[Drama 2013] The Goddess of Fire, Jung Yi 불의 여신 정이

Admin

THE GODDESS OF FIRE, JUNG YI (불의 여신 정이)

004_zpsf5f11d33.jpg%7Eoriginal

Title: The Goddess of Fire, Jung Yi (불의 여신 정이)
Romanization: Boolui Yeoshin Jung Yi
Chinese Title: 火之女神 井兒
Genre: Historical & Romance
Episodes: 32
Broadcast Network: MBC
Broadcast Period: 2013-July-01 to 2013-Oct-15
Air Time: Monday & Tuesday @ 21:55 KST
Director: Park Sung Soo
Screenwriter: Kwon Soon Gyu

SYNOPSIS

"The Goddess of Fire, Jung-Yi" depicts the life and love of Yoo Jung, the first woman who ever made ceramic in the Joseon dynasty. After she was kidnapped to Japan during a war, she demonstrated the superiority of Joseon potters in Japan.
CAST

Moon Geun Young as Jung Yi
Jin Ji Hee as Jung Yi (Young)
Lee Sang Yoon as Prince Gwang Hae
No Young Hak as Gwang Hae (Young)
Park Gun Hyung as Lee Yook Do
Oh Seung Yoon as Lee Yook Do (Child)
Kim Bum as Kim Tae Do
Park Gun Tae as Kim Tae Do (Child)
Lee Kwang Soo as Prince Imhae
Lee In Sung as Prince Imhae (Young)
Jun Kwang Ryul as Kang Chun
Song Ok Sook as Heng Soo
Jung Bo Suk as Seon Jo
Han Go Eun as Lady In Bin Kim
Seo Hyun Jin as Hwa Ryung
Kim Ji Min as Hwa Ryung (Young)
Lee Jong Won as Jung Yi’s father

VIDEOS

CORRELATION CHART

Credits: KoreanDrama

Please Read & Follow: Soompi Forum Rules K-dramas & K-movies Subforum's Rules  01. Do not post request for subs. Do not request for videos either. Just download from what other Soompiers provided you. 02. Do not post requests for any BT seedings of any videos links as Soompi is not responsible for any of them. 03. Do not request of translations of any kind, as translations are done by our fellow Soompiers' free will. Use the online google translator if you want to read the basic translations of any news in Korean. Anyone who posts these kind of requests, spam or break any of Soompi forum rules will be reported to the mods immediately without any warning given. 04. Do not take any download links from AJA-AJA and paste them out to Soompi or another site. Go directly to the aja-aja site if you want to download anything from there. 05. Don't post any requests for subs! 06. Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. 07. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread. 08. The editing function of the forum has already been fixed so you can edit your posts instead of repeating postings. 09. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods. 10. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viikii, Youtube, Etc. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. 11. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their IDs reported the mods. 12. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their IDs reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. Please do not quote images and videos. Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. (Rules credit to the moderators!)

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MGYlove

@ebulli3nt Thank you again for open this thread for upcoming drama  Moonie, I thought to do until my acolytes, but you were fast! kamsahamnida  ;;)

Guest MGYlove

Moon Geun Young is the “Goddess of Fire” for New Drama
537327_255432121260940_2109054410_n.jpg
It’s confirmed! Moon Geun Young will be making a comeback with the drama “Goddess of Fire Jung-yi” in which she will play the titular role of Yoo Jung, who rises as the Joseon dynasty’s greatest and first female ceramic artist. Moon Geun Young was last seen in a sageuk five years ago in “Painter of the Wind” with Park Shin Yang and Moon Chae Won. She won SBS’ “Best Actor” award in 2008 for her role as the cross-dressing, famed painter Shin Yoon Bok.

The casting for the male lead is still unconfirmed as the latest reports put actor Lee Sang Yoon from the drama “My Daughter, Seoyoung” still looking over the role favorably.

In photos just released by Moon Geun Young’s agency, the actress is shown carefully learning how to mold the pottery in preparation for her role.

“Goddess of Fire Jung-yi” will be directed by Park Sung Soo who also helmed “Ruler of Your Own World.” It will be written by Kwon Soon Gyu whose previous projects include “Warrior Baek Dong Soo.” “Goddess of Fire Jung-yi” is slated to air on MBC after “Gu Family Book” in July.

©Soompi.com

Guest MGYlove

Moon Geun-young confirms her sageuk comeback
MoonGeunYoung_LeeSangYoon1.jpg

Moon Geun-young (Alice in Cheongdam-dong) has been attached for some time to the upcoming historical biopic drama Goddess of Fire Jung-yi, but has finally confirmed that she will headline. And it’s looking more and more like her leading man will be Lee Sang-yoon (My Daughter Seo-young), who is still finalizing contract negotiations. I have no idea how he’ll do his movie and then a drama right after, but he’s got some lead time before the summer drama enters production. This will mark Moon’s first sageuk in five years since 2008′s Painter of the Wind, while Lee Sang-yoon was in 2011′s Duo.

The sageuk will tell the dramatic topsy-turvy life story of Baek Pa-sun, the first female potter in 16th century Joseon, who was among the artisans forcibly taken to Japan during the late-16th century Japanese invasions, and made to continue her craft there. I don’t think the drama will be a straight biopic, since I’m sure they’ll take liberties with the story. But her character will be based on that real-life historical figure. Lee Sang-yoon plays her love interest, though there’s not a lot of background given on his character.

The 32-episode sageuk follows Gu Family Book on Monday-Tuesday, and will be helmed by the PD of Heading to the Ground and the writer of Warrior Baek Dong-soo. I have to say, I’m glad Moon Geun-young is taking a break from the lighter roles, even if I have no idea what to expect from a story about a ceramic artist.

