Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

[Drama 2013/2014] ♚ Empress Ki (기황후) ♚

Replies

• chrissydivachrissydiva Posts: 1,217Member

SUPERSTAR

sara1117 said:
    Nooo way! MBC don't be that low! Subs gives totally stronger impression. I watched ep 9 subbed and had goosebumps when YW gave that speech to his people when he won over Yeom. But I had blank face when watching that in raw :|
    LOL I said it before. I can get the zest of what they are talking about in modern Korean dramas. So i can watch it with subs later and feel pretty good about myself at least getting the main points of the episode. In sageuk, i'm like blank face like all i hear is white noises. Subs really helps you determine whether the person was talking crap or giving the best speech.

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or die. There is no middleground."
    Youtube Page
    "24:Live Another Day" May 5, 2014 -- Jack Bauer is back, baby!

sara1117lyaarisafatma_1
  • CherKellCherKell PERSIMMO-YUMMIES!!! Posts: 2,776Member

LEGEND

edited December 2013
    Spoiler Tag Reminder -- no capital letters, nor spaces:

cherkell twitter * Scotch and Asparagus: Drama Recaps * Ji Chang Wook Soompi Forum * Ji Chang Wook's Kitchen
    *DO NOT UPLOAD DAYROCK PHOTOS TO OTHER WEBSITES*   *DO NOT QUOTE PICTURES AND VIDEOS*
    SMP567larabntessieroo
  • SMP567SMP567 Posts: 2,313Member

LEGEND

edited December 2013
    EP 11  PREVIEW

Spoiler:
    At the battle field, the turks are plotting something.   Someone orders to set the fire.   General Baek orders the attack on the turks.   WY is questioning him as it seems the General plans to use Goryeou people as human shields. 
    fantoosafatma_1churasantessieroo
  • chrissydivachrissydiva Posts: 1,217Member

SUPERSTAR

@CherKell LOL "nastygrams" I don't go that far, and honestly, i don't have time for that. I may threaten body arm on writers from time to time, but frankly  i am still a little kitty who can't even touch a gun LOL

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or die. There is no middleground."
    Youtube Page
    "24:Live Another Day" May 5, 2014 -- Jack Bauer is back, baby!

CherKelllyaarisasusany2k5_1tessieroo
  • rinchan76rinchan76 Posts: 337Member

SUPERSTAR

Does anyone know the significance of TH royal robe (the white and gold one plus he was wearing that crown from when he got married), when he was yelling at SN and saying she can mock him in the preview. The last time I saw him in that outfit he was meeting TN. Is he by chance setting up LP as his concubine? it would explain why El Temur was discussing the relationship between politics and status.  :-?
    lyaarisalljsykk2013Sulli Minhotessieroo
  • cattxcattx Posts: 471Member

SUPERSTAR

:-B I waited till today to watch episode 9 subbed with the hopes that episode 10 would finally be subbed in my area...no such luck. So, I am grateful to be able to come to this thread to read recaps and comments to 'sustain' me till I am able to watch eps 10 subbed. Thanks to everyone for making this an interesting thread to follow. There is nothing to be done, but to be patient especially since this drama is not even at its half way mark. Episode 9 subbed, was as expected: excellent. I honestly felt that subconsciously, SN's dream with WY was more about her inner struggle to accept that her vengeance would have to wait and it would only cause 'destruction' and pain for all of her people...she'd have to seek the greater good, set aside her personal vengeance and plan strategically and intelligently, rather than impulsively..accepting this fact, of course, wasn't easy for SN. It is logical that WY would be in her dream because he would want the greater good for his people. I'm not quite sure that I have explained myself well...but, I don't think it really matters because this thread has gone way past episode 9. Plus, there are so many more insightful comments, than what I could even begin to express. I'm Excited for the next two episodes and even more so for the recaps, pics and comments because it just makes waiting so much easier. Thanks again to everyone on this thread. [I do have a question. Please excuse my ignorance but what are spams. I rec'd 5 spam. I haven't a clue what spams are. I am guessing it isn't good. Could someone explain spams. I can't think that I have said anything or done anything wrong. I've decided to just read rather than comment any way; but, I still would like to know. :-/ :-?? :| ]
    lyaarisatessieroo