Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My transformation from skinny.. to chubby.. to athletic! (& couple motivational pics)

someguysomeguy New YorkPosts: 19Member
edited February 2013 in fitness & sports
Hey everyone! I had this up in the wrong forum section earlier but here is my transformation from 130 lbs to 175 lbs (Dirty) at peak to 150 lbs (Clean).
I'm trying to get back up to 175 lbs but keeping a clean look all the way through.

Let me know what you guys think? Also curious what you would rate my upper body from 1 to 10

EDIT: PICS REMOVED

Adding a couple of my favorite motivational pics that have been keeping me check!

imageimage
imageimage
odaesanradiocatsallyenfindingmyloveLolly~

Replies

• odaesanodaesan 러브홀릭 Posts: 2,185Member

IDOL

I think that I'd rather be slim. Keeping up the routine is cool, but I wouldn't keep focus on pictures for it. It's one thing to reach a goal, but it's another thing to stay there. If you relate pictures to your goal, then you may not be able to keep any association that may help you keep up what you have now.

The LOL point is for the last one. I just wanted to clarify that. It made me chuckle. No offense if you really like that picture.

• MusoMuso The Master Of All Pokemon! USAPosts: 2,762Member

SUPERSTAR

edited February 2013
    You have the body of a chiseled Ken doll.

But what did you do to achieve the body you have now?
    someguyWhitegata
  • someguysomeguy New YorkPosts: 19Member
    Hey Transformation and Mousy-Muso,

My routine has changed up quite a bit given my new goals.

I listed one of my primary workout schedule during my last cutting phase, which lasted approximately 3 weeks. I went from ~160 lbs to ~150 lbs in that time period. Every week, I had one day off. However, I still did 100 push ups (50 reps / 30 reps / 20 reps) and 7 variations of situps (350 reps total = 70 reps x 5 sets) at home.

Gym schedule during 3-week cutting phase
    - 20 min of core circuit training (deadlifts, bench press, leg raises)
    - 5 min break
    - 45 min of cardio (Elliptical or treadmill)
    - 5 min break
    - 15 min of other exercises (Depending on day - Laterals, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, Traps, Legs)
    - 15 min of Abs

Let me know if you're asking because you're interested in getting into it. Everyone has a different starting and end goal.
    I'm more than happy to try and help. Private message me if that's easier for you.

This girl in the link is amazingly fit!
    Andreia Brazier Motivation - CutAndJacked.com

btw, Mousy-Muso, thanks for the nice compliment ;)
    odaesan said:
    I think that I'd rather be slim. Keeping up the routine is cool, but I wouldn't keep focus on pictures for it. It's one thing to reach a goal, but it's another thing to stay there. If you relate pictures to your goal, then you may not be able to keep any association that may help you keep up what you have now.
    The LOL point is for the last one. I just wanted to clarify that. It made me chuckle. No offense if you really like that picture.
    Nice to meet you.
    Why would you prefer to stay slim? You wouldn't want your girlfriend to beat you in arm wrestling, would you?!  :D

In regards to your point about not focusing on motivational pictures... I think this is one of the best ways to get motivated in fitness.
    You have any role models? Michael Jordan, Eli Manning, Warren Buffett, your hardworking parents, or even a sibling. Whoever they are, I'm sure you see something great in them, acknowledge their achievement and this provides you with motivation to achieve something of a higher status. Fitness is more straight forward, someone's body is their accomplishment. This work of art is best explained through pictures and not even a million words can do better.

Odesan, I'm sure you know what I mean. Its exactly like the feeling you got when you chuckled at my last picture above..
    Yes I like the picture, but I guess it gave you a some sort of different pleasure that I obviously never cared to think about .. ?   :-*

Lol.. Francis Fletcher (1st guy in pic above) and Luke Guldan (2nd guy you chuckled about) are two of my top ten fitness role models.These two are my height and hold my ideal weight at ~ 170lbs. -175lbs. Their pictures constantly remind me that what I want is possible and if I want it, I better keep hurling them weights.

"It's one thing to reach a goal, but it's another thing to stay there. If you relate pictures to your goal, then you may not be able to keep any association that may help you keep up what you have now":
    Odesan I guess if you're telling me that I'm not allowed to add to my motivational pic collection in the future, I'll just have to stop at Simeon Panda's way over-the-top unnatural superman physique.. he has nothing to worry about though because I told him I'd rather be slim ;)

• odaesanodaesan 러브홀릭 Posts: 2,185Member

IDOL

someguy said:
    odaesan said:
    Nice to meet you.
    Why would you prefer to stay slim? You wouldn't want your girlfriend to beat you in arm wrestling, would you?!  :D

In regards to your point about not focusing on motivational pictures... I think this is one of the best ways to get motivated in fitness.
    You have any role models? Michael Jordan, Eli Manning, Warren Buffett, your hardworking parents, or even a sibling. Whoever they are, I'm sure you see something great in them, acknowledge their achievement and this provides you with motivation to achieve something of a higher status. Fitness is more straight forward, someone's body is their accomplishment. This work of art is best explained through pictures and not even a million words can do better.

