[Drama 2014] Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-Yong 귀신 보는 형사 처용

Guest sicknine

Guest sicknine

iVailF4cli2FB.jpg

Title : Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-yong | 귀신 보는 형사 처용 

Episodes : 10

Broadcast Company : OCN

Cast : Oh Ji Ho, Oh Ji Eun, Jeon Hyo Seong, Jeon Ji An, Yoo Min Kyu

Airing Date & time: Early Next Year (2014)

PD : Lim Chan Ik

Writer : Hong Seung-hyun

Production Company : CMG

Official Website : http://program.interest.me/ocn/cheo-yong/

Storyline/Synopsis : Oh Ji-ho plays the main character Yoon Cheo-yong, who has been able to see ghosts since birth. Once the ace of the violent crimes unit, seven years ago he lost both his family and his partner in a traumatic incident that caused him to quit his department. Now he works as a district cop, but without any interest or will to engage with the world; “starved for love,” he’s completely lonely. Then one day, he accidentally talks back to the ghost of a high school girl, and things get complicated. – Dramabeans

================================================================

Teaser 

26/8/2013 ~ via OCN Youtube

News & Article (Oldest to Latest) 

Oh Ji-ho sees ghosts for OCN mystery crime drama 
SECRET's Hyosung to star alongside actress Oh Ji Eun in the upcoming OCN drama 'Detective Cheoyong Who Sees Ghosts' 
Secret’s Hyosung To Make Her Drama Acting Debut as a Ghost 
Oh Ji-eun cast to romance Oh Ji-ho in Ghost Detective 
SECRET’s Hyo Seong Cast in Oh Ji-ho’s Drama
Korean news about postponed to December : http://blog.naver.com/ocnblog/120195908720
Shooting pictures.
THE SCARIEST PREVIEW: GHOST-SEEING DETECTIVE CHEO-YONG
Korean news : Yoo Min Kyu been casted for Cheo-yong.
OCN’s Ghost Detective delays broadcast

Miscellaneous 

13 August 2013 - Script reading date. Source : Secret4time.com 
Translation of  Fan cafe Secret Hyo Sung for Cheo-Yong

kdrama-forum_400x60.png

Please Read & Follow: Soompi Forum Rules 01. Do not post request for subs. Do not request for videos either. Just download from what other Soompiers provided you.  02. Do not post requests for any BT seedings of any videos links as Soompi is not responsible for any of them  03. Do not request of translations of any kind, as translations are done by our fellow Soompiers' free will. Use the online google translator if you want to read the basic translations of any news in Korean. Anyone who posts these kind of requests, spam or break any of Soompi forum rules will be reported to the mods immediately without any warning given.  04. Do not take any download links from AJA-AJA and paste them out to Soompi or another site. Go directly to the aja-aja site if you want to download anything from there.  05. Don't post any requests for subs! 06. Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 07. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread .  08.The editing function of the forum has already been fixed so you can edit your posts instead of repeating postings.  09. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.  10. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viikii, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. 11. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods.  12. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. Please do not quote images and videos. Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. (Rules credit to moderators)

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sicknine

Oh Ji-ho sees ghosts for OCN mystery crime drama

ohjiho_ghost1.jpg

New drama. MORE GHOSTS. Ahhhhh. Why do I have the sudden image of the drama industry actually being Dramaland High School where everyone’s scrambling to copy the hot mean girl, no matter what craziness she wears, and then pretend they’re not copying her?

This one is a mystery thriller called Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-yong, and Oh Ji-ho(God of the Workplace, Chuno) has been selected to headline. On the upside (yes, this glass is half-full, dammit), this drama comes from cable movie channel OCN, which means that each of our ghost-seeing dramas will at least have a different flavor. Master’s Sun is on SBS (broadcast, quirky and funny), while Who Are You is on tvN, which is a “softer” cable network and looks to be romantic and melo. OCN has the grittiest fare of the three, as we’ve seen from previous offerings like the Vampire Prosecutor and Ten franchises, which were bloody crime thrillers.

In Ghost-Seeing Detective, Oh Ji-ho plays the main character Yoon Cheo-yong, who has been able to see ghosts since birth. Once the ace of the violent crimes unit, seven years ago he lost both his family and his partner in a traumatic incident that caused him to quit his department. Now he works as a district cop, but without any interest or will to engage with the world; “starved for love,” he’s completely lonely. Then one day, he accidentally talks back to the ghost of a high school girl, and things get complicated. Haha, is he like Lee Jun-ki of Arang and the Magistrate, going his life pretending not to see ghosts?

The show follows Cheo-yong as he works with his dogged detective partner (a woman) and that ghost girl to solve mysterious cases. Playing a key role will be the various “dead signs” left behind at the scenes of crimes, which sounds like it’ll be this drama’s drink-some-blood-see-the-past device. Gotta say, having a ghost on your side sure would come in handy as a cop, assuming she’s amenable to playing his sidekick. I kinda hope she’s not.

The series will be directed by Im Chan-ik, who directed the cop comedy Arrest King, and written by Hong Seung-hyun, who worked on Joseon X-Files. OOH. Suddenly I’m interested. (Granted, Joseon X-Files had a team of five or six writers and he’s only one of them. Still, it’s a good show to have on your resumé.) Thus I am persuaded to look past the uber-literal title and the fact that this is slowest of the ghost-seers to come out of the gate.

This drama has been in development for the past year, after being selected as the winner of OCN’s open competition for original drama scripts in 2012, which is a promising sign. At least we know the first episode will be good?

Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-yong will begin shooting in mid-Auguest, and will be OCN’s Sunday-night drama beginning October 6.

