Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

[Drama 2013] Cruel Palace / War of Flowers 궁중잔혹사 / 꽃들의 전쟁

Replies

• Kite-NatureKite-Nature Posts: 39Member
    edited April 2013

@samasta93  Let me try to answer some of your questions:

#I'm confused with In Jo's relationship with Kim... , or was he afraid of her?

I think KJJ is indeed a step ahead of InJo. As for the deceased queen, I think  InJo and all the three concubines were  afraid of her.

#The conversation between YC and Kim Ja Jeom was meaningful ... her foster father in coming days...

Well. I think KJJ is doing well with YC. They are strategically linked together. And it is very moving when YC alld KJJ "Father".

#I don't understand those Joseon stubborn officials who kept emotionally intending to make Qing Dynasty angry...

I think the only analogy in western culture is religion. (It can not be reasoned.)

#In the ep. 4 ... the narrator mentioned something about Hwa Han Nyeo ...

I guess it  is a later event  that many Korean slaves moved back to Korea. Among the sold slaves, some were nobles in Korea, which made the system shattering.

---

And, I agree with you that they should have used a younger actor for Injo. Actually, Injo (born 1595) was only 42 in 1637. 

• LHRCNLHRCN Posts: 3,070Member

SUPERSTAR

HQ pics
    jtbc
                                                           Kim Hyun Joo
  • tikamacikatikamacika IndonesiaPosts: 240Member

IDOL

Spring: A Great Season For Historical Dramas

They say April is the cruelest month but not for lovers of historical kdramas. This season offers lots of choices when it comes to shows with great sets, lavish costumes and hold-your-breath martial action.Two of these shows have already started but a weekend's marathon could help you catch up. Already being shown are "Cruel Palace: War of Flowers" and "Gu Am Heo Joon."
    "Cruel Palace" depicts the battles between concubines in the royal palace, so you know there are going to be some great costumes and settings. These women will do whatever it takes to gain the love of the king and the power his favor bestows. Centering the story is the beautiful but evil concubine Jo So Young, played by Kim Hyun Joo. She tries to impress King In Jo, played by Lee Duk Hwa, but when this lowborn beauty gets the power she desires, more struggles ensue. It also stars Jung Sung Woon as Crown Prince So Hyun.

"Gu Am Heo Joon" tells the story of Heo Joon, a court physician during the reign of King Seonjo of the Joseon Dynasty. It's a compelling story about a commoner who rose through the ranks to write the medical texts that defined Korean medicine. Kim Joo Hyuk stars as Heo Joon. Park Jin Hee plays Ye Jin and Park Eun Bin plays Da Hee.
    Two new historical dramas slated to start soon are "Jang Ok Jung" and "Gu Family Book."
    "Jang Ok Jung," starring Kim Tae Hee, Hong Soo Hyun and Jae Hee tells the story of Jang Ok Jung, the royal concubine during the Joseon Dynasty who was responsible for the exile and possibly the death of Queen In Hyun. Although Jang OK Jung's life has been portrayed in many dramas, this version of the story will focus on her talents as well as her flaws.

"Gu Family Book" adds a little fantasy to the historical drama genre. In the drama, Choi Kang Chi, played by Lee Seung Ki, is born as a half-human-half-mythical-creature, who struggles to become more human. He meets Dam Yeo Wool, played by Suzy. Besides being a master of martial arts and archery, she is also very concerned with what it takes to live an honorable life.These four series offer an entertaining way to expand your historical drama viewing.
    http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/9027/20130404/historical-drama-spring-jang-ok-jung.htm

Find on Jang Ok Jung Thread posted by jjsweeter0211
  • samasta93samasta93 nil desperandum Posts: 1,281Member

SUPERSTAR

Additionally, I wished they have showed more cruelty of YC's father toward her and her mother.. why I felt like her anger, resentment, and disappointment toward her father are somewhat lacking... I meant, her father indeed treated them poorly, but still he managed to give them comfortable living environment, didn't throw them away to the street or did something evil like selling YC off to brothel or really offering her as someone's concubine.. hmm... maybe I missed some points...

