Would you want to become an idol/trainee?

Guest alyannaaldea

Guest alyannaaldea

I've heard a lot of buzz about the things at stake when you become an idol.  There is the sleepless nights, the sasaeng fans, the hard work, the rumors, etc.  But, through all that, you still see these idols shining and performing.  If you had the chance, would you want to be an idol?I recently auditioned to be a trainee and was accepted to the next testing in order to become a trainee.  It seems really amazing right now, but I know sooner or later I will have to change in order to "fit the profile' the company is looking for -_-  Hell freaking no. I don't know what to do and it seems really awesome, but seriously, I don't think I should.  
If you could become an idol/trainee, would you?  

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless you are really passionate about it, do not go after it. That is the best advice I can give someone in your position.

As for me, I think it's worth it if you really love to sing/dance and entertain. It's not like it's what you'll be doing until you die, so why not? There will always be negative aspects to it, but you also never know just how big you will be.

• 1 month later...
Guest mee1430292397

People will train for becoming an idol right?

For me I would like to train so that I'll be an idol..

But since my parents dont allow me to fly to Korea and go for training :(

idk how should I solve this

No absolutely not. The cons weigh way more then the pro's to me. To me my privacy is very important, I don't like to be in the spotlight and I want to live my life the way I want without having to be affraid for scandals because of my opinions or the things I do. Also I'm a person who really needs to take rest and sleep well otherwise I fall ill easily or having a bad mood all day. Ohh and I don't want to give up my friends and such.

Yes you can wear pretty clothes, meet your idols, earn lot's of money (if you find a company that is fair atleast) and the company might buy you lot's of things (which you might have to give back if you quit) but you also have to behave how you are told,  live in a dorm with your bandmates or labelmates and do things you might not agree on or don't want to do. You don't get to choose your bandmates/labelmates so who knows you might not even like them but still have to act like you are such good friends and live with them 24/7 in a dorm still which must be hard. So if it's just for the fame, pretty clothes and so you can meet other idols I think you are not fully prepared and aware of what it's gonna cost you because if it's only that it's so not worth the price you have to pay if you know what I mean.

Guest xteeanax

I'm new here so i dunno what im doin but i definatley would (i think i spelt definatley wrong)

And OMMO ^____^ what companies audition did you pass and and most importantly are you asian because i would love to audition but i am not asian T_T soo sad....

Guest forkeeps

Definitely not. 
It's a well-known fact that the performers (actors, singers, idols) are basically owned by their company until their contracts expire (not referring to the DBSK/KARA scandals), and that they earn below minimum wage - although this is likely offset by dormitory living costs, flights, food, etc. 
Doesn't seem worth it to me, because those careers expire and I want some savings if I have to eventually start with something new lol.
But good luck with whatever you choose/chose, OP.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest suncano

Nah, I like being "alone" so to speak. Don't feel like being someone's center of attention...
Would like to get fit though... 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alyannaaldea

I agree.  After thinking I decided that the cons really crushed the pros.  I don't want to be a puppet for companies, no matter how much I want to sing or dance.  I was really unsure at first but I decided not to become a trainee!  I think I am fine with the life I have now ^-^

Guest Terazu

I think the trade off is worth it only if being a singer/performer was something you *really* wanted to do.
For me, since i'm an okay singer and I get terrible stage fright if I have to sing in front of people (dancing is another story..) No, I do not want to be an idol/artist.
It's going to be some crazy years but it'll be a mix of hard work, stress and tears, and some great memories too. How many other people can look back and say, yeah I was an artist? 

Guest chibiottoman

I'd not even try to get accepted to be a trainee. I mean, an idol's life is almost like you have to behave how people around you want, there's no choice for you to say "no" or "yes". Plus, it's a tiring job, when you see idols on the stage they shine, they look amazingly bright etc but there's also the time when the sun isn't around, behind the stage there's a heap of hard work to do and it's not easy to get prepared for a show. Also, fans are not totally credible. They may give up following you, liking you and you get nothing in your hands to cling to survive. Although this person who said this is not a Korean idol, but a famous guitarist, he said that once when the fans were shouting, swearing etc. because he was late to get on the stage, he says he was vomiting blood at that time because he hadn't recovered from his last broken-rib injury. Wouldn't it make your mood down?

Guest May1430292570

If I could become a trainee/idol, I would. Next year I'm planning on auditioning at JYPE in a group. I'm going to have vocal training this year so next year I'd be prepared for the audition. I really hope I'll pass. I'm pure Filipina but JYP said their's no restrictions in nationality so I wanted to audition. Fighting!

Guest Musval

No, definitely not. I think the life of an idol might seem all glorious on the outside, but I can't even imagine what's going on when the cameras are off...
I love both singing and dancing, but being an idol definitely wouldn't be my cup of tea. First of all, if I ever became a performing artist, I would want to make my own music. And I feel like I would have no artistry left if I became an idol. It wouldn't be my music, I would just be the company's puppet doing whatever they wanted me to do.
Besides, the workload is just too much. Hearing all this stuff of idols sleeping 4 hours or less per night just because they have performances oh rehealsars sounds horrible. And if they don't have a photoshoot or recording or something, they have to use their free time and practise. I have to admit I'm an extremely lazy person who couldn't even imagine a lifestyle like that, so it's a definite no-no. I would never sacrifise my free time, family and friends for an idol's life.
Making money isn't a good reason either. First of all, if your group is from a small company there's like a 98% chance your group isn't going to become famous. The industry is crazy, if you're not from one of the biggest companies no one cares about you (unless there's something really original in your group). And even if you'd become a member of one of the most famous idol groups, what's the point of having lots of money if you don't even have time to spend it?
I just automatically correlate being an idol with unhappiness. It definitely wouldn't be the right choice for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AmyLee

alyannaaldea said: I've heard a lot of buzz about the things at stake when you become an idol.  There is the sleepless nights, the sasaeng fans, the hard work, the rumors, etc.  But, through all that, you still see these idols shining and performing.  If you had the chance, would you want to be an idol?I recently auditioned to be a trainee and was accepted to the next testing in order to become a trainee.  It seems really amazing right now, but I know sooner or later I will have to change in order to "fit the profile' the company is looking for -_-  Hell freaking no. I don't know what to do and it seems really awesome, but seriously, I don't think I should.  
If you could become an idol/trainee, would you?  

Guest taengew

it's easy to idolize (see what i did there) that kind of lifestyle, but the industry seems really fkd up to be honest and i don't think i'm emotionally mature enough to handle it. it would be fun to see what it's like, though.

Guest deannatasha

There way too many things you gotta give up to become and idol but if I was talented and pretty enough I surely would give it all up because who wouldnt want a life where people idolize you. I'm pretty screwed up but I think everyone have that innate desired to be loved especially by the masses and at any cost, if i were any bit close to being an idol, i would.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest haruno_xiah

^ what an interesting thread.I did. Even now I'm still a trainee. actually all of what @RinaMy mentioned about are true.
But since i'm quite passionate in this industry, so I'm still enjoying my activities as a traineeNOT ALL OF THEM really can stay the trainee duties.the hardest one  isn't only after you debut, But actually BEFORE YOU DEBUT. when you don't know when will you debut, and all the results are between debut or get kick-off from the entertainment cause not giving good progress as they wanted to be. 
18hours/day for HARD practice isn't that easy as its heard. 
my advice only for y'all who are get prepared already for some auditions out there, think first and don't regret that.if its your passion, then fight hard for it, if its not, you can do other precious job than this. Good luck!!

Archived