[Drama 2013] Master's Sun 주군의 태양

jaiwook_08

Viki-Presented-By-Banner.png

Angel-Eyes.png

Join us for the live recap at 10pm KST! Click here for recap list!

Master's Sun 주군의 태양

Join the Master's Sun Project click here

2013-08-16_002735.png

Genre: Horror, Romance, Comedy
Broadcast Period: August 07, 2013 - September 26, 2013
Produced by: Bon Factory
Episode:  16 Episodes
PD: 진혁 Jin Hyeok 
Scriptwriter: 홍자매 Hong Sisters (Hong Jeong Eun, Hong Mi Ran)
Network:  SBS
Air Time: Wednesday and Thursday 22:00 KST

1003134_352165151578914_636823485_n.jpg

The story revolves around a woman who can see ghosts and a man who tries to protect her, and is described as a drama with horror and romantic elements infused together. So Ji Sub plays the miserly, greedy, and conceited CEO Joo Joong Won, who measures all human relationships through money. Gong Hyo Jin will play the melancholy and tearful assistant Tae Gong Shil, who is able to see ghosts after an accident and thus suffers from insomnia. She lives a very reclusive and closed-off life due to her ability. 

The story is being touted as “soul healing” drama that brings together very different types of people: one who can see and hear things that no one else in the world can and another who only hears and see things he wants too. As Joo Joong Won starts to believe in Tae Gong Shil’s claim of being able to see ghosts, these two people will grow together in faith and in character.

2013-08-16_002553.png

ms1.jpg
ms2.jpg
ms3.jpg

CAMEOKim Myung SooHan Bo ReumSong Min Jung (ep 1)Jin Yi Han (ep 1)Bang Min Ah (ep 2)Kim Sang Joong (ep 2)Kim Bo Ra (ep 2)Lee Hye In (ep 2)Yoo Min Kyu (ep 5)Kim Bo Mi (ep 5)Jang Do Yeon (ep 7)Kim Hee Jung (ep 8)Lee Hyo-Rim - Ruijjang's wife (ep.9)Goo Seung-Hyun - Ghost Woo-Jin (ep.12)Jung Chan- Ruiijang (Epi 9)Seo Hyo Rim- Park Seo Hyun (epi 10)Lee Jong Hyuk- Lee Jae Suk (Epi 11)Lee Jae Yong - Chairman Lee (epi 11)
ms4.jpg

LiveRecap : Softy of  Cadence via SOOMPI !Dramabeans :  Episode 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 ]Ockoala : Episode 1 | Baby Recap 2Raine and Deeno : Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Hancinema Reviews 1234567891011, 12

ms5.jpg

id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"[MV] t Yoonmirae(t 윤미래) _ Touch love (터치 러브) 
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"[MV] Hyolin(효린) (Sistar) _ Crazy of you(미치게 만들어)
id="watch-headline-title" class="yt" style="text-align: center; margin: 0px 0px 13px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-size: 24px; color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-weight: normal; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; word-wrap: normal; text-overflow: ellipsis; font-family: arial, sans-serif;"[MV] Jung dong ha(정동하) _ Mystery(미스터리) 
LISTING compiled by @rrmski :

Master's Sun OST Part 7

Release Date: 2013.09.17

Tracks:1. No Matter What - Seo In Guk2. No Matter What (Inst.)

Cover [cr: daum]

Spoiler:

Link Pt.7

Other OSTs: Part 1 , Part 2 , Part 3 , Part 4 , Part 5 , Part 6

1024-768-2.jpg

kdrama-forum_400x60.png
Trailers : 1 | 2 | 3
News Archive: Hancinema
Ratings : via Asian WikiWhere to watch : VIKI brought to you by I See Dead People Team
Videos: SJS & GHJ BTS #1 English trans | SJS & GHJ BTS #1  Eng Subs | SJS & GHJ BTS #2 Oppa scene Eng Subs | SJS & GHJ BTS #3 with staffOther Links : Body Language analysis by @fyex : PART 1 (The Restaurant Scene BTS)PART 2 (The Scope Scene in JJW’s office bts):BTS compiled by @rrmski part 1 | part 2

ms6.jpg

Soompi code of conductDon't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE IT'S DUE
(Haunted Mall Renovation by  @LyraYoo Pls. don't take out photos without permission. All photos are courtesy of SBS Korean Drama Hub )

• Replies 32.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Ji-sub and Gong Hyo-jin courted for new Hong Sisters drama

12471_313474195448010_1897859576_n.jpg
A new year means there’s a new Hong Sisters drama on the way, and this time they’re heading to SBS in the summer. Some of us are still scarred from Big, while others of us may choose to remember their last drama as Best Love, but never fear, because there’s a brand new drama ahead to wash all those memories away. In the first round of casting rumors for the leads, we have broodmeister So Ji-sub (Ghost) and Hong Sisters alum Gong Hyo-jin (Best Love). Is there an option to vote for one and not the other? Whadduya mean it’s not up to me?

