[Drama 2013] The Strange Housekeeper / The Suspicious Housekeeper (수상한 가정부)

Guest msmall

Guest msmall

Drama: The Strange Housekeeper / The Suspicious Housekeeper (수상한 가정부)

Previously known as: Housekeeper Park Bo-Nyeo (가정부 박복녀)

Genre: Family, mystery, melodrama

Episodes: 20

Broadcast network: SBS

Broadcast period: September 23, 2013 to ? ? ?

Premiere Date: September 23, 2013

Air time: Monday & Tuesday 22:00 (Korean time)

Replaces: The Empire of Gold

PD: Kim Hyung Shik

Writer: Baek Oon Chul

The_Strange_Housekeeper.jpg

~PLOT~ 

A drama about a housekeeper Park Bok Nyeo, who gets hired to work for a family which has just lost its mother, leaving just the father and 4 children. But, she's strange. She is unsociable housekeeper who is perfect in what she does around the house but doesn't smile or show her feelings due to her mysterious past. Bok Nyeo will help the family healing process and rebuild their bonds.

Credit: wiki.d-addicts.com

~CAST~

Choi Ji Woo as Park Bo Nyeo

Lee Sung Jae as as Eun Sang Chul (41 years old)

Wang Ji Hye as Yoon Song Hwa

Kim So Hyun as Eun Han Gyul (18 years old)

Chae Sang Woo as Eun Do Gyul (15 years old)

Nam Da Reum as Eun Se Gyul (13 years old)

Kang Ji Woo as Eun Hye Gyul (7 years old)

Kim Hee Jung as Woo Sun Young (Eun Sang Chul's deceased wife, 39 years old)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Choi Ji Woo Cast as Lead in Korean Version of ′Kaseifu no Mita′

Making her way back to TV land in two years, Choi Ji Woo has been cast as the lead in SBS’ upcoming drama The Strange Housekeeper

On July 31, SBS announced that Choi Ji Woo will be playing the character, Park Bok Nyuh in The Strange Housekeeper, which awaits a September premiere. 

25274640.jpg

The drama is based off of Japan’s Kaseifu no Mita, which aired through NTV in 2011. The dorama gained huge success, receiving over 40 percent in ratings. 

The Strange Housekeeper is about an unsociable housekeeper who is perfect in what she does around the house but lacks in smiles due to her mysterious past. 

“With the original story having a touching and humanistic story, the female character’s unique charm, and faith in the hit-making director Kim Hyung Sik, I chose this project without a second thought,” said Choi Ji Woo. “I will do my best to show an acting transformation that actress Choi Ji Woo has never shown before.”

The drama will begin on September 23. 

Photo Credit: CJW Company

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/42178

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: 'Lucida Grande', 'Lucida Sans Unicode', Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.375; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Choi Ji-woo to Play Housekeeper in Upcoming DramaPosted on 2013/07/31 by Kang Jung Yeon 2013073114112210402-615x461.jpg
Korean actress Choi Ji-woo [C.JW Company]

The beautiful actress Choi Ji-woo will turn into a mysterious housekeeper for an upcoming drama.

Choi will play the main character of SBS’s Monday and Tuesday drama tentatively titled “Suspicious Housekeeper” (translated title), announced SBS through a press release on Wednesday.

The series is set to premiere September 23 after SBS’s current prime time Monday and Tuesday drama “Golden Empire” closes its curtains.

The new drama will be based on smash hit Japanese drama “Housekeeper Mita” which showed in Japan in 2011.

The original show revolves around a family that grieves over their mother’s recent suicide. They hire housekeeper Mita to take care of the house and she will do anything that her employer orders her to do, except smiling or revealing her past.

The actress’s decision to take on the role comes somewhat as a surprise since she has mainly played characters that are either glamorous or sweet and fragile.

Choi made her debut in 1994 and after starring in several TV dramas and films, the actress shot to stardom and became a huge Hallyu name after starring in two big hit dramas “WinterSonata” in 2002 and “Stairway to Heaven” the following year.

Her last small screen project was MBC’s TV series “Hate to Lose” also starring actor Yoon Sang-hyun.

Reporter. Kang Jung Yeon atoz@tenasia.co.kr

Editor. Jessica Kim

Courtesy of C.JW Company

http://www.tenasia.com/archives/67097

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 24px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Choi Ji Woo to star in Korean remake of ‘Kaseifu no Mita’By Korea Star Daily | KpopFighting.com

30482-179924.jpg

Choi Ji Woo will be returning to the small screen through upcoming SBS TV Mon-Tue drama ‘The Strange Housekeeper’ which will premiere by the end of September, where she will be playing the role of Park Bok Nyuh.

‘The Strange Housekeeper’ will be based off 2011 Japanese drama ‘Kaseifu no Mita’ which achieved high ratings of over 40% in Japan, and enabled it to be ranked third in the history of Japanese drama ratings, as it won much tears and sympathy from viewers with its moving storyline.

