Forum Software Update & Related Problem with User Groups

soomp

We discovered an issue where the new software conflicts with our Single Sign On system, so if you logged into the forum since 11:30am PST yesterday (Feb 14), your account was reset to "New Member" (and then to "Member" if you made at least 5 posts). Please PM me (soomp) if this happened to you, and what your status should be (regular "Member", "Friend of Soompi", etc). So sorry, and thanks for your understanding.
Hi All!
Just giving you a little heads up that Vanilla just ran a software update, so you'll see a few changes here and there.
A few notable differences:

• the "quote" button has moved to bottom of the post instead of the top (which makes sense since people normally "quote" a post after they've read it, right? ^^)
  • people's old Custom Titles are showing again ("that's soomptastic" for me), though there doesn't seem to be any place to edit it :x

Please let us know if anything is coming out crazy or otherwise odd.
Thanks, and Happy Valentines Day!-soomp

Hi soomp, I usually read and post comments using my mobilephone. But since yesterday, the mobile site is not like before.

1) I cant see/view the notifications anymore unless I toggle to Full Site view which is quite annoying to do so.

SC20130216-080019-1_zps44fa96e8.jpg

2) I can't adjust the view by zoom-in/zoom-out and so I have to "move" the screen left and right jus to read a post from left to right or view a complete pic

SC20130216-080735_zpsa9caea7b.png

3) when I type my post I cant see the whole comment box

SC20130216-075503_zpsce6b5974.png

ctfrsgp said: Hi soomp, I usually read and post comments using my mobilephone. But since yesterday, the mobile site is not like before.

1) I cant see/view the notifications anymore unless I toggle to Full Site view which is quite annoying to do so.

2) I can't adjust the view by zoom-in/zoom-out and so I have to "move" the screen left and right jus to read a post from left to right or view a complete pic

3) when I type my post I cant see the whole comment box

^ I thought it was just my browser acting up on Soompi but I am also having the same problem that i stated above when I go on the site on my phone.
Any hope of fixing it soon?

Hi @soomp

Whenever i login its shows Howdy stranger ! "It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!" Why is it calling me stranger when i am member for long time and it started happening after soompi changed a months ago. 

Hello @soomp . Is it normal to have 2 type of status? Actually I didn't think this is a problem though I thought I should let you know. I was listed as Member, New Member since quite some time (I believe when I started posting last year) before this glitch was brought to light.

Guest sara1117

estrellita1122

wrote:

»

ctfrsgp said:<br />

Hi soomp, I usually read and post comments using my mobilephone. But since yesterday, the mobile site is not like before.<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

1) I cant see/view the notifications anymore unless I toggle to Full Site view which is quite annoying to do so.<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

2) I can't adjust the view by zoom-in/zoom-out and so I have to "move" the screen left and right jus to read a post from left to right or view a complete pic<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

3) when I type my post I cant see the whole comment box<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

@soomp

Hi... I have the same problem as

@ctfrsgp

and also yesterday I have gotten notifications like 4 times about becoming a "Full Member status." what does that mean??? I am confuse please explain me. this is just a suggestion if you guys can add a  button "agree"  as another option because it will be much  easier  to tell other members that we agree with their opinion without having to quote or write I agree with you. anyway is just a suggestion so sorry for bothering you. take care <br />

Hello!
Sorry in advance for my english, I speak fluently french, so sorry again if I make any mistakes.
I logged into the site twice and it's always the same thing: I have to click on the left on my name or on the button "sign in" so that it will work, otherwise it is said that Im a newbie on this forum.
Please can you help me?

I can't watch youtube video. As @Soomp i see only the black button (on the white page), and if i click on it i can only hear the music, but can’t watch the video, and i can't interrupt the video itself. I use Internet Explorer. Thanks in advance for your help, please fix the problem. ^_^

Archived