Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

[Drama 2013] Ugly Alert 못난이주의보

Replies

• kaisklosetkaiskloset xoxo. believe. dublin ireland Posts: 2,683Member

LEGEND

edited July 2013
    This one's for @Shinobu...

=================================================================================
                               Happy. Free. Confused and lonely at the same time.

Always have , and always will be.... cheering for KANG SORA

• takanome89takanome89 Posts: 837Member

SUPERSTAR

I like to joke about the sailor said, but it turns out he really wants to be a sailor ...
    But contracts are different, a month, two months, six months ...
    :-?

Current List :  Ugly Alert,  Ruby Ring, Secret,  King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang, Golden Raindow

• karenkdramakarenkdrama Posts: 391Member

SUPERSTAR

edited July 2013
    Just my 2 cent worth rant...

regarding JS
    - as much as i want to understand him ,. i wonder why can't he tell DH that his sister is pregnant and he needs to find a job which allows him to earn more to support her so thus he has to leave to be a sailor. I feel that his low self esteem is so strong that he will jump at any opportunity to break up with DH. His attitude changes the moment he saw DH with HS,.. and thus when he needs to carry JJ's burden, the writer takes this as the best excuse and opportunity for him to ran away from DH. 

Frankly, real strong love by any normal(not low self esteem guy) will encompass all things good and bad. We don't dump our love ones when they face difficulties.... If he understand DH well enough, he should know that Dh will support his decision regarding his need to work and earn more to support his siblings and there's no need to break up. If he does that, it will also show DH that he's a serious person when it comes to commitment and thus will also love her regardless of what challenges that may lie ahead of them...

Sadly, he chose to run away and not grow from these experience. back to his self sacrificing act. To me, to love DH and to support JJ is not two conflicting matter and they can both co-exist at the same time in his life. He can love DH and yet support JJ both at the same time.... can't he multitask?? So why break up with that excuse that he has to go off as a sailor. Do sailors have no family?? 

Unless, of course, he's giving up DH for HS, then that's conflicting and he has to give up.... so i wonder what is this writer doing?? which is he trying to portray ?? writer need to do better than this.... 

To me, i feel that he wants to break up fast as he's very afraid that DH will come to know of his past(this has been torturing him ever since they started the relationship) and JJ's burden prove to be the best excuse to break up and leave...(part of him is looking for an excuse to break up but part of him wants to continue loving DH)

regarding Dh

I feel that sometimes in life , you don't treat a low self esteem guy with more compassion. You can for a start but if you continue for too long, you are just fussing and fanning that aspect of the character, not allowing that person to grow.. which is what i'm seeing here. She is always telling him that he is doing this and that becoz he has no choice and knowing that he's last place attitude, she wants to help him slowly. I, for once, think that  she can try reverse psychology, challenge him and say that if you think you are not worthy of me, then work really hard and be worthy of me. 

There's always two sides of a coin,... a)leave me coz you think you are not worthy or b)fight to make yourself worthy of me and be with me...

like a child who has fallen down, i may go to him for the first time and console him when he cry and whines, but after a few times and if he still cries and whines, i will challenge him, telling him to get up by himself so that he learns to grow up. 

Regarding Stepmum

happy to see that she is doing something else other than being a home maker, which is a waste,.. her character is developing more now and i think she will really play an important role in out OTP's lives, more so that dumbo cousin

Regarding mamaboy

i'm liking this boy so much now, he has matured in the last few episodes, from a useless bump, he has learnt to work hard to pass his exam, show me that he knows what is to love someone and be persistence even when Jj is rejecting him,... he is even willing to forgo his mother in order to win JJ's cold heart and i reallly loves his nerdy smiles when he gets scolded by nari...

This guy knows how to love, except that he's born to the wrong mother !!! As usual , in kdramaland, good guys born in a wrong family will still have lousy life. So we can expect his mum being nasty to Jj and he's all sandwich in b/w... poor chap.. my heart goes to him... if only JS is half as persisitance in his love for Dh, i may grow to love him more...

Dumbo cousin

i know some pp says that she's a clever girl, i don't denied that she is since she is doing well in her job and has graduate from a uni, but i wonder what is on her mind when she said she doesn't mind being smugface marriage partners and yet at the same time, going after HS??

Bap-bo!!! if she likes HS, then she shouldn't encourage her mother's suggestion and try to nap smugface lawyer. If she is thinking like her mother, wanting to control BY company, then she should spend all her energy on Smugface. Maybe she has some sense to know that she can't get both, so it's better to try out both and hope to win one instead of cutting one off at the start... hahah... if that's what she thinks, then she's really clever...

Okie, gals/guys..., just my silly ranting after missing a few ep and just watching ep40 alone... so my ranting may be all wrong. =) ignore if my ranting doesn't sit well with you....=) =)

@mangokj...... if you want to do ep 41 trans , do PM me,.... i think your detailed trans is more well received than my hap hazard trans with summary... i will be away in another ship, fangirling kkekekk...so i will not be here if i don;t hear anything. Thanks.

For everyone here, enjoy the drama and fighting........

