• Birthdate: 1993-Jun-28
  • Birthplace: South Korea
  • Star sign: Cancer
  • Height: 180cm
  • Bloodtype: A
  • Agency: PI Entertainment

BIOGRAPHY

Personal Life

Lee Min-ho was born in South Korea on June 28, 1993. His family consists of his father, mother and one older sister. He finishes his high school at Paikyang High School and currently taking up theater major in Chung-Ang University's Institute of the Arts.

He became an actor not because he wants to but because it was his father dream before but couldn't pursue it. There are times that he rebel against his parents because he thought that they were forcing him to do something against his will. In middle school, Lee Min-ho used to be the captain of their soccer team. He was a top scorer 2008 Seoul FC with 10 goals for that season and considered as soccer prodigy. He loved soccer to the point where he wanted to become a soccer player, but eventually upon entering high school he came to realize what acting was like and started to enjoy it. 

His parents even took him to acting workshop because they we’re concerned about his situation when he start questioning about his career while at that time his good friend Yoo Seung-ho already started playing lead roles in dramas God of Study and Flames of Ambition. Lee Min-ho also considered using a stage name because many confused him with the City Hunter’s Lee Min-ho but his parents disapprove with the idea and said that instead of changing his name, he should work harder to be recognized. 

He also reveal in many of his interviews that he likes Kim Yoo-jung and that he would like to act with her again. 

He also cited actor Song Kang-ho and Kim Yoon-seok as his role models.

FILMOGRAPHY​

Drama

• [sBS] Soonpoong Clinic (1998, debut) 
  • [KBS2] Legend of Ambition (1998)
  • [MBC] The Great King's Road (1998)
  • [sBS] Woman on Top (1999) 
  • [KBS2] Empress Myeongseong (2001)
  • [KBS2] Jang Hee Bin (2002)
  • [KBS2] People in the Zoo (2002)
  • [sBS] Jang Gil San (2004)
  • [KBS] Magic Warriors Mir & Gaon (2005)                                                                                                                                                                                                      
  • [sBS] Love and Ambition (2006)
  • [MBC] Exhibition of Fireworks (2006)
  • [MBC] High Kick! (2006)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
  • [sBS] Gangnam Mom (2007)
  • [KBS2] My Dad Loves Trouble (2009)
  • [KBS2] Grudge: Revolt of the Gumiho (2010)
  • [KBS2] Sungkyunkwan Scandal (2010)
  • [MBC] Storm Lovers (2010)
  • [KBS2] The Thorn Birds (2011)
  • [MBC] Gyebaek (2011)
  • [MBC] A Thousand Kisses (2011)
  • [KBS2] TV Cultural Center - Eom Ji's (2011)
  • [MBC] Moon Embracing the Sun (2012)
  • [sBS] Rooftop Prince (2012)
  • [sBS] The Great Seer (2012
  • [KBS] Sword and Flower (2013)
  • [KBS] Prime Minister and I (2013)
  • [NaverTV] Teleport Lover (2014)

Movies

• Waikiki Brothers (2001)                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
  • Show Show Show (2002)                                                                                                                                                                                                                              
  • Le Grand Chef (2007)                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • Actually, I am Superman (2009)                                                                                                                                                                                                                
  • Be With Me (2010)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
  • Howling (2012)                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
  •  Running Man (2013)
  • School of Youth (2014)
  • Time Renegade (2015)

Musical

• Magic Warriors Mir & Gaon: The Musical (2005)
  • Children Alchemist (2006)
  • La Cage Aux Folles (2012)

Music Video

• [2BiC]
    (2012)

OTHERS

Endorsements 

• Lotte Samkang (1999)
  • Samseongdang (1999)'
  • Nongshim Noodle (1999)
  • (1999)
  • (2006)
  • G Star Shop Market (2012)
  • (2012)

Social Contributions

• Youth Honorary Ambassador (Ministry of Gender Equality and Family) with Kim Yoo-jung (2012)
  • Honorary Ambassador for CAPA (Confederation of Asian and Pacific Accountants) with f(x) Luna (2015)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official Twitter Acct.: https://twitter.com/93LeeMinHo