# InJo's deceased queen was the mother of his three sons whom were forced to go to Shimyang? I remembered KJJ said to Kim SangGung that the deceased queen didn't have sex driven no matter how InJo had tried hard to please her... so which one is true? Was she very special to InJo or not..? Or maybe I missed another point again here..

@LHRCN @Kite-Nature
    thanks for your thoughts & responses too.. really looking forward to reading more comments of yours..
  • Kite-NatureKite-Nature Posts: 39Member

@samasta93

# Her father was just a regular man blocked by the system. Futhermore. he was a winner in the system and tended to maintain it. I think YC hates the system

and her father is just a symbol for that.  I dont think her father is all that bad, either.

Yes. InJo's deceased queen was the mother of his three sons. Well, Injo must loved and feared her ai the same time.

• tikamacikatikamacika IndonesiaPosts: 240Member

IDOL

Kim Hyun-joo, '' royal wedding dress, arms wearing Lee Deok hwa

Actor Kim Hyun-joo [G Valley - bakyonghwan of reporters 'royal' wedding dress, appearance, fine gopdi the public.

Kim Hyun-joo will be broadcast six days JTBC weekend soap opera 'court janhoksa - the flowers of war (war of flowers) "and under artificial success ipgwol, the harem cheopji I finally through rigorous screening gimsanggung, 5 times, the first face-to-face look captures.

Throughout the Joseon Dynasty royal history, will announce Cho is the best vamp villainess is also avail the colorful appearance of the bloody war heralded the beginning of the increase in the tension. You may have to what is captured more finely dressed royal wedding dress, Kim Hyun-joo, and kkotdanjang look,, eye-catching.

Wife, who rests in the bosom of the artificial and friendly atmosphere from the first meeting, amplifies questions and artificial are you waiting for the first night behave CURRYWURST sitting. Quietly vowed revenge and ate the poisoned mind, if successful, to buy the favor of the artificial and future secured palace drawing attention to anything of hot.

March 17, Kim Hyun-joo of the 'scene' royal wedding dress, stage yard located in Icheon, Gyeonggi-do's 'Flowers of War' took place on the set. Kim Hyun-joo the cheeks head jokduri, the the rouge take gonji, royal wedding dress, graceful appearance, strutting appeared on the set, shooting schedule over in Zhangjiang 7 hours plus contributions did digestion.

Kim Hyun-joo as posture undisturbed fleeting, for less than 5 hours topped heavy jokduri, on the head, but you have to sit on your knees, I continued to shoot well, the admiration of the staff jaahnaetda.

cr : gvalley translated by google translate

• itsajklmnopitsajklmnop Manila, PhilippinesPosts: 91Member

ROOKIE

Yes I do agree. So far, the episodes were excellent. The actors and actresses are fantastic. :) Kudos to the production team of CPWOF. Looking forward for the next episodes.

Anyone can give a link for the live streaming tomorrow? Thank you :P
    Dear Me, I may not like you all the time but I love you always :)

SUPERSTAR

New pics, crown prince and crown princess

imageimageimageimageimage

JTBC

Kim Hyun Joo

SUPERSTAR

@tikamacika
    thank you for posting the news, yes what a great season to watch saeguks, i always love watching seaguks because of their beautiful hanboks, the people, beautiful landscape...etc.

Yes I do agree. So far, the episodes were excellent. The actors and actresses are fantastic. :) Kudos to the production team of CPWOF. Looking forward for the next episodes.

Anyone can give a link for the live streaming tomorrow? Thank you :P
    http://www.jtbc.co.kr/
    here you are, on the right you see onair button, i have to say the connection is pretty slow.

@samasta93
    i got your point, i would love to see more cruelty of her father toward YC and her mother as well.
    now I can only see that she hates the world and the korean systeem. i do see that she hates her father- wife as well.

yeah youre rightm KJJ said to consort Kim that Injo didnt force the queen to have sex with him, or the queen doesnt like to have sex with Injo?? that is why Injo liked her? I think KJJ meant the late queen used her other arts to have Injo's heart. yea i think she was special to Injo at some points, i dont know what? it could also cause she was his first wife?

