she understans the gravity of her actions, and the seriousness of hurting the one person she is never supposed to hurt, the person who will be with her even to the death bed, the person who will spend the most overall time with her then anyone else in her entire life. and changes her actions and apologieses then forgiveness may be in order.
if she doesn't understand that she did wrong, dump her. shes is born to be a streetwalker.

Guest jammer25

Emotional cheating can often be worse than physical cheating for an exclusive relationship, and can be difficult to detect and admit (often until it's too late) even for the person doing the cheating.

I just don't get the thought process of people who put themselves in situations as the one in the OP. Then again, maybe they were just crap S/O's in the first place even if it didn't show right away.

Guest seophi

Whether it's "cheating" or not, let me just say this: A girl who was really into you probably wouldn't do something like that.

Guest leuglydoll

It's not cheating but it's definitely something you shouldn't do while you're in a relationship. She should be doing those things with YOU not him. Those things seem a bit too intimate to be doing with just a "friend".

Archived