Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

Replies

• mssegacrazymssegacrazy Posts: 377Member

IDOL

tenta812 said:
    I think the lead actor they picked has a look as an Emperor. Although i haven't seen any drama or movie of him ,for sure ALWAYS with HA JI WON's partner will boost his popularity. Mind you he is good looking too. 
    Who is cast as the emperor?
    I am an avid fan of the AMAZING YEOJA
  • edensoredensor I'm Her Star Candy Posts: 5,592Member

LEGEND

Yaaay! Joo Jin Mo <3 :x He's awesome in traditional/sageuk setting productions. A good match with HJW. Jinjja. Can't wait for October! Ha Ji Won-Joo Jin Mo fighting!

Ahh... its him!!
    I keep keep thinking where did I see Joo Jin Moo... who is he??
    And with this pic I now remember! He is the one in Frozen Flower with Jo In Sung and Song Ji Hyo right??
    He is the king. I can't continue watch that movie/// Only watch the first 30 mins then stopXD

Sneaking into your heart...

koreanlite
  • irilightirilight Posts: 3,890Member

LEGEND

edited August 2013

Kim Seo-hyeong's tension with Ha Ji-won

Actress Kim Seo-hyeong is attempting at her first historical drama.

Kim Seo-hyeong has taken on the role of Queen Hwang in the new MBC drama "Empress Qi".

Kim Seo-hyeong is a proud and elegant character who is a master in politics. She builds tension withHa Ji-won who stars as Empress Qi.

Kim Seo-hyeong starred in last year's drama "Salaryman" as Mo Ga-bi and will be returning with"Empress Qi" for the first time in a year and 7 months.

Kim Seo-hyeong said, "I'm very nervous as it's been a while. I can't wait to see what my third project with director Jang Yeong-cheol and writer Jeong Kyeong-soon-I creates this time and it's very intense because it's my first historical drama".

Meanwhile, "Empress Qi" is a 50 part drama about a Koryeo woman's love and struggle as the leader of the Yuan Dynasty.

Source: Hancinema

Watching: Joseon Gunman, Trot Lovers, Hi! School - Love On, Temptation, Marriage not Dating,  Endless Love, 
    Awaiting:  The Greatest Wedding, Night Watchman's Journal,
    Secret Door, Three Musketeers, Reset, My Secret Hotel,  Bad Guys, The Mermaid aka Surplus Princess, What's with this Family, ,
    Check out Food/meal and beverages that you saw in K-dramas thread
    lljsykk2013edensorLiberaniknokdagu425
  • lljsykk2013lljsykk2013 Posts: 139Member

IDOL

Can't wait to see who will be emperor and can have love line with our cool girl HJW  :) 
    They should choose some one young,cute and cool~~~
    niknokdagu425koreanlite
  • eeldeerloveeeldeerlove hallyuphile Posts: 454Member

SUPERSTAR

I'm not sure about this article.. it says something like a certain professor wants to revise the script of Empress Ki drama because of some distortion in historical facts?

http://www.segye.com/content/html/2013/08/29/20130829000691.html?OutUrl=naver

image             image
       Dramabucks,              Bubblefeet Music
    edensorLiberasara1117niknokdagu425
  • wisteria7wisteria7 Posts: 1,433Member

SUPERSTAR

Biting nails off waiting for casting to be finished and the series to start. Sigh.

Please kindly read the signature rules.

• edensoredensor I'm Her Star Candy Posts: 5,592Member

LEGEND

I wish to see LJS and HJW in a drama together again. I only saw them in Secret Graden. Do they have another drama/movie together?
    Sneaking into your heart...

lljsykk2013
  • nonieenoniee Posts: 1,447Member

SUPERSTAR

excited to see hjw in hanbok.. it remind me hwangjini and i like the scripwriter. hope it will get high rating since it will be blokbuster drama from mbc.
    BLUE IS MY PEOPLE
    niknokdagu425
  • sara1117sara1117 I ♥ Lee SeungGi Posts: 2,874Member

LEGEND

Oh, so the script is being revised? Hmm well that's not a good sign for this drama popularity. As much as i care for history accuracy I care for HJW choice too. Neither Empress Ki or the emperor were good characters so I'm not sure how korean viewers would react. I'm conflicted, drama popularity or accuracy? But again, people wont like it if the writer made changes! Oh, This drama is getting so much tension even before it airs and some people are concerned about that period costume and hairstyle even MBC is having a hard time casting the second lead!