Official Instagram Acct.: https://instagram.com/minholeee_

Official Cyworld Acct.: http://www.cyworld.com/minho0628

Fanpage in Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lee-Min-Ho-1993/1375370162720180

https://www.facebook.com/LeeMinHo1993andKimYooJung

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest maea18

class="fbPhotoAlbumTitle" style="font-size: 18px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); margin: 32px 214px 7px 213px; padding: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"130401 Lee Min Ho @ SBS Radio Kim Chang Ryul's Old Schoolcr. sbs & tvdaily.mk
32612_323279747774503_1811671353_n.jpg

67954_323279881107823_337401570_n.jpg

45501_323279907774487_1281504310_n.jpg

67840_323279997774478_1583587190_n.jpg

46601_323280044441140_1969497911_n.jpg

383127_323279861107825_1746738869_n.jpg

536618_323280097774468_1499302597_n.jpg

644449_322142027888275_1314450798_n.jpg

Guest maea18

120208 "The Sun and The Moon" Lee Min-ho "I was jealous that Yoo Seung-ho became famous"

2012020810164263995_1.jpg

The Moon That Embraces The Sun gives a sudden boost for Lee Min Ho’s career. Now he features in many TV talk shows, variety programs, interviews and magazine photo shoots.

But do you know that not long ago he was jealous with the success of his fellow child actor Yoo Seung Ho.

Lee Min Ho and Yoo Seung Ho both was born in 1993 and started acting career in their early age.

During SBS TV program Strong Heart , February 7, Lee Min Ho unveiled that he and Yoo Seung Ho were having same popularity  during the drama Magic Warrior Mir & Gaon when they were 6th grade elementary school children.

As Lee Min Ho grew older, he still got several drama roles but not one successfully brought his name to fame.

And in the age of 16 he was questioning his career while in the same time Yoo Seung Ho was already a hot young actor , got leading roles in drama such as God of Study and Flames of Ambition.Concerned with his situation, Lee Min Ho’s parents took him to acting school and now he thanks his parents for that.

That jealousy time was  all memory for Lee Min Ho. Thanks to The Moon That Embraces The Sun, he’s famous now and next month he plays an important supporting role in Rooftop Prince.

source: Stoo

Guest maea18

It's about Lee Min Ho being an action star in the movie.. Lee Min Ho take off his existing soft and pure image for the movie running man by doing stunts, (he also shown us his action skills in TMETS many times before ;)) ). 
130419 ‘런닝맨’ 이민호, 그에게 스턴트맨은 사치다 ‘액션루키 탄생’
이민호가 '런닝맨'을 통해 진화된 액션을 선보인다.

지난 4월 4일 개봉한 영화 '런닝맨'은 살인 누명을 쓴 차종우(신하균)가 진실을 파헤치기 위해 고군분투하는 과정을 그린다. 

이민호는 차종우 아들 차기혁으로 분해 빠르고 화려한 액션을 뽐낸다. 특히 난이도 높은 동작을 스턴트맨 없이 직접 소화해내 액션 배우로 거듭난 모습을 보인다. 
9bad5a4f35aa4cb3be62f5c6ab990b56.jpg

이민호는 기존 부드럽고 순수한 이미지를 벗고 거칠고 강인한 남성미를 유감없이 발휘한다. 이민호는 직접 오토바이를 타고 맨몸 액션을 선보이며 몸을 사라지 않는 투혼을 보여준다. 

아역스타로 시작해 충무로가 주목한 신예로 자리매김한 이민호는 신하균과 티격태격 부자 연기와 찰떡궁합 액션 연기를 선보인다.

이에 관객들은 "아역 이미지를 완벽히 벗어난 이민호, 보는 내내 박진감 넘친다" "이민호의 재발견, 훤칠하게 정말 잘 컸다" "이민호 앞으로 한국 액션 배우로 거듭나길 바란다" "이민호 향후 행보가 기대된다" 등 반응을 보였다.

