[Drama 2013] Ugly Alert 못난이주의보

kaiskloset

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Shinobu thanks! 

omoo you mentioned ur fave oppa Tae Joon, got a quick search... and suddenly i remember...

kyahh he is Jung Woo Sung's son in Padam Padam... daebak!

th?id=H.4992462303135864&pid=15.1408809_306025936110989_1947206894_n.jpg

and main leading man Im Joo Hwan (right) - seen here  with his close dongsaeng Song Jongki's VIP premier last Feb.. Joo Hwan who has just back from army and also recently join Blossom Entertainment

tumblr_mim6kzeHtT1rvp0w2o4_500.jpg

Title ~ Kang Sora, Im Joo Hwan chosen as the main lead for SBS drama 'Bravo My Life'

Actress Kang Sora will meet with actor Im Joo Hwan (a.k.a Lim Joo Hwan) through a drama. 

From a telephone conversation, Kang Sora's representative from her agency KM Culture told My Daily on the afternoon of 15th April, it has been confirmed that Kang Sora will take part in SBS new daily drama 'Bravo My Life' (working title).

Following after that, Im Joo Hwan's agency representative also had confirmed
the news on the very same day, stating that Im Joo Hwan will be starring in the SBS daily drama 'Bravo My Life'.

Drama 'Bravo My Life' is going to replace the broadcast slot of drama 'The Birth of a Family' and it is a collaboration work of PD Shin Yoon Sub the director of drama 'Rooftop Prince' and 'Why Did You Come To My House' together with scriptwriter Jung Ji Woo who wrote for drama 'My Lovely Fool' and 'Family's Honor'. It's a story that will show warm family affection by portraying it through the way of understanding & healing each other’s wound within the family.

Im Joo Hwan who hasn’t been on a small screen for a long time after discharged from military last February will meet the viewers through this drama. “It’s my first work after being discharged, I’m so excited and have big expectation about it. Through this work, I’ll show you a good side of me so please give much interests and love to it,” stated Im Joo Hwan via his agency.

'Bravo My life' starring Kang Sora and Im Joo Hwan, is scheduled to be broadcast in May following after drama 'The Birth of a Family'.

** Source: http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201304151717281118&ext=na
** Translate by: Hiedi/@nhb19

Guest manka

if Kang Sora is in it I am too thanks @kaiskloset for openning the thread but if it is daily drama it will be more than 100 episodes  :-S question isnt the main actor from whats up  :-/

Thanks kaiskloset for the information.  I fell for Im Joo Hwan when he played Park Kyu.  But for this drama, I'm most interested in what role Choi Tae Joon will play.  I don't care if he's the bad guy as long as he has plenty of screen time.  I miss his cute face. :D

id="firstHeading" class="firstHeading" lang="en" style="font-size: 1.6em; font-family: sans-serif; font-weight: normal; background-image: none; margin: 0px 0px 0.1em; overflow: hidden; padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(170, 170, 170); line-height: 1.2em;"Lim Ju-hwan/IM Joo Hwan

via wikipedia/imjoohwan fb

529245_464672216879209_913310679_n.jpg
To capitalize on his growing fan base in Japan since the airing there of Tamra, the Island,[4][5] Lim made the 2-episode special dramaHyunhaetan Marriage War about a Korean man and a Japanese woman who fall in love while working together on a Korea-Japan joint project, but face family opposition to their marriage. Hyunhaetan is the Korean name of the strait between Japan and Korea; hence the title, which is a metaphor for the couple’s struggles. 

540668_436991739647257_954655417_n.jpg
The romantic comedy is also known under the title Marriage War of Doenjang-kun and Natto-chanDoenjangis the Korean word for fermented bean paste, while natto is a similar Japanese type of bean paste.547476_436991766313921_1226496843_n.jpg
The long-delayed musical campus drama What's Up? finally aired on cable channel MBN in 2011. It was written by renowned drama scribe Song Ji-na (Sandglass) and is the story of college students learning acting and performance arts in the university's musical theatre department. Lim played the leading role of Jang Je-hun, a cynical outsider who becomes completely immersed in the world of musicals.[6]
398883_418361978176900_160835716_n.jpg

Lim also had a supporting role as a warm-hearted homeless man with Tourette’s syndrome in the film The Suicide Forecast.

