Best Products to Cover Under Eye Circles (What's yours?)

Guest ginegeorge83

Guest ginegeorge83

search?q=laura+mercier+undercover+pot&so
You had a late night and did not get much sleep. You feel fine when you wake up the next day, but the moment you look in the mirror and find those daunting dark circles starting back at you, the first thing that comes to mind is how to cover under eye circles effectively. Luckily for you, there are dozens of great concealers and other products on the market that will help you cover those eye circles so well that no one else will even notice that you only got three hours of sleep. 

One of the most important ways to know how to cover under eye circles is finding a good concealer. The best concealer will be able to hide redness, dark circles, broken blood vessels and any other discolorations that appear around your eye area. One of the best under eye concealers is Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer, which is a yellow-based formula that blends smooth and stays in place. Not only does it effectively cover cark circles, but it is also infused with skin conditioners to protect the skin under your eyes. 

Laura Mercier Undercover Pot is a travel-friendly compact that contains its popular Secret Concealer, which is a must for those that want to know how to cover under eye circles. The emollient formula allows you to smoothly apply the product to your delicate eye area in order to conceal any dark circles and discolorations. 

Besides concealer, a good brightener will help draw attention away from your dark circles, adding a fresh radiance to your skin. Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat is another effective product that will show you how to cover under eye circles. It comes in the convenient form of a pen with a brush top that can be dabbed on selected areas in order to disguise shadows and hide any signs of fatigue from the eye area. In addition to under eye circle, it can also be used on the chin, lips and nose. Another great highlighter is Laura Mercier Secret Brightener, a color-correcting highlighter that helps to brighten dark circles, reduce shadows and camouflage any discolorations. 

After reading about these different products, now you effectively know how to cover under eye circles. By combining a good concealer with a brightener or highlighter afterwards, your dark circles will cease to exist, and you will look refreshed and rejuvenated on a daily basis.

I actually use the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer #07, because there is the salmon shade concealer which helps to cancel out the dark circles (based on the colour wheel or something like that?). And I think it really helped to brighten my eye area as well, that's my go to for my dark eye circles! 
Normal concealer don't seem to work perfectly for me, so I think that's my best bet. 

Guest ginegeorge83

thesnowflowerrr said: I actually use the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer #07, because there is the salmon shade concealer which helps to cancel out the dark circles (based on the colour wheel or something like that?). And I think it really helped to brighten my eye area as well, that's my go to for my dark eye circles! 
Normal concealer don't seem to work perfectly for me, so I think that's my best bet. 

Guest ginegeorge83

thesnowflowerrr said: I actually use the Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda Concealer #07, because there is the salmon shade concealer which helps to cancel out the dark circles (based on the colour wheel or something like that?). And I think it really helped to brighten my eye area as well, that's my go to for my dark eye circles! 

For under eye? that's it. Since it works well, why try different ones? 

Well actually, there's one by Maybelline, it's salmon shade. I had to buy it on amazon because its sold out in stores. I still prefers LM though. Maybelline one is chalky.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006UETAO2/ref=pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

I learned about these prods from watching Carlibell55 contouring tut.

• 9 months later...
Guest MangoR

NARS radiant creamy concealer is my HG! 
From the Sephora page:
http://www.sephora.com/radiant-creamy-concealer-P377873?country_switch=ca&lang=en

Guest evelynxu

For western brands I like Bobbi Brown Corrector and NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. I have MAC Studio Fix which everyone raved about but I find it so dry and the consistency is too thick! NYX pot concealer doesn't give enough coverage imo. Essence Match 2 Cover is apparently a really good drugstore concealer from what I've heard. HOWEVER, my favourites would have to be from Korean brands which have really good dupes for high end concealers. Missha The Style Perfect Concealer (No. 2 shade) is my favourite for dark circles and The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer is also amazing. Both these concealers gave full coverage and were inexpensive. Good concealers are actually so hard to find! 

Guest sophiajacquelyn

Yes i do have the same problem i just use some home remedies like carrot and cucumber to permanently remove it.You can use the  Total Cover-up Concealer It acts as a best make up to hide all our spots scars and dark circles also.Hope it will work for you. itemprop="name" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 20px 0px 10px; border: 0px; font-family: Asap, sans-serif; font-size: 36px; font-weight: normal; line-height: 36px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(48, 48, 48); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" 

Guest electronegative

i have a hard time with bobbi brown's color selection :/

i use kevyn aucoin's sensual skin enhancer for both spot concealer and undereye: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/kevyn-aucoin-beauty-the-sensual-skin-enhancer-makeup/3268296 

it's ridiculously expensive, but i asked an SA at nordstrom for a sample, and what she gave me still hasn't run out - i got it last october! the full size version would probably last like, 5 years.

- CoverGirl Smoothers Concealer (in Neutralizer)- CoverGirl & Olay Concealer Balm (in Light/Medium)
The steps for me: Face primer --> CoverGirl neutralizer --> foundation --> powder --> CoverGirl concealer -> foundation --> powder
My dark circles are hereditary, I've had it since I was a young kid. The make-up I use (and how I use it) doesn't totally camouflage the dark circles but, in my opinion, it makes it a hell of a lot less noticeable.

Archived