Plz MBC, be good to Ha Ji Won this time!

pandora460wisteria7

SUPERSTAR

sara1117 wrote: »
    Oh, so the script is being revised? Hmm well that's not a good sign for this drama popularity. As much as i care for history accuracy I care for HJW choice too. Neither Empress Ki or the emperor were good characters so I'm not sure how korean viewers would react. I'm conflicted, drama popularity or accuracy? But again, people wont like it if the writer made changes! Oh, This drama is getting so much tension even before it airs and some people are concerned about that period costume and hairstyle even MBC is having a hard time casting the second lead!

now i really worry about HJW. hope the story will not chance too much. even saeguk drama like goddes of fire get low rating hope it will not effect empress qi. MBC please do a good job! and casting a charismatic 2nd lead.. beside future choice who know what drama will compete with empress qi?

BLUE IS MY PEOPLE
  • sara1117sara1117 I ♥ Lee SeungGi Posts: 2,874Member

LEGEND

@noniee

SBS will air The Suspicious Housekeeper. It will premiere at the end of Sept

SUPERSTAR

@nonieeSBS will air The Suspicious Housekeeper. It will premiere at the end of Sept

oh right i forget, thank you. hope the best for HJW's drama.
    BLUE IS MY PEOPLE
  • wangnyeowangnyeo ELF <3 His Heart NeurologistPosts: 2,853Member

LEGEND

I will go for well-written and well-directed drama. :D

I think accuracy will make the drama boring. Imagine 50 episodes to be based on such limited historical resources. Even the best of writers cannot do it. I think some of them may snooze off while writing the drama. Just kidding. :D

Anyways, I want the drama to be imaginative and powerful and strong and dark with a heartfelt and meaningful ending.

Im just so proud ha ji won is the lead actress for this. Exactly one month to go for October. Wake me up please when September ends. :D
    I think this drama is just like Jang Ok Jang and Dong yi stories , were nobody no who was the best or what was wrong and what was right ! 
    But both dramas did well and I loved both ,, although still loved Dong Yi more because it was well or super well written and directed ( in my opinion ) and so even though the character of Lady Jang on Dong Yi was not the good character but I loved her and empathized with her more than Dong Yi ... 

For this drama ,, as many have said , despite its 50 episodes and there is somehow a tension surrounding it , but I am not afraid or disliking unni to star on it.
    because in my eyes , yup she is now beyond the level of looking for a popularity ,, and also somehow beyond the quality as well because there is now some roles which is hardly to fit for anyone except HA JI WON and that is it which satisfying me ^^ .. 

They are other actresses who also has a high profile and their recent works are not doing well as their previous one but it is a different story with them because most of them still they did not have or create special color ! ,, for HJW unni surly she did .. and it is not ACTION only bet She is a true versatile actress who would be sought out for many - in future challenging and significant roles .. 
    imageimage
    My Queen Elissa comes back, Teuk Oppa is back & my Super Junior is preparing for their comeback !
    Watching Joseon Gunman I Fated to love you  I  It's Ok It's Love I Marriage without dating  

koreanliteniknokdagu425Liberashammyhjw4ever
  • Miky88Miky88 RomaniaPosts: 3,070Member

LEGEND

edited September 2013
    edensor said:
    I wish to see LJS and HJW in a drama together again. I only saw them in Secret Graden. Do they have another drama/movie together?
    they also played in AS One movie...
    In the real history the Empress loved the Goguryo king and stayed with the Yuan Emperior ?
    I really hope that she doesn't die in the end like most of the other historical ones
    Liberaniknokdagu425