On and Off Relationships.

Guest joongielove

That's all I do baby, on and off. I remember having this conversation with my friend..

Her: Are you still seeing that girl?Me: Yeah, we're on and off.
Her: What does that even mean?
Me: We're on. and off.
Her: Does she know that?Me: Don't worry.

Why let them go completely..might as well drag them down with me as I descent into the abyss.

Guest joie.de.vivre

Yepp, i was in one that ended up being on and off for a year. And it sucked. Both of us didn't trust each other completely even when we "made up" and were "on". It was one of the most frustrating aspects of that relationship -_-

Guest blush

On/off relationships suck and they definitely aren't healthy! From personal experience and observations, they almost never work out unless you and your partner finally decide to stay completely ON (by working things out, not forcefully staying together) and stop breaking up over every fight.

I feel like between the people who are in on off relationships, there is one person who likes the drama and the whole breakup-makeup thing and being chased back and having that "mini honeymoon period" of getting back together. I'm someone who hates unnecessary drama in a relationship because its draining so it's definitely not for me. Personally, if either myself or my s/o kept wanting to break up, eventually ill just get sick of the relationship and want to break up for real anyways.

Guest frozensunshine

One of my female friends is in one... absolutely ridiculous the crap she gets put through
They 'severed all contact' for about 2 months at the beginning of this year, he goes back saying he wants another go (for like the 3rd time except it wasn't as extreme the last two times), he splits up with her, deletes all contact, FB etc and a week ago he adds her on FB again. 
She can't get over him and I think the guy just wants to get laid tbh

Guest Hellen Lee1430292667

blush said: On/off relationships suck and they definitely aren't healthy! From personal experience and observations, they almost never work out unless you and your partner finally decide to stay completely ON (by working things out, not forcefully staying together) and stop breaking up over every fight.

Guest nana544

speedredefined said: My longest one was an on/off open relationship.  It started great, ended terribly. 
Met her between my 2nd and 3rd year of college if i recall correctly.  In 4th year she asked if I wanted to go exclusive.  But I told her while I was in college I wanted to stay single.  Then it became this thing where she was like, "you obviously don't like me enough for me to be your girlfriend."  I did like her a lot, I just wanted to stay single in college. I thought I was huge player.  
Anyways, 2 weeks after this convo she tells me she found a boyfriend, and I can't text or talk to her again.  Good times.
We had issues too that come along with open relationships where I felt like she shouldn't be allowed to go to a nightclub without me (she went out a lot).  But then she said that if this were the case, I shouldn't be allowed to go to nightclubs or frat parties without her. I disagreed.  

Aside from that stuff, the girl herself was pretty awesome initially.  I'm very physically attracted to Asian girls, I feel like I'm genetically pre-disposed to be.  I've tried dating white girls, especially since I've moved to a white neighbourhood it's become a frequent thing.  But, for instance, out of a group of say 5 girls, I'll always notice the Asian one first.  It's not a good thing, as I've had very bad experiences with Asian girls.  So it's like I'm physically attracted to them, but emotionally they're a mess.  #cannottrust #trouble
So all of my relationships with Asian girls have been on & off, as they're super hot but hard to date.  That was my longest.  But they mainly start and end the same way, as open relationships that dwindle, and lead to drinking.   

Guest nana544

I don't...but I'm only one so I can't speak for everyone. You just met horrible Asian girls that's all.

Archived