Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Drama 2014] Doctor Stranger 닥터이방인

SongMiraSongMira Posts: 1,188Member

SUPERSTAR

edited July 19 in k-dramas & movies

Official Website

• Drama: Doctor Stranger (literal title)
  • Revised romanization: Dakteo Yibangin
  • Hangul: 닥터 이방인
  • Director: Jin Hyeok
  • Writer: Park Jin-Woo
  • Network: SBS
  • Episodes:
  • Release Date: May 5, 2014 --
  • Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 21:55
  • Language: Korean

Plot

As a child, Park Hoon (Lee Jong-Suk) and his father were kidnapped by North Korea. In North Korea, Park Hoon was trained to become a doctor by his father who was already a doctor. Park Hoon became a genius like chest surgeon. He then flees to South Korea.

Park Hoon begins to work as a doctor in South Korea's top hospital Dongwoo University Hospital, but he feels like a complete outsider. To bring his love from North Korea, he does anything to make money.

Cast & Characters

First Teaser
Second Teaser
.image,
Special Episode

Long Teaser

Official Stills 
Park Hoon (Lee Jong-Suk) 
Song Jae-Hee / Han Seung-Hee (Jin Se-Yeon)
Oh Soo-Hyun (Kang So-Ra)
Han Jae-Joon (Park Hae-Jin) 
OST Part 1
image.
Don't post any requests for subs!
Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 
Don't quote images.
01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.
02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.
03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.
04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 
05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.
PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

All photos are courtesy of SBS Korea and SBS Global. All information, translation, fanarts must be taken out with permission.

Rania Zeidsuchadiva42cassopeiaBasariaSStaRixkhatelalovessky5joyouslovcom00MayaaAwarakorn putaSilver Fallbelovedycjmcliowangevie7etchankaisklosetfelicity04parasleianjitanpopobfairy1996KarimHMoonZluvharu0502nocturne9no1grexx501mukoropearlspmarynahjLyrayooanagardanonymous20cityhunterlee.sarsuuilalasandjhHannaP

Comments

• kiefshi1056kiefshi1056 Posts: 821Member

IDOL

iu for leading lady for me :) or kim you jung hehehehe.. maybe shes too young but I don't know :)
  • Miky88Miky88 RomaniaPosts: 3,074Member

LEGEND

edited January 2
    Quite curious if he will accept the role,not so much into medical dramas and we had our fair share of them the past year but the role looks intresting if we pass the genius,we know dramaland loves genius but i guess it's already a normal thing so curious about the casting progress
    Xue Zhu Yu
  • suchadiva42suchadiva42 Posts: 9,726Member

LEGEND

Oh this looks interested as well and hoping a good lead actress fit the roll and seeing that the director who helped in The Master's Sun did a wonder job with that drama so I'm looking forward seeing how this one plays out as well :)>-

"TOMORROW ISN'T PROMISE TO ANYONE SO LIVE YOUR LIFE TO THE FULLEST"

Rania ZeidXue Zhu Yuevie7idil24
  • Rania ZeidRania Zeid Posts: 26,778Member

IMMORTAL

so now the first thread is open ... what s happening 

cassopeia
  • StaRixStaRix Waiting4SJK Posts: 10,068Member

IMMORTAL

Park Hae Jin To Film New SBS Drama “Dr. Stranger”

Actor Park Hae Jin confirmed his role as the genius doctor in the new SBS Monday Tuesday drama "Dr. Stranger."
    Park Hae Jin's agency said on January 21, 2014, "Park Hae Jin is to appear in the new SBS Monday Tuesday drama 'Dr. Stranger' as Han Jae Joon."

Han Jae Joon is a 30 something genius doctor who is a little bit secretive. It is amassing a lot of expections of the fans because "Dr. Stranger" would be Park Hae Jin's first medical drama.

Park Hae Jin is currently filming the SBS Wednesday Thursday drama "You Who Came From The Stars." He is to finish filming the SBS Wednesday Thursday drama "You Who Came From The Stars" this February and concentrate on filming the new SBS Monday Tuesday drama "Dr. Stranger."

