fullsizephoto298370.jpg

Title : Wonderful Mama
Episode: TBA
Broadcast Network: SBS
Release Date: April 13, 2013
Air Time: Sat & Sun 20:40
PD: Yoon Ryu Hae
Writer: Park Hyun Joo
Official Live Streaming : http://vod.sbs.co.kr/onair/onair_index.jsp?Channel=SBS

SYPNOSIS

Lee Min Woo as Lee Jang Ho

Wonderful_Mama-Lee_Min-Woo.jpg

Lee Chung Ah as Oh Da Jung

Wonderful_Mama-Lee_Chung-Ah.jpg

Yoo In Young as Lee Soo Jin

Wonderful_Mama-Yu_In-Young.jpg

Kim Chung as Choi Eun Ok

Wonderful_Mama-Kim_Cheong.jpg

Hwang Jae Won as Lee Ji Woo

Wonderful_Mama-Hwang_Jae-Won.jpg

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest reijaye

Jung Kyeo-woon considers new weekend drama by girlfriday | January 26, 2013 

JungKyeoWoon9.jpg

Casting rounds have begun for the new SBS weekend series Wonderful Mama, set to follow current Saturday-Sunday drama My Love Madame Butterfly. The offer is out to Jung Kyeo-woon to play the leading man. It’s crazy that it’s already been a year since his last show, History of the Salaryman. I guess time flies when you’re messing with the fourth dimension.

You know how dramas always come in pairs? Well Wonderful Mama sounds a lot like upcoming weekend series Incarnation of Money, crossed with a more traditional family drama. This one’s about a mom who’s a loan shark — how’s that for a twist on the usual matriarch of a multi-generational household? Mom is a successful loan shark who gets diagnosed with Alzheimer’s, after which her three daughters have to take over everything, including taking care of Mom and running the family business.

It’d be pretty funny if they didn’t know she was a loan shark, and then discovered it after the fact. I can see it being a heartwarming family drama with lots of light to balance the heavy, if they capitalize on the comedy potential. The daughters haven’t been cast yet, so we’ll have to wait and see who Jung Kyeo-woon’s match will be.

Bae Jong-ok (Hooray for Love) is up to play Mom, and the drama will be helmed by PD Yoon Ryu-hae (I Love You), and writer Park Hyun-joo (Hooray for Love). Wonderful Mama premieres this spring on SBS.

Via My Daily

cr. http://www.dramabeans.com

Guest reijaye

Jung Yumi joins Jung Kyeo-woon in Wonderful Mama by girlfriday | January 29, 2013

JungYumi_12.jpg

Confirmations are in for Jung Kyeo-woon’s new weekend drama Wonderful Mama, and now he has a co-star in Rooftop Prince’s Jung Yumi, who has finally made it out of backstabby second lead territory. She was originally due to star in City Conquest first, but that drama seems dead in the water, at least for now.

Wonderful Mama is about a loan shark mom (Bae Jong-ok), a self-made woman who went from working a tiny market stand to owning multi-million-won buildings. She gets diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s, and has to hurry and make her three adult kids grow up before she forgets how to mother them. It’s described as a refreshing and heartwarming family story.

Jung Yumi will play Mom’s eldest daughter, Go Young-chae, a designer and uppity princess who has a short temper and a quick tongue. But she’ll eventually mature and become a warm, optimistic young woman with lots of affection. She meets Jung Kyeo-woon’s character at work when she starts a new job, and they’ll have a contentious workplace romance.

Jung Kyeo-woon will play Jang Hoon-nam (Ha, his name hoon-nam actually means nice guy.), the second son of a family that’s owned a clothing material factory for three generations. He lost his parents at a young age, and grew up taking care of his hearing-impaired older brother. They’re inseparable, and he sounds like the nicest kid brother ever. He’s strict and professional at work, but he’s got a strong sense of responsibility and he starts out trying to get Young-chae to stop being a gold-digging princess, and will eventually fall in love with her. Sounds like lots of potential for cute romance and heartwarming family drama.

The show will be produced by PD Yoon Ryu-hae (I Love You), and writer Park Hyun-joo (Hooray for Love). Wonderful Mama follows My Love Madame Butterfly and premieres in May on SBS.

JungKyeoWoon6.jpg

Via TV Report

cr. http://www.dramabeans.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest reijaye

class="content-title" “Rooftop Prince’s” Jung Yumi to Work with Jung Kyeo Woon in New Drama chococoffee February 19, 2013 “Rooftop Prince’s” Jung Yumi to Work with Jung Kyeo Woon in New Drama

Jung Yumi, who previously starred in dramas like “Rooftop Prince” and “A Thousand Days’ Promise,” has decided on her next project.

According to her agency, Neos Entertainment, the actress is confirmed as the female lead for “Wonderful Mama,” which stars Jung Kyeo Woon as the male lead. A representative of her management stated, “It’s been finalized. Jung Yumi will star in ‘Wonderful Mama,’ where she will star opposite Jung Kyeo Woon.”