I come in peace and may the force be with everyone......kekkek 

Issy_1sachixiaatumnrain
  • karenkdramakarenkdrama Posts: 391Member

SUPERSTAR

Issy said:
    @karenkdrama
    as long as you are fangirling your bias (like what I do when I come here :x) and having fun, then it's all good then. please enjoy your time.
    ps. who are your biases and their new drams btw, I might know them or they might be actually my other biases in my harem 
    :D 
    oh, forgot to answer yr qs...i have lots of men...errr bias..kekkekkek. but i shall not name them here nor will i promote their drama here since this is UA thread,... if we have the same bias, then we shall meet somewhere out there..... as for having fun, who won't when they see their bias flood the thread pages after pages, and i really am so blessed to see those fans spaming those thread. 

once in a while, when i am called here, i will also rant and flood this thread with my relentless rant and rave,.. just like today when i'm called here to trans, i can't help but to rant a whole lot too,... mostly bashing OTP, i think ..... kekkeke ......but i do grow to love other characters like mamaboy now. 

Okie, ahjumma has to go elsewhere to ogle at my bias pics.... till we meet again... have fun here.

@kaiaskloset magnea,... thks for the hugs... fighting..

Issy_1kaiskloset
  • Issy_1Issy_1 UK. LondonPosts: 801Member

SUPERSTAR

edited July 2013
    I do hate when writers take the easy and lazy route to write  break ups in dramas. they always make one side be the evil one and act jerk and hurt other one so he/she does not feel the pain much and go on with their life thinking they are fine without such evil/horrible person. then, they go cry behind curtains.   ~X(

Thinking about it in real life, for me personally would be even harder finding out the person I gave my heart to was not the person I thought he was. the pain would be even more. wouldn't be better if they make them break up with mutual understanding and not hurt and tears. at least when they see each other next time, they have no grudges against each other and might even get back together once the problem is over. 
    unfortunately the writer has taken this route in writing their break up. I am still waiting for today's ep to see how do they part and say their good byes . 

@k_craze my deepest sympathy and condolences dear. hugs

@ummi74 oh dear, their break up might last till very last ep. you can't promise yourself such thing 
    [-X

and I have noticed that we have a new silent reader who I always enjoyed reading her comments and insights in different drama threads. please join us @Auntie Mame 
    atumnrain

LEGEND

edited July 2013

Okie, ahjumma has to go elsewhere to ogle at my bias pics.... till we meet again... have fun here.

@kaiaskloset magnea,... thks for the hugs... fighting..

hahahaha pretty unni @karenkdrama.. all i have to do is peek at your ava of the day to know which abs errr thread you are at the moment lol. ameesyuh! and @k_craze and @0timelost and @Shinobu :)
    =================================================================================

• ummi74ummi74 Im Ju Hwan 임주환 Posts: 549Member

IDOL

edited July 2013
    Oh my..., dear @kaiskloset can you spare me tissue? :(( :(( :(( DoHee asking Junsu to singing to her... :(( :(( :((
    ~~~"I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" (Abraham Lincoln)~~~here for Im Ju Hwan~~~
    kaiskloset

LEGEND

ummi74 said:
    Oh my..., dear @kaiskloset can you spare me tissue? :(( :(( :(( DoHee asking Junsu to singing to her... :(( :(( :((
    ahhh u crying too unni???? yayyy painfest right... and when dohee request to ride on his back... yayy me dies.... hik hik hik.... 

then bammmmmm dummy cousin 
    makes some silly games outside courthouse.
    mood broken lol. 

ummi74

LEGEND

kissssssssssssssssss.  
    then cry....                    image

atumnrain
  • takanome89takanome89 Posts: 837Member

SUPERSTAR

Clown Ajeossi and rich fake mom

The new couple
    :)) :))

Current List :  Ugly Alert,  Ruby Ring, Secret,  King's Daughter, Soo Baek Hyang, Golden Raindow

kaisklosetummi74Lhejatumnrain

LEGEND

The new couple
    kyahhhhh! i almost lost all my tea laughing soo hard hahahha

• ummi74ummi74 Im Ju Hwan 임주환 Posts: 549Member

IDOL

Does anybody know the meaning of next episode preview??? JunSu back to the store? Oh my.., writer-nim... #:-S
    ~~~"I walk slowly, but I never walk backward" (Abraham Lincoln)~~~here for Im Ju Hwan~~~
  • oyeleyeolusinaoyeleyeolusina BirminghamPosts: 2,563Member

LEGEND

The new couple
    He said she is his first love plus this joker has already labelled her as his fate and this this is someone that doesn't even remember her.
  • Issy_1Issy_1 UK. LondonPosts: 801Member

SUPERSTAR

I thought JS left but why is he back again?  #-o

LEGEND

edited July 2013
    ummi74 said:
    Does anybody know the meaning of next episode preview??? JunSu back to the store? Oh my.., writer-nim... #:-S
    imageconfused too but in earlier part of preview there was HS
    shaking his hyung... ahhh probably persuaded JS to
    reconsider his decision of leaving... woooohhh help @mangoKJ 

• oyeleyeolusinaoyeleyeolusina BirminghamPosts: 2,563Member

LEGEND

I knew JS wouldn't go be a sailor as not only doesn't it have anything related top the show but it would affect his communication with the other characters since he is the main lead and he has to be physical present in the show.
    Auntie MameIssy_1