Odesan, I'm sure you know what I mean. Its exactly like the feeling you got when you chuckled at my last picture above..
    Yes I like the picture, but I guess it gave you a some sort of different pleasure that I obviously never cared to think about .. ?   :-*

Lol.. Francis Fletcher (1st guy in pic above) and Luke Guldan (2nd guy you chuckled about) are two of my top ten fitness role models.These two are my height and hold my ideal weight at ~ 170lbs. -175lbs. Their pictures constantly remind me that what I want is possible and if I want it, I better keep hurling them weights.

"It's one thing to reach a goal, but it's another thing to stay there. If you relate pictures to your goal, then you may not be able to keep any association that may help you keep up what you have now":
    Odesan I guess if you're telling me that I'm not allowed to add to my motivational pic collection in the future, I'll just have to stop at Simeon Panda's way over-the-top unnatural superman physique.. he has nothing to worry about though because I told him I'd rather be slim ;)
    I'm much stronger than I look. I should be fine as long as someone like the girl in the video isn't my girlfriend.

I'm saying that most humans don't keep at a level once they've reached it. If the pictures work for you, then that's great. Just don't keep it as your main motivation. Goals should be connected to more things.

My name is "odaesan". "ae" and "e" have similar articulation, but they are not the same sound. The emotion is mirth and it is not the same as the emotion you describe.

Again, I'm not saying that you shouldn't post pictures; just don't put all your desires in them. You know what I mean? :-*

• MusoMuso The Master Of All Pokemon! USAPosts: 2,762Member

SUPERSTAR

No problem.

And your routine seems interesting. May just try it out and see where my results are with it.
    Did you take any supplements as well? If so, what kind?
    I've only taken whey protein after each work out I've done.
    someguy
  • Jenny NoJenny No Washington DCPosts: 195Member

IDOL

Nice work! Check out Greg Plitt, my bf's man crush lol 

He watches this video before gym every. single. time.

Always on the go, no regrets.
    Currently jetsetting off to a different country every week.
    My adventures in heels:http://nojennyno.blogspot.com
    someguy
  • thesteelthesteel Posts: 463Member

IDOL

Heyyy, awesome change! How long did it take you?

What did you do to bulk up? I'm having some trouble with it since my metabolism is so fast, it's hard to gain weight.
    someguy
  • ~ BunnyliciouS ~~ BunnyliciouS ~ Mum OregonPosts: 26,304Friend of Soompi

SUPERSTAR

DAAAAAMMNNN!! Good job. HOT !! :D

someguy
  • itrayyaitrayya latchkey princess. California.Posts: 7,221Friend of Soompi

IDOL

your body is very impressive. keep it up.

i would give it a 10 because i know how hard it is to get there.
    i personally am scared of buff bodies  :)
    someguy
  • babyy2flybabyy2fly Posts: 13Member
    Wow, great job! Impressed (y)
    someguy
    edited February 2013
    Mousy-Muso
    Just PM me if interested about making your own workout routine. I can try to help but would need to understand your height, current weight, target weight and current gym routine.

Supplements that I like taking
    The supps listed under "the other" category are not as imporant, Amino not necessary as long as you take enough protein, a little bit of creatine is fine for females
    Protein: Swapping between 1) Nitrotech and 2) ON Gold standard 100% Whey
    Amino: Swapping between 1) GNC Ultra amino complex and 2) ON Amino energy chewables
    Multi: GNC sports
    Creatine: Muscletech Creakic
    Preworkout: C4
    Other:
    GNC 1000mg vitamin C chewables
    GNC CLA
    GNC vitamin B12 1500mcg
    Jenny No said:
    Nice work! Check out Greg Plitt, my bf's man crush lol 
    Yup. Tell your bf to check out my top 10 listed below (Greg plitt is one of them). He might find a new crush!
    Personally, I love Ulisses, Luke Guldan, Francis Fletcher and Kane Sumabat.

Name / Weight / Height
    1) Simeon Panda 230 6'1
    2) Adam Charlton 215 5'11
    3) Ulisses Williams 200 5'10
    4) Greg Plitt 195 6'1
    5) Kane Sumabat 185 5'10
    6) Rob Riches 180 5'10
    7) Josef Rakich 180 5'10
    8) Francis Fletcher 175 5'10
    9) Luke Guldan 175 5'11
    10) Zyzz (Past away - never looked up stats)
    DAAAAAMMNNN!! Good job. HOT !! :D
    LOL thanks bunny
    itrayya said:
    your body is very impressive. keep it up.
    i would give it a 10 because i know how hard it is to get there.
    i personally am scared of buff bodies  :)
    Thanks, you're the first person to rate! 10 is too nice though. It'll take me another year or two to be where I want to be.
    Anything disproportionate? Biceps, Traps, anything? Positive critiques! :D
    babyy2fly said:
    Wow, great job! Impressed (y)
    Thanks babyy2fly! Anything to improve? Positive critiques!

2 pics I took during my workout last night. Feels goood!
    Posted on my instagram, anyone use it here? I got it a few days ago.