# does anyone know about the new queen? her background and things? which side is she with based on history? how is she? I admire her being a queen at such young age (15 years). but its strange to have a new/ young girl as the new queen. why couldnt they make one of Injo's concubine the new queen?? cause they have more experience in life than a young girl.

I can totally see that YC will not listen to KJJ once she got the love and power inside the palace. i guess when that happened KJJ has to think a new plan to fight back ( like imprisoning Nam Hyuk or killing her mother)?

Question? is the crown princess pregnant again? or she just gave birth to a new baby? cause ep 4, choi Myung Kil said Kim Sang Hyun was there to congratulated the crown princess with the birth of her baby? i think the crown prince had 3 sons( based on history).
    I see that the couple is Ok living in China, why did they have to leave their baby behind? its kind of cruel to leave the child behind, he will grow up without a parent by his side.

Kim Hyun Joo

SUPERSTAR

Netizens Outraged by Sexy Scenes in Cruel Palace: War of the Flowers

Netizens have been buzzing about a scene in a recent episode of JTBC’s new drama, Cruel Palace: War of the Flowers. In the episode, Yam Jun (Kim Hyun Joo) learns how to seduce men from a gisaeng, or Korean geisha. The gisaeng takes Yam Jun out in the rain in a white hanbok and makes her stand there. And then Yam Jun is told something kind of weird: “You have to count every single raindrop wetting your body. Only then can you feel the snake’s tongue licking your body.” Soon, her wet hanbok reveals the silhouette of her body.

After this scene was aired, some netizens reacted negatively. People commented that “it’s awkward to see such exposures in every episode,” “there are many exposing scenes unnecessary to the development of the story,” “it’s good to show the feminine side of gisaeng…but this is too much.”

Do you think those netizens are overreacting, especially after the breastfeeding scene commotion, or are the scenes really too much for you?

(Source: http://blog.dramafever.com/2013/04/too-much-exposure-or-another-overreaction/)

Kim Hyun Joo
  • maswagmaswag Posts: 84Member
    I haven't watched any eps yet but if there is any bed scene, are they completely naked like in the movie 'A frozen flower'?

SUPERSTAR

maswag said:
    I haven't watched any eps yet but if there is any bed scene, are they completely naked like in the movie 'A frozen flower'?
    No, they are not completely naked, the HQ pics i posted above is one of the bed scene of the King and his ladies

HQ pics
    jtbc
                                                           Kim Hyun Joo
    maswag
  • itsajklmnopitsajklmnop Manila, PhilippinesPosts: 91Member

ROOKIE

edited April 2013
    Yes. I also read an article that netizens are praising KHJ's body in that scene. Well, its not too much for me. 
    Dear Me, I may not like you all the time but I love you always :)

SUPERSTAR

The crown prince and princess working
    naver

ep 5 is starting in 2 hours. OMG hot scene of KHJ and JTS
                                                           Kim Hyun Joo
    mashael

SUPERSTAR

edited April 2013
    OMGGGGG I am going crazy

she is
    Spoiler:
    pregnant in the next ep

ep 5
    **spoiler**
    YC+ NH together in that strange house, she wanted to have a night with him to say goodbye
    but he was so meant to her, he said something like he is from an upper class and she is a lowborn
    all this time it was just his act. he didnt have any feeling for her ( things like that)
    but she started to take off her clothes.
    finally they had a night together, on the other hand, shot doctor was looking for her, it was raining so he went to that same house to wait
    he got scared because of the house, so he ran away, i dont know if he saw or heard something??

consort Kim arrived at her house at the morning, but she wasnt there
    consort kim scolded her mother, suddenly she appeared and scolded consort Kim, consort Kim had to shut her mouth because she will be the king's woman, who is ranked higher then her.
    InJo has a plan on their first night, he went to Lee sangcung but didnt sleep with her, he just stayed their the whole night
    YC was angry because the king made her wait.
    the next morning, the 3 ladies had some talk about YC, too bad she was standing outside and heard everything
    she opened the door and come in, she said hello to them as a newbie
    she ordered lee sangcung to stand up to leave the sit for her to sit because she ranks higher than her
    lady Jo is soobin, which is higher than that lee lady ( she is just a palace maid who Injo likes)
    the lady in green is SukBin ( her rank is higher than SooBin)
    and the oldest has the most highest ranking I think??
    Lady Jo who is a newbie but doenst have any respect for the other ladies, she also slapped the maid of Lady Lee because the maid did something to her.

