Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

[Drama 2013] Nine: Nine Times Time Travel 나인: 아홉 번의 시간여행

Replies

• tehlimautehlimau SingaporePosts: 32Member

IDOL

@kim yunmi @anoosha: yes, I can definitely buy into this theory and be satisfied with it. I prefer that present SW died, and young SW grew up knowing everything, yet did not need to time travel again to change his destiny.
    AlobArotelzey
  • loliloli Kdrama addicts :) kennesawPosts: 2,143Moderator

Kim Yunmi said:
    GaeinaLee said:
    @kimyunmi: I heard lots of praises for Il Mare from long time ago... But can't find the eng sub version. Do you know where can I dl it?
    http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-movie/il-mare-watch/

It's a great movie. It initially did bad in the box office in Korea, but got a cult following after and then made a bunch of money. I like this version better mostly on tone, etc.
    Guess i should give it a try and that way, i might understand the writer for what he did to me emotionally lol... thansk for the link too
     "If you take the easy road because it's too difficult, a dream will always remain just a dream. In ten years, or twenty years, I believe that all these hardships will  become fond memories. I'll wait and see that it happens. So please, always follow your dream" ---CSL

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES AND VIDEOS | OBSERVE SIGNATURE RULES
  • laserbeanzlaserbeanz Posts: 91Member

IDOL

GaeinaLee said:
    @laserbeanz, thank you for the timeframe chart, sweetie..
    I'll print it out and re-watch from ep 1 with the chart in hand.. 

- Darn, show! Why don't you give us this chart from day 1 and save us from mind-guessing while watching? *pout*

They also just post it on their official site =D .....
    my mind also going up side down while watching the show in the different timeframe ;)
    Currently watching: Running Man ;Bride of Century; ER men & Women;Cunning single lady
    Fav Drama of 2013 : Nine times time travel.
    Fav Actor: Lee Jin Wook, So Ji Sub, Lee Dong Wook, Hyun Bin, Song Seung Heon;
    Fav Actress: Yoon Eun hye ,Kim Ha Neul
    GaeinaLee
  • hershlaghershlag A Moonlight..A Toast..and..A Heartbeater Posts: 945Member

SUPERSTAR

edited May 2013

ZarraJae said:
    The final episode came and went and I have not understood a single thing due to bad streaming.. :((

But at least I got to see the kiss scene which was :

@ZarraJae, exactly what I'm feeling right now!..LOL!
    this is why I can't truly appreciate the ending..gawd..how long must I wait for the subbed to come out! ~X(
    geezz...
    actually, based on your recaps plus my so like ppt presentaion aka live stream, episode 20 seems to be predictable.. I mean ep1-19 was a total maze for me, the twists, were all unpredictable.. it's not that I don't like the ending (ehem the KISS), but... I do hope for a much bigger twist...
    oh well..still..overall..a good and well written drama!CONGRATS! <:-P
    image image
    Let's  ALL Kiss and Make-up
    Favorites: Nice Guy, Gaksital, Nine Times Time Travel

loliAlobAroZarraJae
  • loliloli Kdrama addicts :) kennesawPosts: 2,143Moderator

tehlimau said:
    @kim yunmi @anoosha: yes, I can definitely buy into this theory and be satisfied with it. I prefer that present SW died, and young SW grew up knowing everything, yet did not need to time travel again to change his destiny.
    If he died that mean he die in 2013 which mean he did not get to marry MY but only date her.
     "If you take the easy road because it's too difficult, a dream will always remain just a dream. In ten years, or twenty years, I believe that all these hardships will  become fond memories. I'll wait and see that it happens. So please, always follow your dream" ---CSL

DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES AND VIDEOS | OBSERVE SIGNATURE RULES
    AlobAroZarraJae
  • Kim YunmiKim Yunmi Posts: 555Member

IDOL

edited May 2013
    anoosha said:
    @Kim Yunmi

I like your theory so much. Yeah yours is awesome too. So the 1993 SW knew about everything and he grew up knowing about those sticks and those time travels. He knew JW died in Nepal searching for those incense too. He knew the brother was going to die there,So it's still the 1993 SW who goes to Nepal to save JW. It's 1993 SW who is going to prevent his brother from using those incense to time travel. 2013 SW died,but 1993 SW grew up knowing everything that happened to 2013 SW and his brother and those incense and thanks to MY, He even knows 2013 SW died in past. Great storyline,I say. I actually like this theory more.
    Yes, and it allows a theme of forgiveness to come forward--because SW in the original timeline said he'd never forgive his brother, JW. But in doing it this way, reaching a hand out, he's showing that he's forgiven his brother so that his brother really doesn't have to go to the past. What done is done, and the remaining family member that SW has still is a treasured person in his heart.

leanney said:
    @Kim Yunmi 
    Actually this fits with the karmic reference as well. The only issue I have is how did the 1993 SW who is all grown up knew about what happened in the other timeline. Unless, the writer nim assumes that SW retains memories of his past lives ... or in this case, retain memories of his lives in multiple timelines. 

