Which Entertainment is best for foreigners?

hello there. (:
idk if there is already such a thread, i couldn't find one so i decided to make a new one.

i'd like to know which company is the best to audition if you're a foreigner, means not korean or chinese.
i'm half thai/half german and wanted to audition for SM's global audition in bangkok a few days ago, but due to some personal problems i couldn't go there and now i'm thinkig about online audition or wait for audition 2014. since i'm not korean or chinese i want to know which entertainment gives the best chances for foreigners or are all of them only looking for korean/chinese people?
i also heard that the korean trainees don't get along well with the chinese ones and look down at them, is that true? this makes me worry a little.
another point is that i'm a bit worried about age, since the rookie bands gets more and more younger and i know that there will be a long training period or at least one year of training time. i'm a 92-liner, do you think this is too old to audition?

would be really nice if someone can help me with this questions. :3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are actually some Korean companies who accept thai people' date=' I heard Tiny- G or something has a Thai member. [/quote']

Oops sorry i accidently clicked on post, but there are some companies who will accept foreigners. Cube and JYP are the most open, since they also have thai trainees. You missed the SM global audition, so if I were you, I would keep auditioning onlin. Just try, if you are talented you will make it anywhere.

As for the chinese and korean don't getting along, I actually have no idea. But it wouldn't suprise if they don't get along, they really are fighting for their debut, and it's not like all the koreans don't go along with chinese trainees. The competition is really high, and chinese trainees can't communicate with the koreans so it's harder for them to get along, when they don't understand each other. But it is also easy to find friends, since there are trainees who can speak english, maybe you can go along with them?

As for your age, your not old. Those groups are getting younger by days, maybe you could be the leader? It's hard to be a kpop idol, koreans might not accept you and write hate comments, most of the kgroups nowadays won't survive the high competion among the groups. Only a few will survive it .

Just keep try auditioning, never give up.

@3timeshi i'm sorry for the late reply but i'm stressed with exams atm ;_;
thank you for commenting my thread. you helped me a lot, but i still want to hear some other opinions from others if possible.
i think i'll try email audition. i'm not getting younger and the older i am, the more difficult it will be... and global audition 2014 is also worth a try :)

@lisayu why do you think JYP? i'm just curious because SM is the only company that i looked for closer informations, since it has my favo kpop idols there haha XD

Guest lisayu

@ricecakee:Because there is Nickhun(2PM),,

Nickhun is Thai right??

I'm an Indonesian,,but my choice goes to YGE^^..

Guest lisayu

@ricecakee:Because there is Nickhun(2PM),,

Nickhun is Thai right??

I'm an Indonesian,,but my choice goes to YGE^^..

hmm,,I'm chinese,,but I live in Indonesia

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nighmare_carousel

@ricecakee

And New Zealand too, I'm pretty sure :D he was living in the states when he was scouted, I believe. I think I read that it was at the Kpop festival at Holllywood Bowl

Guest hanheeyoung12

@ricecakeeI think SM or YG...because they have gobal audition. Do you audition by e-mail? I do, too.So we can talking about e-mail auditon, right? :D

Guest sena26

Hi, I'm a 95-liner and i'd also like to audition. the problem is I tried to go through jyps online autition but everytime i click on apply  it doesnt work. first it takes a lot of time loading and afterwards i get this:

Active Server Pages 오류 'ASP 0113'

스크립트 시간 초과

/eng/member/app_fileup.asp

스크립트를 실행할 수 있는 최대 허용 시간을 초과했습니다. 속성 Server.ScriptTimeOut에 새 값을 지정하거나 IIS 관리 도구에 있는 값을 변경하면 이 제한을 바꿀 수 있습니다.

does anyone know what this does mean??

Thanks for your help in advance

p.s.: I'm new here and i didnt know where to aks this so that's why i post it here ;)

Guest hanheeyoung12

@sena26Did you mean : you can't download an audition application?I have one, I will send it to you...it was written in Korean, but we can understand it, trust me...

Guest hanheeyoung12

@sena26
Oh, I forgot, an application was written in English so we can read it very easy, right?
Here is an application:

JYP Entertainment Audition Application

Position

Song Title

Information

Name

English

Height/Weight

cm kg/

ft. lbs.

Korean

Sex

Male

( )

Birth Date

Female

( )

Nationality

Eyesight

Left

Right

Contact

Phone

Address

Cellular

School/Occupation

Hobby/Special skills

Experience

Participating

Motivation

Guardian agreement

Does your guardian approve with your participation?

Yes ( )

No ( )

Guardian

Name

Contact

Hope this will help you ^^

Guest sena26

thanks a lot :D should i just send this application with my video and some photos ??and do you have their e-mail? i couldn't find the new one.i just found an old one which doesn't work that's why i tried to go through online auditions on their site.And what do they mean with Eyesight?  my eyes are normal so should i cross both sides or what is this about?

Guest hanheeyoung12

@sena26Yeah, send this application with your video and some photos...I just found this email address:  ssssin@jypent.co.kr and about eyesight, I think they check your eyes are near-sightedness or not...if your eyes are normal, you should fill in: 20/20 :D

Guest sena26

thanks again actually i have another problem my parents don't want me to audition so I'm doing this without their consent.but in their application form they want to know if my parents allow me to do this should i tell the truth or not actually I'm already an adult in Germany since I'm 18 so i shouldn't need their permission right??

Guest hanheeyoung12

@sena26Yeah, my parents don't want me audition, too :( ...so I audition via email You should tell them your parents allowed  :P because if you tell them you parents didn't allow you to audition, maybe they will worry  :-S

Archived