한편 '런닝맨'은 14일 누적 관객수 100만명(영화진흥위원회 영화관입장권통합전산망 기준)을 돌파했다. (사진=폭스 인터내셔널 프로덕션)

source : newsen

Guest Lin Jun

maea18 said: It's about Lee Min Ho being an action star in the movie.. Lee Min Ho take off his existing soft and pure image for the movie running man by doing stunts, (he also shown us his action skills in TMETS many times before ;)) ). 
130419 ‘런닝맨’ 이민호, 그에게 스턴트맨은 사치다 ‘액션루키 탄생’
이민호가 '런닝맨'을 통해 진화된 액션을 선보인다.

지난 4월 4일 개봉한 영화 '런닝맨'은 살인 누명을 쓴 차종우(신하균)가 진실을 파헤치기 위해 고군분투하는 과정을 그린다. 

이민호는 차종우 아들 차기혁으로 분해 빠르고 화려한 액션을 뽐낸다. 특히 난이도 높은 동작을 스턴트맨 없이 직접 소화해내 액션 배우로 거듭난 모습을 보인다. 

201304191723019510_1.jpg

이민호는 기존 부드럽고 순수한 이미지를 벗고 거칠고 강인한 남성미를 유감없이 발휘한다. 이민호는 직접 오토바이를 타고 맨몸 액션을 선보이며 몸을 사라지 않는 투혼을 보여준다. 

아역스타로 시작해 충무로가 주목한 신예로 자리매김한 이민호는 신하균과 티격태격 부자 연기와 찰떡궁합 액션 연기를 선보인다.

이에 관객들은 "아역 이미지를 완벽히 벗어난 이민호, 보는 내내 박진감 넘친다" "이민호의 재발견, 훤칠하게 정말 잘 컸다" "이민호 앞으로 한국 액션 배우로 거듭나길 바란다" "이민호 향후 행보가 기대된다" 등 반응을 보였다.

한편 '런닝맨'은 14일 누적 관객수 100만명(영화진흥위원회 영화관입장권통합전산망 기준)을 돌파했다. (사진=폭스 인터내셔널 프로덕션)

source : http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201304191723019510

Guest maea18

100818 Interview with Korean actor Lee Min-ho

photo131816.jpg

Korean actor Lee Min-ho-I [Chae Ki-won/10Asia]

