Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Taiwanese Drama 2013] Love Around 真愛黑白配

sugarplum892sugarplum892 USAPosts: 9,473Moderator

edited September 2013 in entertainment
Details:
Title:  真愛黑白配 / zhen ai hei bai pei
English title: Love Around
Genre: Comedy, Romance
Episodes: 15
Broadcast period: June 9, 2013
Air date: Sundays

Cast:
George Hu
Annie Chen
Jack Lee
Elleya Tao
Simon Xue
Tan Ai Zhen
Jian Chang
Zhang Fu Zhian
Stephanie Chang
Ginger Chen
Chao Jet

Synopsis:
Zhou Zhen (George Hu) is a tough gangster’s son who has a soft spot for protecting the weak from bullies. Liang Xiao Shu (Annie Chen) is a happy-go-lucky and bubbly radio DJ who is optimistic about love although a little naïve. After Zhen breaks up with his girlfriend, she runs into Xiao Shu at a ballpark. Can the unlikely pair, both unlucky in love, possibly find something in common that will reignite their faith in love? “Love Around” is a 2013 Taiwanese romantic drama series that reunites the popular stars George Hu and Annie Chen, who co-starred in the hit 2012 drama “Love, Now.”
Watch episodes with English subs here!

Theme Song:
Bii - Come Back to Me

Replies

• leemary1023leemary1023 Posts: 8Member

ROOKIE

I started watching this drama. It's a bit slow but I still enjoy it. It's nice once in a while to have a drama about 2 people just meeting and falling in love. No bickering and hate turning to love. Just simple meeting, getting to know each other and falling in love. I absolutely love that they just consoled each other's heartbreak and ended up falling in love. Not to mention, George Hu is so cute! He has this boyish yet manly feeling. George Hu in this drama and in Love Now has definitely made my life more difficult by making my expectations on boys too high. There will never be a man like him and that disappoints me. LOL. Oh well. 

The OST is damn near perfect also. Love Bii.  
  • colourgraecolourgrae Posts: 1,461Member

SUPERSTAR

I like this show too for the reasons you mentioned. Not a lot of major misunderstandings and a gradual love story from two people both disappointed by lovers, to friends to, well you know, lovers.  :x
  • sugarplum892sugarplum892 USAPosts: 9,473Moderator

George Hu's misfortune on set

Posted Image

The 31-year-old might be better known for his 2009 idol drama ToGetHer with Jiro Wang and Rainie Yang. However, the lanky actor is encouraged by the fact that he has an increasingly warm reception with each visit to our shores.

A rising actor in Taiwan, George Hu had won leading roles in various projects in recent years, including blockbuster period drama Prince of Lan Ling.In his most recent project Love Around, the American born Chinese plays a rich second generation of a triad leader, who became a dispirited soul after a sudden breakup with his long-time girlfriend.

When he was filming Love Around, George let on that it was the first time he felt the hardships of being an actor after almost seven years in the business.

For one, he sustained a back injury as a result of playing baseball, which was a sport that the actor had to become familiar with as it was required of the role. 

During the interview, George's manager revealed that the actor has been seeking treatment for more than two months now, and had even gone through an acupuncture session prior to his trip to Singapore.

Aside from physical pains, the good-looking star was put in a spot when he was made to film an emotional scene in a toilet at the immigration office in Taiwan.  Initially due to film at the customs office, the crew was forced to make a last minute change in location when permission was not granted at the site. 

'The original plan was to have me sobbing uncontrollably. But as a result of filming in a toilet, I could not get into the right mood, and tears just couldn't flow. In the end, I could only film the scene looking sorrowful and emotionless.'

• WendyWendy SingaporePosts: 7,783Friend of Soompi

IDOL

George Hu came to Singapore to promote the drama and these are my fancams taken on 8 September '13..:) 

His arrival & greetings and brief talk about Love Around...

http://youtu.be/YXcsDIRi1pg

MC asked him to do a pose ^^

http://youtu.be/nmOt2Dl1Iho

Game with fans..

http://youtu.be/64xuanmHj3E

With fans onstage..

http://youtu.be/pbLCu4-2cFo

End of event...

http://youtu.be/XOiuqIG739o

sugarplum892
  • sugarplum892sugarplum892 USAPosts: 9,473Moderator

edited September 2013
    @Wendy said:

George Hu came to Singapore to promote the drama and these are my fancams taken on 8 September '13..:) 

Wow thank you so much for sharing them! :D