Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Drama 2013] You're The Best Lee Soon Shin - 최고다 이순신

Replies

• phoungphoung IU's star candy dreamlandPosts: 1,154Member

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2013
    U & Jo Jung Suk Interview during poster shooting

IU Talks About Her Anxieties Acting in You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin

During a KBS 2TV press conference for You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin, IU admitted that she has anxieties about being a main character. She said, ”Honestly, my only acting experience was during KBS 2TV Dream High as Pil Suk, so I was very worried.” She also added that she felt undeserving of the part but decided to stick through it with everyone’s support. IU said, “I wanted to believe everyone’s faith in me.”

IU asserted that she will work extra hard on both acting and singing, asking fans to anticipate her new album release along with her drama appearance. Meanwhile, You’re the Best Lee Soon Shin will start airing on March 9th.

http://blog.dramafever.com/2013/03/iu-admits-her-worries-for-her-upcoming-drama/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+dramafeverblog+(DramaFever+Blog)

IU Confesses about her New Drama Role, “I Worried about if I would Do Well”

IU Confesses about her New Drama Role, "I Worried about if I would Do Well"

Singer and actress IU revealed her thoughts on her first lead role in a drama.

Today at the KBS “Best Lee Soon Shin” press conference, the cast for the drama came together.

IU commented, “I honestly was worried as I’ve only had one acting role before.”

She continued, “Being a lead role for a weekend drama is a big thing and I was worried on whether or not I was fit for this role. While I was debating about this role, the producers and directors supported me. It was because of their support and their confidence in me that I decided to take on this role.”

She added that she would work hard in both acting and singing. Please keep a look out for both the drama and my new album soon.”

This drama will be the new drama to come after “My Daughter Seoyoung” and will begin airing on March 9.

http://www.ohkpop.com/98675/iu-confesses-about-her-new-drama-role-i-worried-about-if-i-would-do-well
    Please kindly read the signature rules.
    always.happyytblssfan

SUPERSTAR

IU "I told my mother about my drama and she…"

Singer and actress IU got the question, "How was your family's reaction when you told them about your drama casting?" at the press releasing event of the upcoming KBS 2TV weekend drama, "Lee Soon-sin is the Best".

She answered, "My mother and grandmother love weekend KBS dramas. My mother said, "How can I see you after watching Lee Bo-yeong?" and I told her that Soon-shin also becomes prettier later".

"I told her that the character is quite pathetic at first -- my family supports me a lot".

IU takes on the role of Lee Soon-shin. She was the loner out of the family of two sisters but she earns a turning point in her life thanks to a man named Sin Joon-ho.

Meanwhile, "Lee Soon-sin is the Best" is about a mother and her daughters struggling to get life back and find happiness after the sudden death of the father. To be aired for the first time on the 9th, this month.

http://www.hancinema.net/iu-i-told-my-mother-about-my-drama-and-sheo-53490.html

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2013

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', IU "Working with Yoo Inna is a sign from Heaven"

IU displayed her bond with her best friend Yoo Inna.

During the 'You're the best Lee Soonshin' press conference, IU stated, "Throughout the years, Yoo Inna unnie was the one that treated me the best. She knows all of my emotional and physical problems. After receiving the synopsis, she was the first person that I talked to. She was the one that cheered me on the most, saying that I should take this role and when I heard that she got the role of Yooshin, it made me so happy that I couldn’t sleep."

IU showed her gratitude, stating. "Inna unnie always cheered me on when she even when she wasn't there during the filming.”

'You’re the best Lee Soonshin' IU's feelings on her first leading role character "I'm confident playing the role of the ‘not pretty’ Lee Soonshin"

IU had gotten the role of the leading character, Lee Soonshin, in the drama 'You're the best Lee Soonshin'. She explained, "Lee Soonshin is a loser. She has no special skills but due to her daring personality, she is able to overcome hardships."

She had revealed, "When they offered me the role of a leading character in the KBS weekend drama, I was worried, wondering if I could do it. However the PD and the writers trusted me so I was able to become more confident. To add on, in most of the dramas when the character isn't supposed to be pretty, the actress playing that role often still looks pretty. So I'm confident that I'll be able to portray a character that's not pretty since I'm not pretty."

Translation: -Hope @ weheartiu
    Source: 1,2
    http://weheartiu.com/forums/topic/8473-130305-youre-the-best-lee-soonshin-iu-reveals-her-thoughts-about-the-drama/page__pid__144318#entry144318
    Allyalways.happyytblssfan

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2013

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', Lee Jinhoon compliments "IU thoroughly prepared herself."

Actor Lee Jihoon, who debuted as a singer, complimented his junior, IU.