My name is Lee Min-ho
I had considered using a stage name because many people confuse me with the other actor Lee Min-ho. My parents disapprove of that idea though and say that I should work harder instead of changing my name and taking a step backwards. So I'm just going to work hard and live with my name. (laugh) 
I was born on June 28, 1993. My co-stars Seo Sin-ae and Kim Yoo-jeong asked what I wanted for my birthday this year. I couldn't ask them to buy me a present because I am older than them, so I instead told them to write me a letter. They each gave me a handwritten letter, chocolates and a foam cleanser. I was so thankful. 
I am a junior at Paikyang High School. It's a co-ed school and I sit next to a girl. Most people might think I am popular but I'm actually not. At first, my classmates were fascinated with me but we all became friends once we got to know each other. 
The first scene that I shot for "Grudge: The Revolt of Gumiho" (Gumiho) was when my character Jung-kyu and Yeon-yi (played by Kim Yoo-jeong) gets attacked by a flock of birds at a barley field in Gochang-gun located in the North Jeolla Province. It was awkward because Yoo-jeong and I were still getting to know each other and it was really uncomfortable watching the scene because we were staring at a blank blue screen and yelling "Run!" before the CG (computer generated) effects. And the director kept saying "Try to put on a wider smile and look at her in a loving way". (laugh) Yoo-jeong and I have become close ever since because we film together all day.
I was bombarded with text messages from my classmates when the kissing scene between Yoo-jeong and Jung-kyu went on air. I received messages like "You bad guy, Dog!" and Internet comments said things like, "Oh you bad boy, how can you do that to an elementary school student!" But Yoo-jeong has already shot a kissing scene before while this was my first...
My co-star Kim Yoo-jeong is actually a chic girl. I bought these magic trick kits when I was in middle school because I liked magic and I showed Yoo-jeong a simple magic trick with chopsticks when we first met over a meal. It would have been nice if her reaction was "Oh wow oppa [word used by younger girls to call an older guy] that is so amazing!"... I think Yoo-jeong was fascinated on the inside but just didn't show it. Her reaction was "Eh, what is that? Give it to me! " Yoo-jeong is very chic! 
And one day, My other co-star Shin-ae comes over and asked "Oppa, why do you only talk with Yoo-jeong and not play with me?" It is because Jung-kyu and Yeon-yi have a lot of scenes together but I decided I should treat Shin-ae a lot better if I made her feel that way.
There is a scene where Jung-kyu leaves Yeon-yi when she turned into a nine tailed fox. I wanted to show a twist to the story and just fled the scene like I was running away but I kind of regret it because I received many comments like "You bad boy! How can you run away from such a cute fox like her? Poor Yeon-yi!" (laugh) I don't know what is going to happen in the end but I just hope I look cool when Jung-kyu becomes the victim because of Yeon-yi...
After 6th grade, I grew 16 centimeters in one year. Right now I'm 175 centimeters tall but my goal is to be at least 180 centimeters. I'm a bit worried because it doesn't seem like I'm getting taller but I've been told that guys grow even until they enter the military. (laugh)
It was so much fun shooting "Magic Fighter: Mir & Gaon" with fellow actor Yoo Seung-hoEvery day I thought about the fun things we should do on set. When we first started shooting we were all young and after a year we changed. We grew taller and hit puberty. 
I used to be able to run 50 meters in six and a half seconds but it rose by a few seconds after I entered high school. I thought to myself "Oh, is it because I'm older?" but fortunately enough, I was chosen as the class representative for the relay race and for soccer. 
I love soccer to the point where I wanted to become a soccer player. I was in a soccer club when I was in middle school and I received the top scorer award. I think I scored 10 goals during about 9 or 10 games. 
You can't really call it action but in "Grudge: The Revolt of Gumiho", there are scenes where I practice with swords or I roughly drag around Yeon-yi in a manly way. The director gave me compliments saying "Our action star did a great job!" (laugh) 
I love to bring atmospheres to life so I'm the type that overreacts and give big reactions when I'm with my friends or singing karaoke. I make jokes that don't make sense but they end up becoming empty jokes. My friends start to curse at me once the mood dies out. (laugh) Someone once told me that I should try out my jokes on a variety program...
I would like to appear on a variety show one day. I think it will be fun to be on "One Night, Two Days" or a talk show like "Steel Heart" or "World Changing Quiz". I don't think I will have anything to talk about on "Steel Heart" though, since I'm still too young…
If I was given a chance to become a singer, I want to be a part of a group. I think by living together we can make up for the aspects that the other person lacks in. Of course it will be sad to be living away from my parents but it will fun to form a new family. How many members? I think five would be just the right number. 
My role models are actors Song Kang-ho and Kim Yoon-seok. I am still far from being like them but when I see them act, I just love how comfortably they do it, as if it's part of their everyday life. 
If I had to choose just one female celebrity that I like, it would have to be singer IU! She's pretty and sings really well. I visited her personal homepage and I felt that she is really kind and considerate to all her fans. This is the first time talking about this...is this going to be written in the interview? Oh no, what do I do!!!

Reporter : Choi Ji-Eun five@
Photographer : Chae ki-won ten@
Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@, Jang Kyung-Jin three@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Source : 10.asiae.co.kr/Articl... ( English Korean )

Guest maea18

120326 Lee Min Ho Chosen as Model for G-Market’s Star Shop

Actor Lee Min Ho is getting attention because of starring in MBC TV series The Moon that Embraces the Sun in the role of young Prince Yang Myung, and was selected as the spokesperson for Star Shop of Internet marketplace G Market.

The Star Shop theme of G Market which started since 2005 provides the shopping opportunity for the fashion leaders in the entertainment industry to sell directly to the customers who prefer their style. Lee Min Ho is the first to be identified as the model of Star Shop in 2012.

Lee Min Ho who is 20 years old this year, will show several undisclosed collection of video clips of growth story so far, the frank interview on love and work, behind the scene of TPO (Time, Place, Occasion) shooting of various styles of pictorials.

