Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Drama 2013] Cruel City / Heartless City 무정도시

Comments

• yujinlimbyujinlimb Posts: 106Member

IDOL

I just finished watching epi 8 and this drama is getting better and better. I can't wait for next week now
    gorresJilliasuchadiva42shae
  • joyfulsjoyfuls Posts: 72Member
    Jillia said:
    @joyfuls

You can't compare the ratings of cable dramas with ratings of the regular broadcast stations. Cable is something you have to pay for in Korea - hence the ratings seem to be low but for a cable drama Heartless City got really good ratings so far. :)

And what do you mean by plot holes!? Don't get me wrong I'm open for people to show me mistakes but so far they still need to unfold the full extent of what is happening in this drama. So of course many things are still missing.
    Yep, I know that cable ratings aren't that high. Although, 1% is kinda average for cable dramas these days. Childless Fortune which is on the same network hit 10% in it's run.

But whoa the ratings this week were crazy high. I wonder if it's true.

About the plot holes....I don't think it makes sense at all that SM would become an undercover cop without any training. That would just never happen in real life. Also how does nobody know that SH is an undercover cop, he even has his badge and everything. Didn't he attend police academy?

I'm kinda used to Nam Gyuri's eyes now. She's doing really well in this role and I'm not at all distracted by her appearance.
    gorressuchadiva42
  • KgrlKgrl Posts: 1,273Member

SUPERSTAR

edited June 2013
    @xxxzxxx Perhaps you are right...that SM was only being a petulant child seeking attention and remorse from HM. I just think below the surface of her act lies a girl who craves love. So, albeit her crush on HM can not be considered love, it reminds me of her affections for HM rather than her hate for him. To me, SM is "acting out" because she wants HM to care for her, to prove herself worthy. Again, I may be looking too much into the psychological issues of SM's character, but that's what struck me when I watched Ep 7 & 8. I also do not think SM is truly aware of what she has gotten herself into...she is still very much a child, even if she is a bold, determined child.

@joyfuls SH did not attend policy academy...so I'm also not sure how in the world he got his badge & uniform. Special circumstance permit? Are those items even real/legitimate? Just like I'm astounded HM is telling SM she could be a cop after she successfully takes down a big-guy from the drug cartel. Is this even a standing rule in the Korean police force?

{YT} {Moonlights International}
    Currently: You From Another Star

Avatar & Banners credit to lovewls
    Jilliadimples21suchadiva42shae
  • clockwatcherclockwatcher 2ndary Couple Shipper CyberspacePosts: 6,399Member

SUPERSTAR

edited June 2013
    Oh Lord. The big boss really taught Safari a lesson.  I bet he was seeing stars. LOL. Why did he kill Kang, though?  

gorresJilliasuchadiva42
  • yujinlimbyujinlimb Posts: 106Member

IDOL

@Kgrl;
    I share the exact sentiment like you in case of SM. She is still childish inside even thought she is determined to have revenge against SH. Ohh well I m okay with her character until now but lets see how it will shape up as she defo is goin to play a big role within SH and HM life.
    suchadiva42shae
  • xxxzxxxxxxzxxx Posts: 571Member

SUPERSTAR

edited June 2013
    "About the plot holes....I don't think it makes sense at all that SM would become an undercover cop without any training. That would just never happen in real life."

I have to agree on this - having SM go undercover is pretty ridiculous. I actually feel it makes a joke of how much skill and training it requires to pull something like this off by having a normal girl without training do it.
    ricefield7rfeipatriarchasuchadiva42
  • trixicoppertrixicopper Posts: 384Member

IDOL

SM going undercover is truly the 5000 pound gorilla of WTFery in the room. Personally I decided to let it go because everything else has been so awesome.

xxxzxxx said:
    "About the plot holes....I don't think it makes sense at all that SM would become an undercover cop without any training. That would just never happen in real life."

I have to agree on this - having SM go undercover is pretty ridiculous. I actually feel it makes a joke of how much skill and training it requires to pull something like this off by having a normal girl without training do it.

patriarchasuchadiva42