Lee Jihoon will be playing the part as Kim Younghoon, who will look after Lee Soonshin (IU) while she goes through hardships.

He stated, "I don't know how they got an actress who matches the character of Lee Soonshin so well. I think she prepared herself more than I thought she would."

He continued, "Unlike during my time, there are a lot of cases where actors debut while they're still in their training. So I don't know if it's because they are given advice on how to act right on the set but comparing to my generation of singers that became actors, I think this generation is doing better."

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', Jo Jungsuk "Acting with IU, my family calls me a thief"

Jo Jungsuk revealed his worries regarding acting along side with IU, who is 13 years younger than him.

Jo Jungsuk will be playing the part as Shin Joonho. Shin Joonho will make a bet with his former girlfriend, Choi Yuna (Played by Kim Yoonsuh), that he could make Lee Soonshin (played by IU) into a top star.

When asked about acting with IU, he had revealed, "My family called me a thief. I hope this comment won't become a big issue but it's true. Although we have a large age gap, if IU is ok with it, I will try my best to portray our romantic relationship in the drama."

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', Go Dushim "IU's burden-less looks"

Actress, Go Dushim did not fail to shower IU with compliments.

When asked about her thoughts on IU, Go Dushim had replied, "We recorded few scenes together but it didn't feel like we came from different eras."

She continued, "Truthfully, her looks don't burden me. I thought it would be hard for her to do an emotional scene. However, it really surprised me when she just poured out everything during those scenes. It made me think that when a person tries their best in their work, no matter what situation they're put in, they can always show their true qualities. You'll be able to see her brilliant acting."

'You're the best Lee Soonshin', PD "Casting IU? Your worries will be washed away after the 1st episode"

How did singer IU get the leading role in the KBS weekend drama?

When Yoon Sungsik PD was asked why he chose IU to take on a role of a girl that would be called a 'loser', he responded, "When I read the synopsis, the image I got of Lee Soonshin was of a short girl that looked cute rather than glamorous. I thought about actresses that looked like that but I personally thought IU was perfect for that image. After seeing her act in 'Dream High' it definitely showed me her potential as an actress."

However, after meeting IU, Yoon PD was sure of his decision about casting IU. He explained, "I'm confident when saying I think she became the perfect 'Lee Soonshin' after working for a month. I'm sure a lot of people are worried but after seeing the first two episodes, I think everyone's worries will be all washed away."

Translation: -Hope @ weheariu
    Source: 1,2,3,4
    http://weheartiu.com/forums/topic/8472-130304-youre-the-best-lee-soonshin-lee-jinhoon-jo-jungsuk-go-dushim-and-yoo-pds-thoughts-on-ius-acting/page__pid__144316#entry144316
    always.happyytblssfan
  • leeemyisleeemyis Posts: 366Member

IDOL

Looking forward to it.  IU is such a talented star, she can sing and act.  The other cast are amazing as well.  Can't wait to watch.
    Watching: Come Jang Bo Ri, Fated 2 Love You, & Hi! School Love On
    Allyytblssfan

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2013

[VIDEO] 120305 KBS Ent Relay - You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin

0041 IU: Hello everyone, I’m IU, starring as Lee Soon Shin. Nice to meet you.
    0058 IU: When I come here to film for the drama, it doesn’t seem to take long. Just some basic makeup and I don’t even comb my hair. I just sort of tie a simple ponytail.
    0115 (What about compared to your real image?) IU: I think we have many similarities, really compared to other actresses, I look kind of pathetic… I look really shabby.. blahblah (can’t hear due to laughter XD)
    0129 Yoo Inna: I’m not really doing a good job, am I? Somehow I feel like I’m going to receive a lot of hate.
    “Hey, Lee Soon Shin, do you wanna die??”
    [TEXT] Yoo Inna, acting as a perfect all-rounder, mistreating her sister, IU, in the drama.
    [TEXT] The two of them in real life? Best buddies in the entertainment industry.
    0211 Go Dooshim: In “You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin”, I’m Soon Shin’s mum. Who’s our youngest daughter? Do you happen to know who IU is~?
    [TEXT] Meticulously giving IU acting tips
    0255 Jo Jungsuk: I feel really honoured to be here. To be casted as the main actor for the first time, I’m nervous and looking forward to it.
    0310 Jo Jungsuk: The happiness I felt when I met the nation’s little sister, IU, for the first time is beyond description.
    0317 IU: His skin is really good and the apples of his cheeks are really pretty. 
    0325 (How do you maintain such pretty cheeks?) Jo Jungsuk: My cheeks? My secret? Well… how do you do that?
    0354 Jo Jungsuk: I’ll work hard! -does a weird flailing dance and IU follows him keke-

Translated with love from squishy

[VIDEO] 130305 Star News - IU/Jo Jungsuk couple

(It’s your first time being casted as the lead actress, are you feeling confident?)
    0134 IU: Actually, although other female leads are not depicted in a pretty manner, they still look really pretty. But I don’t look pretty and I don’t end up pretty on screen either and that’s something I’m feeling sure about.