The drama, called Master’s Sun, is about a woman who can see ghosts and the man who protects her. Huh. Like a bodyguard? Or a supernatural knight? Or just a really overprotective boyfriend? ‘Cause I gotta tell ya, the latter is not that interesting. There’s no info yet on whether it’s a modern drama or a sageuk, but of course with the Hong Sisters it’ll be a rom-com of some sort.

Directing is PD Jin Hyuk, of City Hunter and Brilliant Legacy. Damnit, you’re reeling me in. The thing is, with this director and enough great dramas in the past, I’ll surely give the Hong Sisters a clean slate and a shot at winning me over again. But I swear, if they phone it in like they did for Big, I’m breaking up with them.

I always love Gong Hyo-jin but she’s already played one of the Hong Sisters’ better heroines in a really great team-up with Cha Seung-won… which is kind of why it’s hard to imagine anything topping that. But she’s fantastic in rom-coms and her starring would mean that I’m guaranteed to watch. So Ji-sub isn’t really the go-to guy for comedies, but I wonder if I’ll like him more if he takes on this project. It might go a long way in making him seems less self-serious. A guy who’s willing to be a total fool for comedy can’t be ALL bad, right?

Master’s Sun is planning for a July premiere on SBS.

Via Osen, Dramabeans

So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin offered roles for new SBS drama

480668_313597202102376_65364068_n.jpg
Actors So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin are up for the leading roles in SBS‘s new drama ‘The Sun of My Master‘.

The new drama is about a woman who can see ghosts and a man who protects her, and is currently on schedule to being airing in July!

The reps of the two revealed that they “have received offers to star in the film and are currently going over the offer.”

It’ll be about a year since So Ji Sub was last on a drama series, and 2 years for Gong Hyo Jin, and seeing that they’ve never co-starred with one another, anticipation is rising for their casting confirmation!

© allkpop

Gong Hyojin and So Jisub are being considered for main roles in The Lord’s Sun

537026_313522345443195_812192893_n.jpg
Actress Gong Hyojin and Actor So Jisub are likely to act in the same drama series. According to an April 9 announcement by SBS, though they have not concluded a contract yet, it is almost certain that the two will play main characters in The Lord’s Sun (written by Hong Jung Eun and Hong Mi Ran, directed by Jin Hyuk), which is to be aired on SBS starting in late July.

The Lord’s Sun is combination of horror and romantic comedy, targeting the summer season. The story is about a woman who sees ghosts and a man sticks by her side.

Moon Suk Hwan, the president of the production company Bonfactory, has told Star News, “Gong Hyojin and So Jisub are getting positive consideration for the leading roles in The Lord’s Sun..

The drama is drawing attention from both inside and outside of the TV drama industry because it is a collaboration between the Hong sisters, who wrote You are Beautiful and My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, and the production company Bonfactory. It is expected to appeal greatly to viewers because of director Jin Hyuk, who also directed Shining Inheritance, and because the lead actors are likely to be Gong Hyojin and So jisub

Source: Starnews

Guest nanaxren93

So Ji Sub is one of the best actors I've come across to. I love his control and cold attitude. He's the silent and mysterious type that just makes you want to know more. I am so excited to hear about this and I really hope he takes on the project. Go So Ji Sub! :)

• 2 weeks later...

class="entry-title" style="font-size: 1.8em; margin: 12px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 1.4em; letter-spacing: -1px;"So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin to heat up this summer through new drama ‘The Sun of My Master’20130425_SoJiSub_GongHyoJin.jpg

Actor So Ji Sub and actress Gong Hyo Jin have accepted their offers and are now confirmed for the upcoming SBS drama ‘The Sun of My Master‘.

So Ji Sub will play the role of Joo Joong Won who is a cold, ambitious boss while Gong Hyo Jin will play the role of Tae Gong Shil who is a sensitive assistant. What makes the romantic comedy interesting is its genre which fuses romance, comedy, and horror all into one with the story of Tae Gong Shil who can see ghosts following her accident and Joo Joong Won who learns to trust her and falls in love.

This will be So Ji Sub’s return to K-drama land in a year and Gong Hyo Jin’s return in two years, and both of them are sure to heat things up this summer with their romance!

‘The Sun of My Master’ is set to premiere this August!