At night, Lee lady told InJo about everything, Injo seems to interest in her character.
    upon hearing it, he got up and went to look for Lady Jo. The enuch went to inform Consort Kim about it and she was happy that Injo went to visit lady Jo
    btw at home, Yam chun's mother prayed for her to have a son with Injo, shot doctor came in and said something about Nam Hyuk
    I wonder if they know something??

Injo arrived at Lady Jo's room, she was angry that she didnt look at his face, then he asked her something
    while answering his answer she was forgetting that she was angry at him so she turned around and looked into his face
    she stopped talking, looked straight into his face, he surprised and asked her is there something strange?
    she said:'' so the King looks like this?''
    he asked how:'' she answered something, i think she compliment him???''
    he started to laugh and she started her evil laugh***end****

preview***
    Injo and Lady Jo are having fun and she started to throw up*
    I say she is pregnant, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh**

Kim Hyun Joo
  • samasta93samasta93 nil desperandum Posts: 1,281Member

SUPERSTAR

LHRCN said:
    preview***
    Injo and Lady Jo are having fun and she started to throw up*
    I say she is pregnant, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh**

@LHRCN
    more likely NH's child, I guess..

------
    I read from wikipedia, Lady Jo gave birth 3 children, two sons and a daughter.. InJo had 4 wives but produced only 7 children.. tsk tsk tsk.. very few production despite many supplies..
  • AgieAgie Posts: 1,120Member

SUPERSTAR

edited April 2013
    I havent watch any episode of Cruel Palace....50 episodes are too much for me  :((

SPOILER
    But here's bed scene between YC and NH :\">

SUPERSTAR

samasta93 said:

@LHRCN
    more likely NH's child, I guess..

------
    I read from wikipedia, Lady Jo gave birth 3 children, two sons and a daughter.. InJo had 4 wives but produced only 7 children.. tsk tsk tsk.. very few production despite many supplies..
    @samasta93
    yes i knew that info from wikipedia as well, he had only 7 children, so he had 4 official wives? besides them there are more palace maids like the Lee lady. the late queen had 3 sons with him, lady Jo gave birth to 3 and there is another one? i guess the new queen doesnt have any child with him????

I know its NH's child, poor NH, YC is so cruel to him. I think I am starting to hate her from the moment she left him, btw i dont think they will show us her other children, *my prediction ** she will only have 1 child, its NH's child and she wanted to make him a king that is why she killed the Crown Prince** but is it too soon the make her pregnant right now since this drama has 50 eps? i dont know how the rest of the story goes, since we have 45 eps to go????

@Agie
    the drama is worth to watch, but you could do a marathon as well if its finished or watched the beautiful scenes, this drama has so many beautiful scenes which I like

ep 5 online link

http://www.nolbunet.com/index.php?mid=drama&document_srl=207891

and this
    http://www.nolbunet.com/index.php?mid=drama&document_srl=207910
                                                           Kim Hyun Joo
  • AgieAgie Posts: 1,120Member

SUPERSTAR

LHRCN said:
    the drama is worth to watch, but you could do a marathon as well if its finished or watched the beautiful scenes, this drama has so many beautiful scenes which I like

Hai @LHRCN, hopefully I could marathon Cruel Palace after the drama finished, not sure though..sigh.. the only 50 episodes's drama I finished is Jewel in the palace (Dae Jaeng Gum - Lee Young Ae) 
    I really want to watch this drama because it has KHJ in it, but in a meantime I just read your summary in this thread :-*
  • flydolesqueueflydolesqueue Posts: 32,796Banned

LEGEND

This content has been removed by a moderator.