News via Dramabeans.

This will be the darkest among his genre from the ones that air but even so i'll watch it,i likee JI Ho in Miss Kim so i'm happy to see him back and into a more serious type of character as well :D This script is a winner as well from what i read so it's much more curious :x

Guest sicknine

Hi @miky88 :)
I love the synopsis already! 
I see the games now :)) Kdramaland is going to do supernatural theme maybe until early 2014 :)

Guest sicknine

News via Allkpop! SECRET's Hyosung to star alongside actress Oh Ji Eun in the upcoming OCN drama 'Detective Cheoyong Who Sees Ghosts'

Actress Oh Ji Eun and SECRET's Hyosung have been cast for OCN's new drama series, 'Detective Cheoyong Who Sees Ghosts.'
The two ladies will be starring alongside actor Oh Ji Ho. Oh Ji Eun will play the role of a fierce female detective while Hyosung is to play the role of a teenage ghost who helps the detectives solve mysterious crimes.
The drama will follow the story of two detectives who use the 'dead signs' left behind by the spirits of victims at the crime scenes to solve mysterious cases. 
Fans are highly anticipating the new series since dramas with paranormal themes are currently the trend, and also because it's the first time Hyosung will take on a role in a drama.
The drama is set to start shooting in the middle of August and will premiere on the night of October 6th!

Guest sicknine

News via Soompi Drama section.Secret’s Hyosung To Make Her Drama Acting Debut as a Ghost
Secret member Hyosung will be making her television acting debut through the upcoming OCN drama “Detective Who Sees Ghost- Cheo Yong.”
Hyosung will be playing a high school student ghost, Han Na Young, in the drama that will be about a detective who was born with the ability to see, hear, and touch ghosts. It is a ten-episode crime drama about settling mysterious unsolved cases. Han Na Young is a “free-spirited” ghost that haunts the investigation unit,  and after spending a long time of loneliness, starts to cling to Detective Yoon Cheo Yong who is able to interact with her.
Oh Ji Ho will play the character of Yoon Cheo Yong, and Oh Ji Eun also joins the lead cast as the female detective Ha Sun Woo. “”Detective Who Sees Ghost- Cheo Yong” is set to premiere October 6 on OCN. It starts filming mid-August.
K-drama is full of ghosts lately!

Guest sicknine

News via Dramabeans. Oh Ji-eun cast to romance Oh Ji-ho in Ghost Detective
OhJiHo_OhJiEun1.jpg

Well, grain of salt on the romance bit, seeing as how OCN crime procedurals like to tease us endlessly with workplace romances that go on for years while doling out crumbs (why yes, Vampire Prosecutor, I’m looking at you). OCN’s newest detective on the block is Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-yong, which stars Oh Ji-ho as the titular spook-seeing cop out to solve cases with the help of the undead. Joining him as the heroine is King of Dramas’ Oh Ji-eun, who did manage to win me over with her performance in that drama. She’s not someone I’d watch a drama for, but she put herself out there in a comical role, so I’m willing to keep an open mind about her.

The new spook thriller comes from the PD of cop comedy Arrest King and one of the writers of Joseon X-Files, and stars Oh Ji-ho as a detective who loses his family and partner in one terrible incident, and goes from elite detective in the violent crimes unit to a lowly district cop, completely disengaged from life. He’s cut off from the world in every way possible other than having a job, and the pesky condition he was born with that allows him to see, hear, and touch ghosts.

One day he starts talking back to the schoolgirl ghost who’s haunting him (played by Jeon Hyo-sung of idol group Secret) and strangely enough, talking to the undead is what brings him back to the land of the living. He starts to work mysterious cases with his partner, played by Oh Ji-eun, with the added help of “dead signs” that the victims’ souls leave behind.

Oh Ji-eun’s character is a detective in the regional investigation unit, and is famous for her tenacity. She’s got a keen sense of observation, which makes her particularly great at spotting an enemy’s weak point, and also comes in handy for her specialty — crime scene reconstructions. She’s so dogged in her pursuit of closing cases that other cops find her hard to work with. The character description says she’ll have a romantic relationship with Oh Ji-ho, but I’m not going to hold my breath for more than workplace flirting, from the guy who spent seven years cut off from the world.

Ghost-Seeing Detective Cheo-young will air for ten episodes on Sunday nights, and premieres October 6 on OCN.
Via Star News

i read in an article that i could not find now thay they're shooting next week. They should hold a first script reading first, right?

---------------------

Found the link already:

http://www.tenasia.com/archives/68129

Guest sicknine

OCN updated their Facebook page about Cheo Yong. Apparently, they've 3 series that caught a lot of viewers attention ; God's Quiz, Vampire Prosecutor and also TEN. I hope Cheo Yong will succeeds like those 3 series also!
ibgKDQ6gOUFtN0.png
Source link.
신의 퀴즈, 뱀파이어 검사, TEN...

OCN 오리지널이 신작으로 찾아옵니다.

느낌 아니까~

Google Translate.God Quizzes, Vampire inspection, TEN ...
OCN will find the original of this new work.
I know the feeling ...

Guest sicknine

@minah_00 Try check your connection. I tried to played it again just now and it's still working. It was uploaded by OCN itself. 

@Sicknine, Thank you very much for creating this thread.
as a fan of OJH or Zio as we always called him, here I putting a brief encounter btw the 2 OHs-Oh JI Ho and Oh Ji-eun during KBS Drama Award 2010. She went straight to the stage to say hello to Zio-she must be a fan, and must be very happy to be able to act with him now,

Archived