My BF is texting his ex- GF and other girls! What should i do

Guest diaoestgurl

Guest diaoestgurl

Hello guys, i really need help on this. I am a master student and currently stuyding abroad. My BF now is my housemate and we fell in love after we moved in. At that time, he told me he broke up with his girlfriend like 9 months before we started dating. And i told him that i want to keep our relationship a secret among the people we know here because i m not really close with them and dont want them to gossip. Anyway, recently i checked his facebook (i know it's not right but couldnt help my curiosity) and i saw him exchanged messages with his EX quite often, obviously from the messages they broke up just 1 month before we dated.. but that's not really the problem though... The thing is when she (his ex) asked who he''s with now and she thinks he's with me (his housemate) , he said no, and that he's not interested in relationship anymore and he's focused on games instead (he's really a hardcore gamer, he used to ignore me like 2 days to play games). And She also aked whether he really meant it when he said he didn't love her at the time they broke up, and he said NO. And i aslo found  out that he said he's single with few other girls he chat on Facebook. I know that he's not really cheating on me now, but i think he kinda has the idea of it. Why does he say to his ex that hes not with anybody, and they chat quite often too (before he said he doesnt have any kind of contact with her after they broke up). I feel like i can't trust him no more and he kinda takes our relationship not seriously. I m still acting normal and not questing him about this , but i think i probably gonna read his messages from now on...WHat do you think about it? We both gonna get back to our countries in 5 months, and basically he never mentions about our future at all.. And hes with his game all the time

He already is cheating, emotionally. Dump him now, and while you're studying abroad take advantage of being single there and meet other guys... man, I wouldn't get tied down if I was studying abroad lol. He's so disrespectful, this is a no-brainer. And don't even feel bad, you're doing him a favour as well by leaving his sad richard simmons.

Just break up with him. You're abroad. You should be having fun, not worrying about what your boyfriend is doing behind your back.
Also, how can you stand to be with a guy who would ignore you for 2 days over a damn videogame? That is just ridiculous.
He's a child an seems like he's still in love with his ex. Leave him now and enjoy where you are.

Guest xFloOwuffBB

Obviously if he's not willing to admit he's with you to his ex-girlfriend (whose opinion shouldn't matter anymore) then he's not invested into your relationship and not willing to let go of the past. It's easier said than done, but definitely start closing up this "relationship".

Guest Boomx2Brian

Im a wee bit confused. Was he under the impression that the relationship was supposed to be hush hush to everyone? Thats the only thing I can think of that might justify his position.

Break up. You deserve someone much better.
If he meant it when he said he did not love his ex-girlfriend when she asked him about it, it would have only meant that he was talking to her again because he wants to remain on good terms (as friends) with her. BUT the fact that he said that he did not mean it at all is another situation. Now if she was aware of him being with you, then he would just be clearing things up with her, but that is clearly not the case. As for the other girls, it looks like he is keeping his options opened. Even if he is doing what he is doing for attention, that is not acceptable. Just because you are not physically there with him does not mean he is free to flirt and do whatever he wants.
Take the break away from each other to break up. Some may say that it is such a cowardly thing to do (as in not breaking up in person), but why torture yourself for the next 5 months as you pretend you do not know anything. The break away from him will make it much easier, and it is not like he even deserves your respect.

you asked for it to be a secret. honestly, i wouldn't trust you either. it is insulting.
if the girls asked him if he was single, what is he supposed to say? no im in a secret relationship?
how can you love someone, when you are afraid that they dont love you?? how can you invest your heart into something that wasn't build to last? a secret relationship is not some great bridge, its more of a rope tied from one cliff to another. can you really blame someone for keeping their options open in case it doesnt work out?
show him you are serious about long term by being invested. let ur friends know, let ur families know. intertwine your existance in eachother's life and see wat happens.
u probably are thinking, how can i do that if he is talking to his ex? now u know how he feels being kept a secret.
im not saying u dont have a valid reason for this secret relationship, but quite frankly men don't understand gossip. so using that as a reason is sketchy at best to us. u should have considered his feelings.
or he is just unfaithful and u should leave him. its either his fault or your fault. find out who, if it is his fault, break up. if it is your fault, u need to decide break up or improve the situation and hope to gain back what you once had. good luck.

ajlee613 said:
or he is just unfaithful and u should leave him. its either his fault or your fault. find out who, if it is his fault, break up. if it is your fault, u need to decide break up or improve the situation and hope to gain back what you once had. good luck.

Guest HeloiseJay

Hmm maybe you should say to make your relationship public and see what he says? From that, you can decide whether to stay with him or break up with him.

Archived