The shooting this time was done over a longer period, for a total of over 30 kinds of different styles. He shot with a fresh new vibrant look each time.

An official of G Market said, “Apart from having the unique sense of freshness of 20 years old, Lee Min Ho also possesses the extraordinary charm and sharp eyes, having a variety of charms at the same time. Lee Min Ho is the most suitable model for the intention of G Market when it’s set up.”

gmarket-lee-min-ho.jpg

In addition, the official of G Market also said, “In the future, Star Shop will showcase the hidden charm and stories of the stars which cannot be seen through TV screen, displaying the most natural fashion.”

Lee Min Ho is starring in the SBS TV series Rooftop Prince as an adult actor, signaling a new beginning for his acting career.

via TV Report

Guest maea18

1202 Lee Min Ho Interview in Vogue Girl English Translation

Actor Lee Min Ho was been interviewed by Vogue Girl magazine in February 2012. His interview was published in March 2012 edition of Vogue Girl magazine. Here’s the interview translated into English.

- Challenging for the first time the adult role in Rooftop Prince TV series.

“Very worry. Other actors (Park Yoochun, Han Ji Min, Jung Yoo Mi and others are senior actors in their twenties. I am just stepping into twenty.

- Is there any special preparation?

“Currently finding the characteristic of Song Man Bo’s personality. Want to get rid of the impact of the role of Yang Myung in The Moon that Embraces the Sun (TMTETS) is not so easy. Because the role of Yang Myung is accepted by audience in high degree.

sunnmoon-lee-min-ho-vogue-girl-interview

- Yang Myung has an image of capable in intellect and martial arts, while Song Man Bo is the youngest number-one scholar. Child Jo Jung Kyu of Grudge: The Revolt of Gumiho is really smart. As the smart childe in the drama, how’s the Lee Min Ho in reality?

“Very similar (laughs). Just joking, even if it’s just a role, but if it can be similar then it’s better. Actually, I am not that smart.”

- The memory of child actors is good.

“Are you thinking that good in memorizing the script, then the examination can also depend on memory? Can study and acting be the same?”

- At what age you feel that puberty irritable and revolt period?

“Secondary two. The height suddenly grew by 12cm, the voice had also changed. At that time I resisted my parents, saying I don’t want acting. But when I calm down and thinking what other way I could go, I started to get scared. Actor, the role which I have done for over 10 years, previously I did because others let me do it, but since then I feel that I do it because of my interest. During filming of Grudge: The Revolt of Gumiho, I started to feel that acting is interesting.

- Kim Yoo Jung who cooperated at that time has been co-starring with you once again in TMTETS. What’s the feeling after meeting again after 2 years?

“Become more mature. Still can slightly feel the feeling of puberty, now she won’t call me ‘oppa, oppa’ like previously.”

- Heard that you’re preparing for a moving and tragic film, also heard that there is “Jeseon version” of romance scenf of Wolf’s Temptation?

“When seeing the script for episode 2, I felt momentarily that the scene is similar with Kang Dong Won in Wolf’s Temptation at that time. I practiced while watching Wolf’s Temptation and Classic, but it’s still very difficult. There is no umbrella and no coat, just using the corner of the robe to shelter from rain. Therefore the pose was not so good. Of course, the post-processing edit was excellent.

- Is there anywhere you dissatisfied with after the scene was shot?

“The front tooth is too big. When opening the mouth looks a bit blank, when closing the month the expression looks stiff. So in the hidden camera will always show only the month, when small I feel the outlook is okay, now always have the thought whether should go for plastic surgery. Now is time to abandon the image of Jung Bae in Soonpoong Clinic.

source: Vouge
translated by: dramahaven

Guest maea18

120224 Stars arrived at Eight Seconds launching

"Stars attended the grand launching of new Eight Seconds shop at Sinsadong, Gangnam, Seoul on  February 23.
The teenage couple from The Moon That Embraces The Sun , Kim Yoo Jung and Lee Min Ho, were there,"

Lee Min Ho, Kim Yoo Junglee-min-ho-184x300.jpg_hyuncompressedkim-yoo-jung-196x300.jpg
cr. as tagged

Archived