Copyright ⓒ 2012 KDramaStars.com All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.

imageimage
    ♥ 송중기 ♥ 박신혜 ♥ 송혜교 ♥ 박보영 ♥ 윤은혜 ♥ 한효주  전지현 ♥ 강하늘 ♥ 글램 
    Twitter | Tumblr  ParkBoYoungInternational >> Facebook | Twitter | YouTube 
    SongMirabelovedycjmevie7

IMMORTAL

Lee Jong Suk confirmed to take on his first medical drama 'Doctor Stranger'

Lee Jong Suk will be returning to the small screen as a doctor as he has been confirmed to take on his first medical drama 'Doctor Stranger' (working title)!

His agency Wellmade StarM stated on the 5th, "Lee Jong Suk will play the role of Park Hoon on the new SBS Mon-Tues drama 'Doctor Stranger' following 'God's Gift -14 Days'."

The actor shared his excitement with fans, commenting, "I am looking forward to it and feel thrilled about acting out the charming character of Park Hoon. As the character has a specialized profession as a surgeon, I am preparing a lot to show a good image to viewers. I am working hard to show more mature acting so please look forward to it."

'Doctor Stranger' will be directed by 'City Hunter' and 'The Sun of My Master's PD Jin Hyuk and will portray the story of a genius North Korean defector, Dr. Park Hoon, who enters Korea's top hospital and adjusts to life as an outsider in his workplace.

'Doctor Stranger' is set to premiere this coming April!

imageimage
    SongMiraSilver FallMayaaAbelovedycjm

IMMORTAL

Lee Jong Suk Confirmed for New Medical Drama “Doctor Stranger,” Also Starring Park Hae Jin

Lee Jong Suk will be returning to dramas as a lead for SBS’s upcoming “Doctor Stranger,” his first medical drama, according to Wellmade Entertainment  in an announcement made on February 5. Also starring in the drama is Park Hae Jin, who is currently appearing in “Man From the Stars.”

“Doctor Stranger” is a story about Park Hoon (Lee Jong Suk), who was kidnapped and taken to North Korea with his doctor father, and was raised as a doctor. He then escapes to South Korea and finds a job at a hospital, but doesn’t fit in and spends his days at work as a stranger.

Following his recent characters from the SBS drama “I Hear Your Voice,” the movies “The Face Reader” and “No Breathing,” and others, it will be exciting to see Lee Jong Suk in his first role as a doctor. The actor said, “I’m really excited about the opportunity to portray the character of Park Hoon. As my character is a surgeon and has a very specialized job, I’m doing a lot to prepare for the role. I’m doing my best in order to portray a mature character, so please stay tuned.” 

“Doctor Stranger” will air in April following the end of “God’s Gift – 14 Days.” It is a collaboration between director Jin Hyuk (“Brilliant Legacy,” “Prosecutor Princess,” “City Hunter,” “Master’s Sun”) and writer Park Jin Woo (“Conspiracy in the Court,” “The Kingdom of the Winds”).

Soompi

imageimage
    SongMiracassopeiaSilver Fallbelovedycjm

IMMORTAL

Lee Jong Suk Confirms Role In Medical Drama “Doctor Stranger”

Lee Jong Suk makes his small screen comeback with the medical drama "Doctor Stranger".
    On February 5, his management agency Wellmade StarM confirmed his participation, "Lee Jong Suk will play the role of Dr Park Hoon in the upcoming SBS Monday-Tuesday drama 'Doctor Stranger' which will follow after 'God's Gift - 14 Days'."

The actor expressed his excitement towards his new role and said, "I look forward to portraying the charming and interesting character of Dr Park Hoon. Since he is a doctor who specializes in surgical procedures, I will do my best to learn the required knowledge to give the viewers a good and accurate medical image. I am working hard to mature as an actor, so please look forward to the new drama."

The story revolves around a genius North Korean doctor named Park Hoon who learns how to cope with the unfair treatment he receives as he finds a job in one of the top medical institutions in South Korea.
    "Doctor Stanger" will be directed by "City Hunter", "Shining Inheritance", "Prosecutor Princess" and "Master's Sun" director PD Jin Hyuk. Meanwhile, actresses Park Min Young and Kang So Ra are rumoured to be taking part in the production, but their participation haven't been confirmed as of yet.
    The drama is expected to premiere in April.

imageimage
    cassopeiaSilver Fallbelovedycjm