© allkpop

class="headline" style="margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; font-size: 24px; line-height: 1.21em; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin Cast for ′The Sun of the Lord′Actors So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin have been cast for the Hong Sisters′ upcoming drama.

The two have been cast as the leads of SBS′ The Sun of the Lord.

So Ji Sub will take up the role of the cold and greedy company president Joo Joong Won [aka Joo-goon (boy)], while Gong Hyo Jin will appear as his dark and tearful secretary Tae Gong Sil [Tae-yang (girl)].

21569842.jpg

The drama will be So Ji Sub′s first since SBS′ Ghost last year, and Gong Hyo Jin′s first since her 2011 MBC drama The Greatest Love.

It will be in a new ′romcom-horror′ genre never seen before. Tae Gong Sil, who can see ghosts and can′t sleep at night because she′s haunted, will come to be comforted by the most selfish man she′s worked under.

In the process, Gong Sil will open herself up to the world, and Joong Won will learn that there are more important things in life.

The drama will be helmed by the ever-popular Hong Sisters and producer Jin Hyuk, who is known for his work with Shining InheritanceProsecutor Princess and City Hunter.

A rep from the drama′s production company Born Factory said, "We concentrated on casting figures that fit the characters well. This drama will have viewers, who are always thirsty for the most basic emotions, in joy, fear and tears at the same time."

The Sun of the Lord will start airing from August.

Photo credit: 51K, Soop
Reporter : Jeon Su Mi (ssue516@naver.com)
Translated by: Yahoo! Philippines

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Gong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub Confirmed for Hong Sisters’ Drama
So-Ji-Sub-and-Gong-Hyo-Jin.png

We reported about a month ago that Gong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub were positively considering starring in a new Hong Sisters‘ drama and now we can finally report that it’s been confirmed! Anticipation was already high for the drama as it is being penned by the writer duo that brought the hits, “You’re Beautiful,” “My Girlfriend is a Gumiho,” and “Greatest Love,” but now it is even higher with the confirmation of these two talented actors.

The upcoming drama titled, “The Sun of My Master,”  is about a woman who can see ghosts and the man who protects her. So Ji Sub plays the  miserly, greedy, and conceited CEO Joo Joong Won, who  measures all human relationships through money. Gong Hyo Jin will play the melancholy and tearful assistant Tae Gong Shil, who is able to see ghosts after an accident and thus suffers from insomnia. She lives a very reclusive and closed-off life due to her ability.

The story is being touted as “soul healing” drama that brings together very different types of people: one who can see and hear things that no one else in the world can and another who only hears and see things he wants too. As Joo Joong Won starts to believe in Tae Gong Shil’s claim of being able to see ghosts, these two people will grow together in faith and in character. 

This will be the second time that Gong Hyo Jin has worked with the Hong Sisters after “Greatest Love.” This is the first time for So Ji Sub and will be his first romantic comedy in years since his 2002′s “We Are Dating Now.” 

“The Sun of My Master” is expected to premier on SBS in August.

© Soompi

jaiwook_08 said: class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Gong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub Confirmed for Hong Sisters’ Drama

We reported about a month ago that Gong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub were positively considering starring in a new Hong Sisters‘ drama and now we can finally report that it’s been confirmed! Anticipation was already high for the drama as it is being penned by the writer duo that brought the hits, “You’re Beautiful,” “My Girlfriend is a Gumiho,” and “Greatest Love,” but now it is even higher with the confirmation of these two talented actors.

The upcoming drama titled, “The Sun of My Master,”  is about a woman who can see ghosts and the man who protects her. So Ji Sub plays the  miserly, greedy, and conceited CEO Joo Joong Won, who  measures all human relationships through money. Gong Hyo Jin will play the melancholy and tearful assistant Tae Gong Shil, who is able to see ghosts after an accident and thus suffers from insomnia. She lives a very reclusive and closed-off life due to her ability.

This will be the second time that Gong Hyo Jin has worked with the Hong Sisters after “Greatest Love.” This is the first time for So Ji Sub and will be his first romantic comedy in years since his 2002′s “We Are Dating Now.” 

“The Sun of My Master” is expected to premier on SBS in August.

© Soompi

this confirmation is the best news ever!!!!  <:-P i'm so excited i can't think of nothing else!!!!SJS's new drama is a Hong Sisters' Drama!!! yayyyyyyyy (cross fingers it won't be another BIG mistake)i like GHJ but SJS is my fave actor ever!!!!i need this drama now. period.

jaiwook_08 said: chrissydiva said: Finally! So Ji Sub in a rom com! ASA!!!

Archived