The drama revolves around a family (father, 4 siblings) who is grieving over their mother's recent suicide. With the entrance of an unsociable housekeeper, the family who was in absolute disarray prior to her arrival, starts to undergo changes as they begin to know one another better, and have a new understanding about the importance of family.

The pick of Choi Ji Woo to play the role of the unsociable housekeeper was a surprise to many, as she is known for her roles as a pitiful woman or a strong career woman. Thus, Choi Ji Woo’s new role as a housekeeper was indeed mindboggling for some.

The production team however insisted that Choi Ji Woo will be a perfect fit for the drama, and is optimistic of her limitless potential to bring out the best of her role.

Choi Ji Woo expressed, “The original story had a touching and humanistic story. The female lead has her own unique charm and I have absolute faith in hit-making director Kim Hyung Sik as well. I had no hesitation in accepting the drama offer because of all those factors. This will be a whole new challenge for me, and I will do my best to let viewers see a different side of Choi Ji Woo.”

By: Yoon Hyo Jung

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

http://ph.omg.yahoo.com/news/choi-ji-woo-to-star-in-korean-remake-022500392.html

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Choi Ji Woo decides to cast in 'Mysterious Housemaid'By Kim Dong-Joo | STAR N News

20130731094916_51f85f0cbba26_1.jpg

Choi Ji Woo decided to cast in 'Suspicious Housemaid'.

On July 31st, SBS announced that actress Choi Ji Woo decided to cast in new drama 'Suspicious Housemaid' which will premiere in late September.

'Suspicious Maid', which will premiere on September 23rd, is a drama about a mysterious maid named Park Bok Nyeo, and it was motivated from Japanese drama 'Housemaid Mita'.

'Housemaid Mita' is a huge hit drama which was broadcasted back in 2011 in Japan, and it is currently the third most viewed TV series in Japan.

'Suspicious Housemaid' will show a story about a mysterious housemaid entering the home of a father and four brothers and sisters.

She will cast as a mysterious woman who never smiles, and the drama will show how a family who have been living with wounds in their heart change as Park Bok Nyeo starts living with them.

This news is particularly drawing many people's attention because the main actress is none other than Choi Ji Woo, who always casted as a fair girl in love or a sharp professional woman.

The production team said, "We thought Choi Ji Woo will be able to show an interesting irony, and we also thought that her a cold look that she has would work great with the drama."

Choi Ji Woo also said, "I decided my casting because I have a huge trust in director Kim Hyung Shik, who is a well known hit maker. This will be a big challenge and a change for me."

http://sg.entertainment.yahoo.com/news/choi-ji-woo-decides-to-cast-in-mysterious-051028512.html

Choi Ji Woo will return to K-drama after 2 years on SBS' 'Suspicious Housekeeper'

July 31, 2013 @ 5:20 am
choi-ji-woo_1375230071_af_org.jpg

Timeless beauty Choi Ji Woo will make her return to the small screen in the upcoming Monday-Tuesday SBS drama 'Suspicious Housekeeper'!

SEE ALSO: Brian proposes to actress Choi Ji Woo?

For her first role after a two-year hiatus, Choi Ji Woo will play the female lead role of the housekeeper, Park Bok Nyuh, who joins a family after they lose their mother and the father is left with his 4 children. Although Park Bok Nyuh gives a cold first impression, the family is able to heal their wounds through their bond with her.

'Suspicious Housekeeper' is set to air this September!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013/07/choi-ji-woo-will-return-to-k-drama-after-2-years-on-sbs-suspicious-housekeeper

Choi Ji-woo becomes a Suspicious Housekeeperby javabeans | July 31, 2013cjw_91.jpg

Choi Ji-woo has selected her next role, and who better than Ji-woo-hime to headline a remake of a popular Japanese drama? She has announced that her next project will be an SBS Monday-Tuesday drama titled Suspicious Housekeeper, which is a remake of 2011′s NTV series Kaseifu no Mita (I Am Mita, Your Housekeeper) to be directed by PD Kim Hyung-shik of Sign and Ghost.

(Despite not having a hit drama in years, Choi Ji-woo is still a strong draw in Japan, thanks to residual popularity from her early-Hallyu work. Her last several projects didn’t garner much buzz at home—airport action drama Air City, angsty romance drama A Star’s Lover, cute divorce rom-com Can’t Lose—but quite possibly met with better response in Japan than in Korea. All hail the power of Winter Sonata.)

Choi Ji-woo will play a character with the Dickensian name of Park Bok-nyeo, in that Bok-nyeo literally means “woman of fortune.” Bok-nyeo is a housekeeper shrouded in mystery who comes to work for a family—one father, four sisters—when their mother dies. Unsmiling and unexpressive, Bok-nyeo guides the family into healing their wounds and rebuilding bonds, which makes me think of a sort of twisted Mary Poppins: She’ll fix your life, but she won’t be so damned chipper about it. Depending on how you see it, that could be either a good or a bad thing.

