Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you know that SoompiTV now has "We Got Married," "Dad! Where Are We Going?" and "Infinity Challenge" with subtitles? ^^v

Co-Ed Fraternities

blushblush vegasPosts: 1,738Member

IDOL

Has anyone joined a co-ed fraternity such as a service/leadership one, an honors one, a business one, a psychology one, etc. as opposed to the ones that are restricted to male/female only?

I recently joined a Panhellenic one, didn't like it and depledged. (Well, I was part of a founding class so it was very unorganized/new/chaotic/different)

I've taken an interest in the co-ed ones -- mainly the ones for community service and the honors one on our campus. I was wondering if anyone had experience with this that they could share, and could shed light on how co-ed vs. non co-ed is different.

Replies

• ErnieErnie Posts: 865Member

IDOL

I don't know about the co-ed ones and I'm sure they have other organizations or fraternities. I was referring to the ones that you are talking about. I forgot their names at the moment.
  • blushblush vegasPosts: 1,738Member

IDOL

• <3StrawberryPocky<3<3StrawberryPocky<3 Posts: 1,107Member

IDOL

Depends on your school and location! Some social frats are co-ed such on the west coast, Lambda is co-ed in California, but girls are only given one Greek letter and are called the "little sisters" of the bros. Most professional frats are co-ed since it would be rather counter-productive to be gender specific in a frat catering to everyone in that profession. For example, pre-med has a co-ed frat called Phi Delta Epsilon which I'm pledging for right now! 
  • lhmboylhmboy DONGBANGSHINee<33 CALIFORNIAPosts: 166Member
    I`m in a co-ed professional one right now! it`s called phi sigma pi, which is an honors fraternity. our chapter at my university is new, but i love it. i`ve heard of good things about the other professional fraternities like alpha phi omega (service) or phi delta epsilon (pre-med), too. they`re all big organizations and a lot of people are in them. they`re all co-ed, as far as i know. and some are more intense than others, but i would definitely recommend it! 

an ILLUSTRIOUS member <3
    piccredit; cake@june
  • DorkyMickyx3DorkyMickyx3 Posts: 82Member
    ^I recommend Alpha Phi Omega. Their main goals are Leadership, Friendship, and Service. 
    Currently Writing:The Things I Do.
    Completed Stories:Wishing On a Star.
    ^PLEASE READ IT! =D