(On his loveline with IU)
    0155  JJS: It was lunar new year not long ago, right? I met up with my relatives and no matter where I went, I kept hearing talk about this. My family called me a thief too. But if IU is alright with it, I’d like to work hard on building our couple relationship well. That’s right.

(Your first impression of Jo Jungsuk?)
    0234 IU: He’s really, really kind. I first met him during the script reading and he has really good skin. He was wearing a cap then and came in without makeup, but his cheekbones were really prominent and his skin was really good, so I even went to tell Inna-unni about it after that. I told her that his skin was really really good. His cheekbones over here were really prominent and pretty.

(IU’s charm?)
    0313 JJS: She seems really lovely. Really lovely and cute and her appearance itself is really pretty, and so she’s really lovely (yesyes loll you’re repeating yourself here) so whenever I see her I feel like putting on a daddy smile. That sort of feeling. And that’s all for the really charming IU.

Translated with love by squishyblob

lovcom00jiaxin1603always.happyytblssfan

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2013

cr: IU-kawaii @ tumblr

cr: IU-kawaii @tumblr
    always.happyangelangieamiliyana90ytblssfan

SUPERSTAR

[VIDEO]130306 Good Morning Korea - YTBLSS Filming BTS
    always.happyamiliyana90

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2013
    KBS주말드라마 최고다 이순신(You Are The Best!) 1회 예고 (preview ep- 1) 

2013년 3월 9일 저녁 07:55 KBS 2tv 

KBS 2tv 09:55pm (KST) on March 9, 2013

by:KBSdrama

jiaxin1603always.happy

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2013

SUPERSTAR

edited March 2013
    Yoo In Na with Goo Joo Won - BTS + Interview of KBS You’re The Best,Lee Soon Shin Photoshoot!

IU with kim-kwangkyu

he plays rookie actor (cr: his twitter-ckbust2)

imageimageimage

Actor Choi Kang Won Cast As IU's Rival In 'You're The Best, Yi Soon Shin'

Rookie actor Choi Kang-won will appear in the upcoming drama ‘You’re the Best, Yi Soon Shin’.

Playing a rookie actor preparing for his debut, like his present situation, he will play the role of Go Jae-beom, a rival of IU’s role ‘Yi Soon-shin’.

The character is an actor trainee, preparing for his debut after he misses an opportunity to make his debut in an idol group. He works in the same coffee shop where Soon-shin works, while preparing for his debut.

Being a confident man, almost to the point of being arrogant, hhe tries to lecture Soon-shin on various topics, but ends up getting a lesson from her when she makes her debut before him.

http://koreandrama.com/actor-choi-kang-won-cast-as-ius-rival-in-youre-the-best-yi-soon-shin/

always.happyrrmskirulezhineytblssfan
  • jhoanitaxjhoanitax Posts: 4New Member
    wohoooo today is the first episode !! i hope i can wake up early for the stream 
  • AllyAlly Posts: 489Member

SUPERSTAR

IU, Yoo In Na, and Son Tae Young snuggle together as sisters

IUYoo In Na, and Son Tae Young, who play the three sisters of ’You’re the Best, Lee Soon Shin‘,amped up the anticipation for the upcoming drama as they posed side by side, looking very much like actual siblings.

IU, the main character whom the show is named after, will portray the youngest out of the bunch, if that wasn’t already obvious. She’ll also have the most complicated love line in the story as there will be a 4-way love triangle, or a love-square, involving her.

Her older sisters played by Yoo In Na and Son Tae Young will also have their own sweet love stories.Yoo In Na will find herself in the middle of a cute, warm romance with a childhood friend, and Son Tae Young will initially suffer through a painful marriage, but find her true love during the drama.

You’ll get to see these three soon enough as the first episode of the drama is set to air later tonight (9th)!

Source: allkpop

rrmskirulezhineytblssfan
  • AllyAlly Posts: 489Member

SUPERSTAR

YTBLSS' streaming link: 

Click the KBS link!

If the link's not working (Plugins not available), go to http://videolan.org and click "Install VLC"
    then run the .exe file, click next--->finish. Then go back to the kpopstream page and refresh. 
    ;)
    lovcom00always.happyphoung