I know little about the original Japanese drama, but it does sound like the kind of quirky role that could really suit Choi Ji-woo. Her image tends to be chic and sophisticated, though her real-life personality is more on the sweetly ditzy side; going mysterious in a “humanistic drama” is one way to incorporate both sides. Plus, a couple of her A-list peers have done quite well recently with playing offbeat leading ladies in Japanese remakes—Go Hyun-jung in Queen of the Classroom, for instance, and Kim Hye-soo in God of the Workplace (aka Queen of the Office). Well, Choi Ji-woo may not get the nod to royalty but I say she landed the best title.

Suspicious Housekeeper will follow Empire of Gold and premieres on September 23.

mita1.jpg

Via Hankook Ilbo

http://www.dramabeans.com/2013/07/choi-ji-woo-becomes-a-suspicious-housekeeper/

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Choi Ji Woo Returns to Small Screen as “The Housekeeper”jnkm July 31, 2013 

choi-ji-woo.jpg

One of Hallyu’s frontrunners, Choi Ji Woo, has chosen her next drama.

Choi Ji Woo has been cast as the leading role Park Bok Nyeo in SBS’s upcoming September drama, “The Housekeeper.”

“The Housekeeper” is a remake of the Japanese hit, “I am Mita, Your Housekeeper,” which was the highest viewed drama of 2011 in Japan.

The drama is about a mysterious housekeeper who starts working for a family in distress over the mother’s suicide, due to the father’s infidelity.

Choi Ji Woo commented, “Because of the touching humanism of the original drama, the unique charms of the character and my deep trust in the hitmaking PD Kim Hyung Shik, I chose this project without hesitation,” and “It will be an acting transformation challenge for me as an actress, which I have never shown before.”

No other cast additions have been reported yet. Stay tuned for more information on this upcoming drama.

Soompi News

Guest eeldeerlove

class="title"Lee Sung Jae to star in Suspicious Housekeeper

cr: http://dramabucks.com/2566/news/lee-sung-jae-to-star-in-suspicious-housekeeper/

leesungjae_zps963b4393.jpg

Lee Sung Jae accepted the role in Suspicious Housekeeper after playing the creepy villain in Gu Family Book.

According to his agency, “Casting was offered to him last middle of July and after giving a positive review on the script, he finally decided to appear.”

Suspicious Housekeeper is based on Japanese drama, Kaisefu no Mita (I am Mita, Your Housekeeper). It is a story of a housemaid for a family who lost their mother through a sudden accident. She doesn’t smile nor reveal her past. Choi Ji Woo was confirmed to play the role of a mysterious housekeeper, Park Bo Nyu.

Meanwhile, Suspicious Housekeeper will premiere on September 23, after the conclusion of “Empire of Gold.”

Source: OhMy Star

Hallyu Star Choi Ji Woo To Play "The Housekeeper"
choi-ji-woo.jpg?w=600

Hallyu star Choi Ji Woo will return to the small screen in a new SBS drama, "The Housekeeper."

Those new to kdrama may not know that Choi Ji Woo is not just any Hallyu star. She was one of the first. Her roles in the dramas "Stairway to Heaven," "Beautiful Days" and "Winter Sonata," helped launch the Korean wave that continues to export kdramas around the world.

The 2002 drama "Winter Sonata," in which she starred with Bae Yong Joon, became a major hit throughout Asia, especially in Japan. Japanese fans gave her the nickname Princess Ji Woo and she continues to be a big box office draw there.

In her first few roles, she portrayed an innocent girl and subsequent attempts to play anything else did not fare well with Korean critics. In the 2011 drama "Can't Lose" she played a divorce lawyer in the middle of a divorce with her onscreen husband played by Yoon Sang Hyun.

When she was filming that comedy, reporters asked her if she worried about straying away from the innocent image that had been so successful for her.

"I've had the same image for 15 years," she said. "Isn't it time for me to break out? I was a melodrama queen and now I want the title of romantic comedy queen."

Since then she has appeared in a Chinese drama and had a show promoting Korean cuisine. Her new role as Park Bok Nyeo in "The Housekeeper" will require yet another transformation.

"It will be an acting transformation challenge for me as an actress that I have never shown before," said Choi.

"The Housekeeper" is a remake of the Japanese hit drama "Kaseifa no Mita" or "I Am Mita, Your Housekeeper," the highest viewed Japanese drama in 2011. The story is about a mysterious housekeeper who begins working in a family recently stricken by tragedy. The mother has just committed suicide because of the father's infidelity. The new housekeeper will do everything that her employers ask, even kill people, except she will not smile or reveal details about her past. Together they will help heal each other's emotional damage.

Choi, 38, said she was attracted to the role right away.

"Because of the touching humanism of the original drama, the unique charms of the character and my deep trust in the successful director Kim Hyung Shik, I did not hesitate to choose this project," said Choi.

"The Housekeeper" will air in September. No other parts have been cast yet.

www.kdramastars.com/articles/10083/20130801/hallyu-star-choi-ji-woo-play-housekeeper.htm

Archived