Your ideal age gap

Guest edasaki

Guest edasaki

I'm just very curious about people's point of views on this aspect of relationships.What is the ideal age gap between you and your significant other?(How many years? + younger/older?) Why? style="font-style: normal.If you can, include your age and gender.Indicate whether or not you have been in a relationship before. Feel free to share your stories. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest seoxxoxo

2 years or older. Why? Maturity. I've dated guys younger than me & ... well... one seemed more like my son rather than a boyfriend.

Guest nana544

We have a similar thread, http://forums.soompi.com/discussion/2018438/singles-do-you-want-an-older-boyfriend-girlfriend#latest.

I'm a girl. Call me traditional or whatever but my boyfriend has to be older then me. It's kind of a deal breaker.  It just feels weird if I'm older, even by a month, maybe even a day. To me, my boyfriend should make me feel safe and secure, and I just think an older age comes with that. (along with bigger build and whatnot.)

It's not set in stone, but my mindset has yet to be convinced that someone younger than me can do the above.  

Guest I_play_with_dolls

I'm 18 right now so no one more than a year younger than me because I'm going to be in university this semester and anything younger than a year feels weird. As for an older age I say 5 years at the most. I know people say age isn't a number but I believe it is depending on what stage of life you're at. At 18 I doubt I can be with a man who is in his 30's who's probably already financially stable while I'm still in school counting on my parents' support. I'm not mature enough for someone who's in there 30's if I can't support myself nor have a stable job. 

Guest cristolephe

I guess the age gap changes as you grow up. I mean, it generally grows bigger the older you are. I remember in middle school it was atrocious to date somebody a year older/younger lol.

Guest foreverlocket

well right now, i wouldnt date anyone younger. im 18 y.o. and i think it'd be kinda weird. as for older, there isnt really a limit i guess, unless the guy's like a middle aged lecher. i say this cause i once started talking a guy and we really hit it off..... and then i found out he was 7 years older. >.> he never talked to me again LOL

Guest HERMIT

Hell, any girl half my age would do. I mean, not only would she be able to drink, she'd probably already graduated from college.

I don't know since I've never dated before but a year or 2 is an ideal age gap for me. Of course, him being older. I don't mind if he's at least 5 years older than me also actually, anything beyond that amount of year would make me feel weird.. for now. I don't know what will happen in the future. I mean, I don't even know if I want to get married or be in a relationship.. yet. Other than that, I don't think I'll mind if he's a few months or just a year younger. *shrugs. Anyway, I'm a 17 year old female. :)

Guest hearthealer

3-7 yrs....older.
3 yrs younger is as far as I'll go.
(Keanu is the 23 yr older exception...*biggest crush on him ever* haha)

Guest kirachii

My ideal age gap would be 2 years younger than me. I've dated a younger guy before and I seriously never felt so happy and carefree in my life. :)

Guest coco66

at most 3 year,though i cannot accept cradle snatcher at the moment, i don't reject.The age don't stand for the man ,what matters most is that he must make me feel safe and secure.

Age could be a big deal to teenagers even if it's just a one year difference. To the adults, it's not much of a deal because both are mature. People in their 20s don't mind a 5 or more age gap. A 60 year old could date a 50 year old. It's just that most already got married during their 20s or 30s. That was when a ten year gap would've given them second thoughts. So you rarely see 10 or more age gap marriages.

Archived