Lim enlisted in 2011 and is currently doing his mandatory military service.[7][8]

Personal life

Lim likes to watch films and performances for pleasure and go fishing when he is free. Lim also participated in the project "I Love Pet," organized by the CéCi magazine in October 2010, which aimed to spread awareness about abandoned pets.

168869_462151360464628_852485721_n.jpg

Guest kirane

@kaiskloset, thank you for opening this thread. Fighting!^^

@Shinobu, @wangnyeo, @manka & all members, nice to meet you all.~

I read from DC Kang Sora Gallery, first meeting for production already held on April 10th & most likely Yoon Son Ha (윤손하) also cast in this drama.
BIEZlU5CMAE9GBY.jpg
(Source: http://gall.dcinside.com/kangsora/53485)

I wish this drama will gain great success!

Thanks for all the info mates!
Let's see:
Im Joo Hwan (1982,30)
Choi Tae Joon (1991, 22)
Kang Sora (1990, 23)
Shin So Yul (1987, 26)
Choi Yoon Young (1986, 27)
We have 3 80ers and 2 90ers.  So maybe Im Joo Hwan's father marries a woman with 2 children, one plays by Choi Yoon Young (older sister) and Choi Tae Joon (younger brother).  It would be funny if she plays the younger sister of both. 

I can't wait for the drama to see Joo Hwan vs. Tae Joon.  Joo Hwan was all charisma in Tamra.  I felt strong for Tae Joon in all fronts.  He's such a scene stealer. 

And so, my prayers are answered as I will be able to see Tae Joon's sweet face everyday after work since it's a daily drama.  The problem is if it's a daily drama it tends to be lengthy so he's stuck with the same story for so many eps.  Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.  This will be my first daily Kdrama then.  Hopefully someone will sub it.

I've no problem with daily dramas, since though they airs 5 days a week, but only for half an hour per eps, so they feels roughly the same with regular dramas (2 days a week, an hour per eps). So 100+ eps daily drama actually equals to 50+ eps regular drama, but with much less grueling pressure and schedule for the viewers and actors involved, therefore dailies often become the stage and chance for actors-actresses-director-writer to get themselves wider exposure. I like both Kang So Ra and Im Joo Hwan, but they seems to have some difficulty in getting cast for primetime regular dramas, so I hope this daily can bring them some acknowledgement, make them more visible in producers eyes, who then will consider them more for main roles in bigger projects in the future.

But while for actors and viewers daily is less grueling, it might not be the same for fansubbers, because though an eps only has about 20-25 minutes, but you have to come almost everyday to sub it. There were some dailies that get subbed because of well-known cast and very high ratings like all High Kick sitcoms, You're My Destiny, Wife's Temptation. Otherwise, it's hard.  But I think So Ra and Joo Hwan are quite well-known already in international community so I hope there are kind souls who'll do it, as slow as it may take. But first, the story and ratings have to be good enough.

Shinobu said: Thanks for all the info mates!
Let's see:
Im Joo Hwan (1982,30)
Choi Tae Joon (1991, 22)
Kang Sora (1990, 23)
Shin So Yul (1987, 26)
Choi Yoon Young (1986, 27)
We have 3 80ers and 2 90ers.  So maybe Im Joo Hwan's father marries a woman with 2 children, one plays by Choi Yoon Young (older sister) and Choi Tae Joon (younger brother).  It would be funny if she plays the younger sister of both. 

I can't wait for the drama to see Joo Hwan vs. Tae Joon.  Joo Hwan was all charisma in Tamra.  I felt strong for Tae Joon in all fronts.  He's such a scene stealer. 

And so, my prayers are answered as I will be able to see Tae Joon's sweet face everyday after work since it's a daily drama.  The problem is if it's a daily drama it tends to be lengthy so he's stuck with the same story for so many eps.  Oh well, beggars can't be choosers.  This will be my first daily Kdrama then.  Hopefully someone will sub it.

Archived