“Wonderful Mama” is described as a heartwarming family drama about a loan shark mom (Bae Jong Ok), a self-made woman who now own multi-million won buildings, and her three immature children. She gets diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and decides that she needs to make her adult children grow up. Jung Yumi will play the eldest daughter, Go Young Chae, a hot-tempered princess who works as a designer. As she matures, she realizes her mother’s fierce love for her children and the importance of family.

Regarding her new drama, Jung Yumi expressed, “I am honored to be working on such a great project with amazing seniors. While I’m nervous, I will work hard to show everyone good acting. Please show a lot of attention and love.”

“Wonderful Mama” will replace “My Love, Madame Butterly” on SBS this May.

cr. soompi news

• 2 weeks later...
Guest reijaye

ANOTHER CASTING NEWS..

Lee Chung-ah joins weekend drama Wonderful Mama
by girlfriday | March 4, 2013 | 20 Comments

LeeChungAh3.jpg

Lee Chung-ah (Flower Boy Ramyun Shop) has two new projects headed our way. First, she’s joined the cast of the Kim Sun-ah movie The Five, which is shooting now, but won’t hit theaters for a while. And then she also just signed on to upcoming weekend family drama Wonderful Mama, starring Jung Kyeo-woon and Jung Yumi, set to air this spring. Busy girl, but I’m glad to see her back on screens both big and small.

In the drama she’ll play Jung Yumi’s best friend, described as a doormat type, who incites other people’s protective instincts. She’s a sweet, sincere girl who’s also a walking disaster. Oy with this dramaland character type that will not die. She’s disregarded by her husband, and constantly taken advantage of by others, but is lovable and childlike in her innocence. Jung Yumi’s heroine is a rather bratty spoiled princess at the start of the story, which fits the bill for their likely unbalanced friendship. Poor thing. But the heroine will also have a big transformation arc to make her a better person, so hopefully Lee Chung-ah will get one where she grows a backbone and doesn’t let herself get trampled.

Wonderful Mama is, as the title would suggest, a mom-centric family drama. Bae Jong-ok stars as a loan shark mom who gets diagnosed with early-onset Alzheimer’s and hurries to impart every bit of mothering that she can to her three adult children before it’s too late. Jung Yumi is the eldest daughter, and Jung Kyeo-woon plays her love interest. The siblings have yet to be cast.

I’m probably a little more excited for Lee Chung-ah’s part in The Five, seeing as how it’s more of a departure for her. Taking part in a revenge scheme to kill a serial killer — so not your average goody two shoes role. But you have to practically forget about movies and just be pleasantly surprised when they’re released, otherwise playing the waiting game with one is like a masochistic test of patience.

Wonderful Mama follows My Love Madame Butterfly and premieres in May.

Guest reijaye

SCRIPT READING NEWS..
class="entry-title"Star-studded cast of ‘Wonderful Mama’ holds first script reading

20130305_WonderfulMama.jpg

A new drama for you to watch is in the works.

The star-studded cast of the upcoming SBS drama ‘Wonderful Mama‘ gathered together for the first script reading session held at the SBS Prism Center in Seoul on the 3rd.

Bae Jong Ok, Jung Yoo Mi, Kim Ji Suk, Park Bo Kum, Jung Gyu Woon, Ahn Nae Sang, Kyun Mi Ri, Lee Min Woo, Lee Chung Ah, Yoo In Young, and Hello VenusYooyoung showed their instant teamwork during their first meeting together.

As you can already guess from the title, ‘Wonderful Mama’ is a family drama centered around a mother played by Bae Jong Ok, who gets diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease. She uses her last bit of time, while her memory is still intact, to take care of her three grown-up children.

‘Wonderful Mama’ will premiere on April 13th.

20130305_WonderfulMama_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hellooo.. I've just read the news at Dramabeans and I get intrigue.. I feel like I want to watch the drama, but I find there are a few news about this drama. Anyone know how the story and the complete cast of this drama? I'd like to know who is the children and who plays who.. maybe a relationship chart would be really helpful. thank you.

Guest reijaye

i don't know if this is the official site of wonderful mama
http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/sw11/template/swtpl_iframetype.jsp?vVodId=V0000376136&vProgId=1000871&vMenuId=1018775
there are some character description w/c unfortunately i don't understand..

Guest manquant

Annyeong, chingus. Here are the character descriptions (mianhe, cannot understand much Korean so this is the least I can do ;)) ) : 
1_1.jpg

1_2.jpg

1_3.jpg

1_4.jpg

2_1.jpg

2_2.jpg

2_3.jpg

2_4.jpg

3_1.jpg

3_2.jpg

3_3.jpg

3_4.jpg

5.jpg

Guest robs1430291557

@reijaye - thanks for all the pix and clips! I am looking forward to this drama. Have they put up a correlation chart yet?

Archived