The former is possible if you read and believe in the book "Many Lives, Many Masters"; written by Dr Brian Weiss. In the book, it also mentioned that a person who has close association with another or more in one life; will have some sort of close connection with each other in another life. For instance, SW and MY were lovers in one life (or timeline); and had an uncle-niece relationship in another life (or timeline). Guess we haven't gotten as far as proving the latter (i.e. time travel and multiple timelines) exist. :)

Can't wait to watch the fully subbed Episode 19 & 20
    String theory kinda ties neatly with the idea of multiple lives too... never occurred to me that way. String theory read in a different way can kind of read like reincarnation. Thanks for that. Mind blown. Writers must have thought of that.

Either way, you can have 1993 SW, pick up the thoughts of 2013 SW, or have 1993 SW learn from and remember the mistakes of 2013 SW.... I like either interpretation... I'll wait for the subs though.
    AlobAromikhaella75ZarraJaetelzey
  • tehlimautehlimau SingaporePosts: 32Member

IDOL

@loli I forgot who said it but it seems like the wedding timeline no longer exists when SW died in the past. We are with new/young SW and MY.

P.s I m sad Dr Han did not play a bigger role in last Ep too.
    ZarraJae
  • GaeinaLeeGaeinaLee Posts: 1,073Member

SUPERSTAR

Kim Yunmi said:
    GaeinaLee said:
    @kimyunmi: I heard lots of praises for Il Mare from long time ago... But can't find the eng sub version. Do you know where can I dl it?

It's a great movie. It initially did bad in the box office in Korea, but got a cult following after and then made a bunch of money. I like this version better mostly on tone, etc.
    @kim yunmi, thank you so much, sweetie... I never watch in dramacrazy before, since I always DL-ing. Have to pay visit there...

jamok99
  • jamok99jamok99 Posts: 103Member

IDOL

Although I have not watched episode 20 yet, but base on the spoilers I am happy about the ending, 2013 sunwoo who died in 1993 sacrifice his life for his love ones, atleast his death was not wasted because we have a new sunwoo who does not have a grudge in his life and who is brain tumor free and most importantly he loves minyoung, then he was able to save jungwoo from death. It's a meaningful death which resulted in happiness between 1993 sunwoo and minyoung
    ZarraJae
  • Kim YunmiKim Yunmi Posts: 555Member

IDOL

GaeinaLee said:
    Kim Yunmi said:
    GaeinaLee said:

@kim yunmi, thank you so much, sweetie... I never watch in dramacrazy before, since I always DL-ing. Have to pay visit there...

If you do go, turn on Adblock--you can download it free for most browsers.
    GaeinaLee
  • cutieBcutieB Posts: 20Member

IDOL

loli said:
    tehlimau said:
    If he died that mean he die in 2013 which mean he did not get to marry MY but only date her.
    I was thinking about it too. I need a scene that confirms SW and MY are married.I mean MY already worn wedding dress twice but both got cancelled. just show us a real wedding that happen. a scene with bunch of kids much better. hehe :D but they left us with a confusing ending full of uncertainity~~
    ~X( pulling my hair like dr.han. yeah. i miss him too. 
    eyelid kiss <3 *swoon*
    AlobAroZarraJae
  • 12blbl12blbl Posts: 478Member

SUPERSTAR

edited May 2013
    So did the 1993 SW get to live until 2013 and married to MY? Anyway vvery interesting drama
    AlobAro
  • andy&amp;lt;33andy&lt;33 =v=Posts: 571Member

IDOL

i am agree with kimyunmi's theory. coz i always remember how older sunwoo said that he and his younger self become a two different person after he use the incenses, right? but then i have to wait for the engsubbed one to make sure myself which version of sunwoo that come to himalaya to save jungwoo.
    AlobAroZarraJae

SUPERSTAR

ok...I'm taking back everythng I've said..wahahahahah!!!
    I'm watching the raw now...
    gues what....I'm only on the 8th minute and I'm already loving it! (take note, I don't understand Korean language) what a fool I am..
    SW's manager was like his second father to him..love him!

bad people pay for their crimes..
    good people deserves their happy lives...

image image

laserbeanzZarraJae
  • noerul20noerul20 Posts: 570Member

SUPERSTAR

loli said:
    Okay people, my theory/analyzing is coming later on... but put the main people aside, What happen to my Wonderful Dr.Han?? I miss seeing his on today's episode
    I tought I saw him in the lastest scene..he was staring at his phone..I am right?/

SUPERSTAR

edited May 2013
    noerul20 said:
    loli said:
    Okay people, my theory/analyzing is coming later on... but put the main people aside, What happen to my Wonderful Dr.Han?? I miss seeing his on today's episode
    I tought I saw him in the lastest scene..he was staring at his phone..I am right?/
    c'mon guy...why do you only miss Dr. Han..there's another doctor in NINE right?
    don't you miss the DERP FACE CHOI?
    just in case you miss him so badly, here's his trademark O,O face:
    just kidding!image

guys..please don't kill me...
    PEACE!
    image image

mikhaella75cutieBZarraJae