Goddess of Fire Jung-yi premieres in July on MBC.

©dramabeans.com

Guest anitgone

Yay, Moonie has a new drama! Can't wait, let's share the love everyone. So far it's only Moon and Lee Sang Yoon who have confirmed...curious who will be the rest of the supporting cast... and there is one more male lead right?
Not familiar with Lee Sang Yoon's body of work, but it seems like he has good enough acting skills (he seems really cool and smart -- a physics major in Seoul National University -- wow brains, beauty and brawn! Hehehe). The next two months are going to be a loooooooooong wait.....Thanks again @ebulli3nt for starting the thread!Happy Monday!  :))

Guest MGYlove

Moon Geun-yeong to star in drama

photo300475.jpg
Moon Geun-yeong, of the hit drama series "Cheongdam-dong Alice" and "Cinderella's Sister", will return to the small screen in July in a periodic drama. It's the first time in five years that Moon will act in a period drama.

In the drama tentatively named, "Goddess of Fire Jeongi", Moon will play the first female potter of the ancient Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910), who becomes the nation's best pottery artisan.

"Moon has been practicing pottery-making recently and focusing on analyzing the character she's going to play", her agency said. "It is the first time for a period drama to focus on the life of a potter; she is putting forth the best effort to make the character come out perfect".

It's not the first time Moon has played the role of a professional craftsman. Five years ago, Moon portrayed Shin Yun-bok, a renowned Joseon painter, on the premise that the artist could have been a woman, based on the historical novel by Lee Jung-myung, in a drama titled "Painter of the Wind".

The new drama will air after the ongoing MBC drama, "Gu Family Book".

By Lee Sun-min
©hancinema.net

Guest MGYlove

@thegirlwho!  Personally I do not know this actor Lee Sang Yoon, but I have another 2 months to look at his last one drama to have an outline , But no matter who will be the lead man, I am always in the seventh heaven to see again Moonie ^^

Guest anitgone

@mgylove, help! how do I post a fanmade art?@thegirlwho! thanks for the news! I agree this is a cause for celebration :)

Guest anitgone

Ah, I give up, it's nothing great anyways just a teaser poster , thank you for the help @mgylove, I've been trying to do exactly that but for some reason, what appears is the icon with a question mark, it's a jpeg file so I'm not sure why it's not reading it the file.Thanks chingu! :D

Guest MGYlove

class="content-title"Lee Sang Yoon Confirmed to Join Moon Geun Young in “Goddess of Fire” Lee-Sang-Yoon-e1366076714987.png

We reported just yesterday that actress Moon Geun Young was confirmed to be the lead in the upcoming MBC drama, “Goddess of Fire, Jung-yi” Today we can report that actor Lee Sang Yoon will be joining her, playing the role of Prince Gwanghae. The historical figure of Gwanghae was famously played recently by Lee Byung Hun.

In this drama, viewers will see Gwanghae as the prince who became the king of Joseon during a tumultuous period and lives a trouble-filled life. Yet he harbors a strong passion for the person he loves.

Lee Sang Yoon commented, “It has been a long time since I have done a sageuk. I am researching a lot on how to portray Prince Gwanghae. Rather than as a tyrant or a sage, I am preparing to portray Gwanghae as he is so please give us a lot of attention.”

Lee Sang Yoon was last seen as the sweet but strong-willed husband in KBS’ hit weekend drama, “My Daughter, Seoyoung.”

“Goddess of Fire, Jung-yi” will air on MBC after “Gu Family Book” in July.

©Soompi.com

Guest MGYlove

Lee Sang-yoon comes back with "Goddess Of Fire Jeongi"

photo300958.jpg

Actor Lee Sang-yoon is coming back with the upcoming MBC drama "Goddess of Fire Jeongi".

This drama is about the first female potter of the Chosun Times who earned the respect and adoration of fellow potters.

Lee Sang-yoon takes on the role of King Gwang-hae who became king during the confusion of the Chosun but doesn't live a peaceful life due to the threats towards him.

Lee Sang-yoon said, "This is the first historical in a long time. I am working hard on analyzing my role of the King Gwang-hae. I won't disappoint you".

"Goddess of Fire Jeongi" is produced by Park Seong-soo from "A Delicious Proposal" and written by Kwon Soon-gyoo from "Warrior Baek Dong-soo".

"Goddess of Fire Jeongi" will be aired in mid July after "Gu Family Book".

©hancinema.net

Guest MGYlove

Actress Moon Geun-Young is cast in MBC drama series THE GODDESS OF FIRE, JEONGI (literal title of "Boolui Yeoshin Jeongi").
554786_580189328667433_26887235_n.jpg
 She was previously linked to the role as "highly considering" and has now accepted. Drama series is set as a period drama, which marks the first time since 2008 SBS drama "The Painter of Wind" that Moon Geun-Young has appeared in a period drama.

In the drama series THE GODDESS OF FIRE, JEONGI, Moon Geun-Young will play Yoo Jeong, the first woman to make ceramics in the Joseon period.

Actor Lee Sang-Yoon is cast for the male lead in upcoming MBC period drama THE GODDESS OF FIRE, JEONGI, which has already cast Moon Geun-Young in the leading female role.
Lee-Sang-Yoon.jpg
For the drama series, Lee Sang-Yoon will play King Gwanghae, who holds an undying love toward Yoo Jeong (Moon Geun-Young). The king's life isn't so easy due to threats all around him - reference Lee Byung-Hun in 2011 movie "Masquerade" who also played King Gwanghae. Drama series THE GODDESS OF FIRE, JEONGI will air beginning this July in South Korea.

http://asianwiki.com/The_Goddess_of_Fire,_Jeongi

Archived