First pic: 30 min in / Second pic: 1 hour in & pumped

thesteel said:
    Heyyy, awesome change! How long did it take you?
    What did you do to bulk up? I'm having some trouble with it since my metabolism is so fast, it's hard to gain weight.
    thesteel thanks!

Details of transformation below
    2007: 130 lbs
    2008: 150 lbs. (+20 pounds from sitting, working and eating) I still look pretty skinny given that I didn't work out much. I considered myself to be "skinny fat".
    2009: 150 lbs (No change) Still skinny fat.

2010: 175 lbs (+25 lbs. in 2 months during July and August) This was the summer I decided to change myself and my habits. During that 2 mo. period, I forced myself to eat 5 to 6 meals a day. Muscletech MassTech helped a lot. However, I would not do it again, I looked like a Jersey Shore meathead! The picture in "Bulk 3" is when I cut down to 165 lb in 2011. So imagine me w/ +10 lbs of fat & muscle on top of that. I had to buy a new wardrobe of work clothes, suits, and all.
    2011: 165 lb (-10 lbs because I decided that I was too big and I need to cut weight.)

2012: 150 lb (-5 lbs from Jan to Sept. This was when I became more disciplined with lifting and dieting. (Specifically, keeping track of reps and increase in weights, various exercises for each muscle groups). In a matter of 3 weeks, I lost ~10 pounds of primarily fat. Feels good.

The 3 week program is mentioned above in my second post. Although I'm back to 150 lbs, most of it is muscle weight as opposed to fat during the 150 lbs I weighed in 2008.

I've had a really fast metabolism all my life and you can tell by looking at my "Before" picture in the initial post.
    That's me when I graduated from college. I was 130 lbs at 5'9 - 5'10. In HS, I was 115-120 lbs...

How I bulked up: Check out what I did in 2010 above to see how I did it, but if I could do it over again, I wish I learned proper dieting. I learned this in Oct 2012. Im trying to achieve a better balance during my current bulk so I don't get too bulky. I want to keep real lean year-round.

When dieting you should learn about:
    - The order of calories burned (Carbs first / fat second / muscle last). This is important so you can maintain leanness.. i.e. More carbs in morning & more protein at night, minimal carbs for light workout sessions and more carbs for high intensity / high duration workouts, etc

- a) average person burns 2,000 calories from living life (excl workout)
    b) 1 lb of fat burned = 3500 calories FROM FAT burned
    c) Calories from fat = approx 8 calories; learn to read nutritional facts, etc..
    This is important to understand how to create deficits, maintenance and surplus to target weight loss, maintain weight or gain weight

- excellent sources of protein: Chicken, 93%+ lean ground beef, tuna, salmon, egg whites, milk
    - excellent sources of complex carbs: Whole wheat and whole grain anything!!! Whole wheat pita, whole wheat pasta... Nuts, peanuts, etc..
    - Once again, learning how to dissect the information shown in nutritional facts will be important for the magical balancing act to maintain leanness and gradually increase muscle mass

Trust me, if I can do this, I'm sure you can do better. PM me with any questions.
    Apologies if this is written horribly... I couldnt fall asleep last night - i'm going to get a bit of rest now!
  • AAgurl789AAgurl789 NJPosts: 744Member

IDOL

Great job...a ten for me would be somewhere around joe manganiello's body..but your body is a solid 8ish...still very nice. I admire ppl who have the discipline like that...amazing job! Seriously it takes a lot of hard work and kudos to u. :D
    someguy
  • FusionGT2FusionGT2 Cowfun San Jose, CAPosts: 4,787Friend of Soompi

IDOL

Thats impressive.  I give you props for putting in the time and effort.  I wish I still had the motivation to work out lol.. getting old sucks
    skirtsig-2.jpg

someguy
  • mintcrackermintcracker Posts: 7,279Member

IDOL

• limehfullimehful Posts: 28Member
    Height?
    You're upper pec in my opinion needs a little filling to look balanced with the lower.
    Maybe do a little more work on your serratus as well to get a nicer tone on your sides.

Good job other than that can we get a Back picture and maybe a flexed bicep?
    someguy
    edited February 2013
    Thanks @AAgurl789 @FusionGT2 @mintcracker @limehful

Fusion - I'm sure you're not that old. Plus you can never be too old for working out. Get started bro!
    @JennyNo - Weird coincidence - I saw you posted in the "Meet other bodybuilders" section of BB.com. Think you were asking if anyone was from MD. I did the same for NYC :)>-

@limehful - I'm 5'9. Sure here are some extra pix bro. I assume you been lifting for a while - would be cool if you can post some of your pics up here! Where u from?
    Also can I get your advice on supplements - I listed the stuff I take a few posts above.
    Are there anything else I'm missing and you would recommend (aside from carbs & weight gainers)? Thanks

Muso
  • bokaboka MelbournePosts: 2,753Friend of Soompi
    Great work, lean always beats size, though this is coming from someone who has a 4-pack in the morning that turns in to a 2-pack at night lol
    Please remember to floss your teeth.
    Posts must be 20 characters or longer. Do not bypass the swear filter.
    Please argue your point without generalizing or name-calling.
    someguyMuso